Burnley

mrbojangles

Was hard work relying on twitter feeds these last couple of hours but strength, fitness and quality told in the end.

Well done to everyone at the Turf!

is Joe Hart worthy of a Burnley shirt?

39 minutes ago, todlad said:

Was hard work relying on twitter feeds these last couple of hours but strength, fitness and quality told in the end.

Well done to everyone at the Turf!

is Joe Hart worthy of a Burnley shirt?

I think he is worthy he is not a bad keeper by any means he just had a bit of a meltdown these last couple of years thanks to pep who had to spend big to cover up an almighty error.

25 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not biting Todlad.

Nothing to bite bareback said all that needs to be said. The lad was riding high until pep arrived and then it was simply a case of Do1 son and that's gonna hurt but I bet the lad was laughing when bravo was between the sticks. 10 points wasted in peps first season and the decision was his alone. These are facts. Nothing to discuss. 

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not biting Todlad.

Wasn't trying to start an argument. What I have seen of Hart over the last year or so is an excellent goalie who can do unfathomable things. We've been spoiled by Heaton and Pope so now we expect current England No 1 status.

48 minutes ago, todlad said:

Wasn't trying to start an argument. What I have seen of Hart over the last year or so is an excellent goalie who can do unfathomable things. We've been spoiled by Heaton and Pope so now we expect current England No 1 status.

Don't let the Tedious Troll get to you mate. He was probably replying to someone else and got it wrong (again!):biggrin: And well done last night!

12 hours ago, wilai said:

Don't let the Tedious Troll get to you mate. He was probably replying to someone else and got it wrong (again!):biggrin: And well done last night!

Thanks for the top tip. Will watch out for that.

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Hart's signed for 2 years. Wonder what Heaton and Pope reckon? What's ginger's pecking order if all 3 fit?

Well, if Allisson is worth £70 Mill, Pope might be worth 50, say. There is always someone in need of a decent goalie. Chelsea are lining up Butland as a replacement for Curtois. Would Pope be a better option?

Pope was VERY good last season wasn't he, and after he got in the England WC squad i was expecting someone to come in for him. I just googled him and i actually thought he was a lot younger (Burnley the 8th club he's played for).
Hope he recovers from that shoulder injury soon.

It makes you wonder what’s Hart has been told pre signing. I can’t imagine he has gone there as a knowingly 3rd choice after what he’s was saying in his interview last week and aspirations of playing for England again. etc. plus he sulked like a big abyss when he was demoted to second choice at West Ham last season. 

I suspect moves are a foot 

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Well that was entertaining....????

Good win, but Cardiff are terrible. Expect them to go down, probably with Huddersfield and Newcastle. Burnley staying up ????

Burnley won't go down. They have got Europe out of their system now.

Look for Southampton to go down. They were lucky to stay up last season and Mark Hughes has got them playing like Stoke before they sacked him. Hughes will be sacked before Christmas.

11 minutes ago, champers said:

Look for Southampton to go down. They were lucky to stay up last season and Mark Hughes has got them playing like Stoke before they sacked him. Hughes will be sacked before Christmas.

Fair point that. Who do you think will go down with the Saints?

30 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Well that was entertaining....????

Good win, but Cardiff are terrible. Expect them to go down, probably with Huddersfield and Newcastle. Burnley staying up ????

Cardiff and Huddersfield are my two bankers. 

I think the 3rd place is up for grabs. 

Just now, champers said:

Unsure what is happening at the saints as for years they have been plucking players from all over and making shed loads of cash and the signings in the last window versus what departed are a concern. 

Lallana 20m

Lovren 20m

Van dijk 75m

Mane 34m

Clyne 12.5m

Lambert lol 4m

They had a strong scouting network always delivering new talents. We need them.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Unsure what is happening at the saints as for years they have been plucking players from all over and making shed loads of cash and the signings in the last window versus what departed are a concern. 

Lallana 20m

Lovren 20m

Van dijk 75m

Mane 34m

Clyne 12.5m

Lambert lol 4m

They had a strong scouting network always delivering new talents. We need them.

My football memory is shaky but after a couple of years of doing well, hasn't Hughes dragged down every team he's managed. He's doing so in double quick time at Soton. Surely, somebody on his backroom team must be able to see the pattern!

Speaking of Burnley, didn't see any of the game and the reports are somewhat mixed: like the Curate's egg. Then again, a win gives us three points so who cares!

Archived