Thai doctor warns "Pass Out Challenge" can kill

Jonathan Fairfield

Thai doctor warns "Pass Out Challenge" can kill

a.png

Image: Voice TV

A Thai doctor has warned that a game craze practiced by pre-teens around the world called Pass Out Challenge can cause cardiac arrest and death.

The game - that has actually been around for perhaps a dozen years -  involves pressing against the chest to make someone pass out.

It is also known as Fainting Game, Space Cowboy or Choking Game.

The craze has reached Thailand but Dr Somsak Akkasin has warned it could be fatal.

The heart and brain can be deprived of blood and thus oxygen that can lead to death.

The game apparently produces a euphoric high in some people most of whom quickly recover their senses.

The doctor said that if anyone fails to come round from such activity they should be laid flat and if that does not make them recover consciousness immediately then CPR should be done without delay. 

Source: https://www.voicetv.co.th/read/BknbF80Wf

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-13

Reminds of a equally stupid pre-teen trendy game a few years back ..it consisted in putting a transparent plastic bag on the head to feel dizzy before passing out !!

Parents and schools would really need to continously educate their sibblings and students on such stupid hazardous actions to avoid.

13 minutes ago, tonray said:

Kids are definitely getting stupider as the years go by. My cousin in America was telling about kids in her teen's school who hung themselves by the neck while masturbating as it apparently enhances the experience....stupid morons

Now that's a member or parliament game in UK!!

8 hours ago, tonray said:

Kids are definitely getting stupider as the years go by. My cousin in America was telling about kids in her teen's school who hung themselves by the neck while masturbating as it apparently enhances the experience....stupid morons

That's what did David Carradine in, over in the Swissôtel in Wittayu. 

The Pass Out Game was around when I was a kid in the 60s.  I never had much interest, especially after watching some gal go into convulsions after being 'passed out.'  After that incident, the group of guys and gals I hung out with turned to Spin The Bottle which in my humble opinion was much more fun. 
But if I was to gauge which is more dangerous, the Pass Out Game or driving a motorcycle on Thai roads, I have to say that the latter is magnitudes more dangerous. 

14 hours ago, tonray said:

Auto-erotic asphyxiation!  Talk to David Carradine about that.  Opps!  Can't anymore. What people do for thrills!  Living on the knife-edge of life and death can be a rush.  Just ask base-jumpers and wing-suit flyers.

2 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

When i was young we also tried to get a "rush".

Like ringing a doorbell and running away, or, if you were a daredevil, you would stand there till they opened and said something like " i can run really fast, see ... " and then run away.

Flaming bags of dog poop on the doorstep?  But come the holiday season, Krampus will know!!!
Krampus_and_Santa_Claus.jpg.d50bbbd264b837a9cdb538722f221d91.jpg

18 hours ago, Black arab said:

Recently ive seen a number of thai children playing with palstic bags on their heads parents not taking any notice

Thank God for the Process of Natural Selection.  natural selection n. The process in nature by which, according to Darwin's theory of evolution, only the organisms best adapted to their environment tend to survive and transmit their genetic characters in increasing numbers to succeeding generations while those less adapted tend to be eliminated.

7 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Like ringing a doorbell and running away, or, if you were a daredevil, you would stand there till they opened and said something like " i can run really fast, see ... " and then run away.

We did a variation on that in Newark, NJ.  We would shit in a brown paper bag leave it at the front door, douse it with lighter fluid, light it on fire.  Then, ring the bell and run away.  seemed like a good idea at the time.

14 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

We had a more “recreational medicinal” approach to getting a “rush” when I was young. 

Archived