"Gang of Four" top end hotel thieves arrested in Bangkok

webfact

Fingerprinting and facial photograph of all visitors should be all required to end all of this “change name” and re-enter rubbish. Also better coordination with major countries, US, UK, etc.

Most of the scum causing problems here already have convictions for anti-social behaviors, crimes, and hooliganism and should be banned from Thailand.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Fingerprinting and facial photograph of all visitors should be all required to end all of this “change name” and re-enter rubbish. Also better coordination with major countries, US, UK, etc.

Most of the scum causing problems here already have convictions for anti-social behaviors, crimes, and hooliganism and should be banned from Thailand.

Yes, and then the crooks would just enter through the porous borders of Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.

If the implement your ideas at the airport, although good in theory, I can only imagine the chaos with queues. It would simply be a nightmare.

Other countries that do take fingerprinting have a lot fewer visitors passing through immigration.

Rubbish. Japan and Korea has fingerprinting and record tourist arrivals recently. This could also be done at Thai air/land borders. There would be no chaos. People who can afford an airline ticket from the US/UK can afford to buy a new one whilst held to remand in IDC/airport detention. Listen, I am American. One cannot even enter Canada if one has a conviction for drink driving (I don't) . America does not allow Yakuza even if they have not been convicted, they are on a list. Better international information sharing is the norm, Thailand is behind the times.

Thailand does not need street brawlers, soccer hooligans, drug users/dealers, biker gang farangs, scammers, pimps, extortionists, and crims. A quick review of home country conviction history is in order before granting entry or visa extension.

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Whenever I stay at high-end hotels in Bangkok in the price range of 3,000-4,000 baht a night, all the lifts and corridors have security cameras that actually WORK!

Sure, but how does that prevent this kind of theft? Remember, they had a room in these hotels, it's not like they had to sneak past the reception...

I guess the cam footage was helpful in identifying them, and making them confess. 

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

Yes, and then the crooks would just enter through the porous borders of Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar.

If the implement your ideas at the airport, although good in theory, I can only imagine the chaos with queues. It would simply be a nightmare.

Other countries that do take fingerprinting have a lot fewer visitors passing through immigration.

build a wall !!!! 

7 hours ago, ebean001 said:

A room is robbed. Who had adjacent or nearby rooms. Standard procedure. A room is robbed. Who had adjacent or nearby rooms. Hummmm. It sure would not take long unless they had fake IDs.

Also, it sure looks like the women turned on the guys in order to get a lighter sentence.  

Stupid to commit crimes with another person(s)...especially women. The women will get off easy because they turned in the guys while the men will have a very miserable life in front of them.

I don't know how miserable it will be because the one guy already did seven years in a Thai prison.....so it cannot be that bad, to him. And he obviously thinks Thailand is easy pickings because he returned to commit more crimes, even after being deported. One wonders how their home countries react when somebody has been returned in this way, and I believe his country was Iran.

1 hour ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Rubbish. Japan and Korea has fingerprinting and record tourist arrivals recently. This could also be done at Thai air/land borders. There would be no chaos. People who can afford an airline ticket from the US/UK can afford to buy a new one whilst held to remand in IDC/airport detention. Listen, I am American. One cannot even enter Canada if one has a conviction for drink driving (I don't) . America does not allow Yakuza even if they have not been convicted, they are on a list. Better international information sharing is the norm, Thailand is behind the times.

Thailand does not need street brawlers, soccer hooligans, drug users/dealers, biker gang farangs, scammers, pimps, extortionists, and crims. A quick review of home country conviction history is in order before granting entry or visa extension.

You mean it doesn't need to be like the USA?

59 minutes ago, Sapporillo said:

Sure, but how does that prevent this kind of theft? Remember, they had a room in these hotels, it's not like they had to sneak past the reception...

I guess the cam footage was helpful in identifying them, and making them confess. 

Well, sure it's useful.

If they have burgled the room adjacent or nearby bearing in mind the removed wall or floor safes and took them to their own rooms, it would show on the landing cameras of each floor.

Caption time, folks!

"Do I hear 50,000 baht from the back for this wonderful collection of designer clothes and accoutrements?"

3pm.jpg.d3eebf2ce37ce2bb87ff04e1b8ced818.jpg&key=6a4fd034674bcdd6d77c1cde73f382face2c4aa9187630fff2c53fe89647304e
"Who the hell put up these press boards up why didn't they use a sprit level "

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Good to see these tourists using the safe in the room as recommended.

Disappointing to see the safes installed in these 'top end' hotels can be readily opened by a couple of Filipino women on 1000bt/day.

You can open 1 with a potato

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Basil B said:

A bit insulting classing all foreigners the same...

Suppose the important thing to the writer of the story was the offenders were not Thai. 

Well, not sure how else to report it.  But it does feed the xenophobe narrative.  And Iran, like other thugocracies, doesn't spend much time worrying about its global image.

12 hours ago, mrfill said:

Good to see these tourists using the safe in the room as recommended.

Disappointing to see the safes installed in these 'top end' hotels can be readily opened by a couple of Filipino women on 1000bt/day.

Well I was wondering how a top end hotel never noticed rooms being broken into, safes being removed and then opened .... what quiet tools were they using... or low end safes?

Seven yrs in Thai prison released and came back in under different name. I think it is time that all visitors are finger printed. And each time they leave or return the finger prints are computer matched. And come out  in the name of the true match. This would pick out the false passports. It is obvious  that their prints would or should be in the computer, so the computer would do the matching automatically, like in the USA. 

It would not take long to get a match against persons that were arrested, spent time in prison or deported.

13 hours ago, juice777 said:

That model of safe has been around for decades...

They appear to be made in China and have been badged by many  many companies, I have bought and sold a few, recall buying them for less than £10 quid from Macro many years ago. 

Very flimsy mechanism that can be bumped.

Ideal hotel safes lock mechanism should be a motorised action not a low power solenoid. 

Plenty of them on the market, just they are more expensive than a cheap one.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 3:21 PM, wvavin said:

A press conference in any country around the world is not done this way. What are those blokes behind doing? Just to have their silly faces taken so others would know they are involved and to gain credit? They just look so stupid to me!

Maybe the rest of the world, as you put it (I'm sure to claim it you must know), is not doing it correctly.

22 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Offenders are usually unnecessarily paraded before the cameras for most other crimes but for this crime where mug shots might be a great help in preventing them  getting away with it again in the future, they are not shown....... Typically Thai!

It's not a matter of "typically Thai", those accused have the right not to be ID'd at that stage. 

22 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Whenever I stay at high-end hotels in Bangkok in the price range of 3,000-4,000 baht a night, all the lifts and corridors have security cameras that actually WORK!

The thieves were arrested; what makes you think that the cameras in the hotels that this lot robbed didn't work?

22 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Fingerprinting every visitor at Immigration...that would really ease the process, eh?  Do they do that in your country or is it something that you advocate only for Thailand?

Archived