"Gang of Four" top end hotel thieves arrested in Bangkok

webfact

19 hours ago, cracker1 said:

Most of the Bangkok 4 star hotels I stay in have security cameras monitoring the reception, stairs and passageways and elevators.

Perhaps the hotel security staff and management should monitor the security staff more closely ?

Why?  Do you think that the perpetrators weren't caught?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Rubbish. Japan and Korea has fingerprinting and record tourist arrivals recently. This could also be done at Thai air/land borders. There would be no chaos. People who can afford an airline ticket from the US/UK can afford to buy a new one whilst held to remand in IDC/airport detention. Listen, I am American. One cannot even enter Canada if one has a conviction for drink driving (I don't) . America does not allow Yakuza even if they have not been convicted, they are on a list. Better international information sharing is the norm, Thailand is behind the times.

Thailand does not need street brawlers, soccer hooligans, drug users/dealers, biker gang farangs, scammers, pimps, extortionists, and crims. A quick review of home country conviction history is in order before granting entry or visa extension.

You're assuming that Thai Immigration counter officers have access to, for example, the UK or the US's criminal databases?  Are you serious?

You're also comparing those crossing the US/Canadian borders with visitors from multiple countries with no connection to Thailand crossing Thailand's borders.  Apples and oranges, don't you think?

6 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You're assuming that Thai Immigration counter officers have access to, for example, the UK or the US's criminal databases?  Are you serious?

You're also comparing those crossing the US/Canadian borders with visitors from multiple countries with no connection to Thailand crossing Thailand's borders.  Apples and oranges, don't you think?

The last 8 ( Sorry - 9!) posts on this thread alone? At a bit of a loose end today? Or just honing your keyboard skills for the weekend?

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Fingerprinting every visitor at Immigration...that would really ease the process, eh?  Do they do that in your country or is it something that you advocate only for Thailand?

Yes, every none EU visitor to the UK has to have there bio-metrics taken, normally while applying for a visa.

3 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Yes, every none EU visitor to the UK has to have there bio-metrics taken, normally while applying for a visa.

Yep,

But that doesn't solve the problem of all the crooks, murderers, thieves etc from Romania, Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic and everywhere else in the EU.

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The thieves were arrested; what makes you think that the cameras in the hotels that this lot robbed didn't work?

Well, they certainly took their time apprehending them if the below sentence is correct!

quote:

"They are believed to have hit at least five hotels in Thong Lor, Hua Mak, Phaya Thai, Pattaya and Don Hua Lor, Chonburi."

Furthermore, if the landing corridor cameras were functioning, it should have been fairly simple to catch them in the act if the cameras were monitored and working; bearing in mind they broke into a room, removed the safe and carried it back to their room, then removed the contents.

Who was responsible for monitoring the hotel cameras?

18 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Well, they certainly took their time apprehending them if the below sentence is correct!

quote:

"They are believed to have hit at least five hotels in Thong Lor, Hua Mak, Phaya Thai, Pattaya and Don Hua Lor, Chonburi."

Furthermore, if the landing corridor cameras were functioning, it should have been fairly simple to catch them in the act if the cameras were monitored and working; bearing in mind they broke into a room, removed the safe and carried it back to their room, then removed the contents.

Who was responsible for monitoring the hotel cameras?

Nothing suggests that the cameras weren't working then, just your speculation, regardless of the fact that the thieves were caught.  

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

So is that "fingerprinting every visitor at Immigration"?  I think not.

Finger prints are taken at UK Ports of Entry. two fingers to match bio-metrics that would have been taken when applying for a visa, I am not sure but I think I heard that those from some Commonwealth countries that do not need visas get them taken on arrival in UK. 

Finger prints are electronically scanned these days, ink pads no longer used.

http://www.statewatch.org/news/2009/nov/uk-entering-fingerprints.pdf

Archived