Arrest of Hells Angels drugs suspect highlights leading problem facing Pattaya

webfact

16 hours ago, mikebell said:

The leading problem the law-abiding citizens of Pattaya face is the lack of an honest police force.

Not sure it's the "leading problem", but then again, maybe it's a chicken vs egg thing.  Is it the lack of an honest police force, or nobody having any expectation of, let alone demand for, an honest police force?   And why any lack of expectation or demand?  Cultural factors maybe?  That ever-present "face" thing?  Attitudes of acceptance?  (You know, all those things grizzled expats say foreigners are supposed to respect and appreciate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or go home?)

Anyway.  Drugs?  Hell's Angels?   Crime?  Certainly no surprises there.

15 hours ago, hobz said:

I bet more lives are ruined by drunk driving and reckless driving than drugs and other crime combined in pattaya. just saying.

A pet peeve of mine, though I think these 2 should fry. Meth is no joke from what I've seen. Never had a desire to try. Weed is my drug of choice over alcohol. They don't want us to have it bc it's actually beneficial in many ways.

19 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Most of the rubbish washes up in Thailand for the simple reason it can thrive without interference.

Or to be more precise ... there is interference, but it can be bought, and will henceforth disinterfere :biggrin:

Cannot clean up such a place as long as it remains such an entertainment draw with rampant nightlife and sex available everywhere, not to mention a corrupt police farce. Dream on! And the place will always attract the internal and international lowlife because of this.

Archived