Anyone noticed?

jesimps

The BX price for Bitcoin is 700 usd dollars higher than the Bitstamp and 600 usd up on the Bitfinex price.  It was showing baht equivalent of 17200 usd to Bitstamp's 16500 10 mins ago. It's the first time I've noticed it so I must remember to do a comparison when I sell something to see if the rate is similar. I'm not having a go at them it's just something worth checking.

Anyone looked into it already and would like to comment?

Yes, up until about Dec 1st, BX was 1-4% cheaper than the global average.  Now it's gone the other way and is more expensive than the global average.   CEX.io has the highest buy price of most exchanges, so interesting to compare the THB price to the CEX price.

Try bittrex.com for most up-to-date prices, thats what i use mainly and BX only for cashout. 

Yet it's entirely normal in crypto to have spreads between different exchanges. You can even profit from it if you know what you are doing. However in this case, BX is Thailand, this is Bitcoin price in Thailand. Yes Bitcoin prices can vary from place to place, supply and demand like anything else ... google up story about Africa bitcoin prices recently (I can't recall which country it was, Kenya or somewhere). 

Standard Crypto disclaimer: This is NOT investment advice - just entertainment!

BX.in.th its price is based on supply and demand. I find Thais to be more emotional when it comes to trading cryptocurrencies. So in a bullmarket (and what a bullmarket it is now!), the price is usually higher than other exchanges. Now on the other hand, when you decide to sell, you will likely get a premium for it as well.

I'd congratulate OP or anyone else who has embraced the world of cryptocurrency, especially they are asking the right questions even if they are N00b ones. There is a lot of misleading info out there and it's not an easy thing to learn ... I can't imagine this forum exactly becoming a shiny example for crypto advice but there you go let's see. One suggestion i can make for anyone getting into this stuff is to get on the Steemit.com social network, alternative also various Telegram communities, to seek out the best information.

Archived