MSF estimates more than 6,700 Rohingya killed in Myanmar

webfact

MSF estimates more than 6,700 Rohingya killed in Myanmar

At least 6,700 Rohingya were killed in the month after violence broke out in Myanmar in August, Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) says.

Based on surveys of refugees in Bangladesh, the number is much higher than Myanmar's official figure of 400.

MSF said it was "the clearest indication yet of the widespread violence" by Myanmar authorities.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-42348214

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-12-14

I just heard that even China agrees with Burma and its treatment of these people,

maybe they are not the innocent people that they claim to be?

just my opinion of course, but  I do believe there are groups of

Rohingyan rebels that were attacking the Burmese military.

Geezer

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

How come no-one, even adjacent muslim countries, wants to resettle these people ? 

The only adjacent Muslin country is Bangladesh.  One of the poorest countries on earth.  They barely have the resources to take care of their own people, much less this massive influx of refugees.

Time for Myanmar to do the right thing.  Take care of all their people. Not just the chosen ones.

Research how many refugees are currently in Thailand due to persecution by the Myanmar army.  Horrible.  And none are Muslim.

7 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

The only adjacent Muslin country is Bangladesh.

Muslim majority yes but there are close to 200million Muslims in India, 20million in China and a further 4million in Thailand then not much more than a couple of days sailing away there is the most populous Muslim country on the planet, Indonesia, but none are putting out the welcome mat.

10 hours ago, Mahseer said:

Muslim majority yes but there are close to 200million Muslims in India, 20million in China and a further 4million in Thailand then not much more than a couple of days sailing away there is the most populous Muslim country on the planet, Indonesia, but none are putting out the welcome mat.

Well put!!!!  Horrible situation.  And the global community is doing little about it.

On 12/15/2017 at 12:28 PM, digger70 said:

Look up  Rohingya Early History  it goes back too 1799

I doubt that you ever have done that.

ONE mention by Buchanan in 1799. He never used the word 'Rooinga' again in his works and the British government, between 1826 and 1948 never ever used it. There censuses go int quite a lot of detail describing races, numbers, languages and religions. It is thought that the word refers quite simply to one of the various name for the Arakan or Rakhine state. 

On 12/16/2017 at 6:48 AM, craigt3365 said:

Well put!!!!  Horrible situation.  And the global community is doing little about it.

The 'Rohingyas' are the victims of a power struggle for control of the Burmese oil supplying to China and not the West, and the Chinese 'One Belt One Road' project', both of which are centred on the Rakhine. It didn't work (for now although the refugee camps will become terrorist indoctrination centres just as they have in the Middle East) and they have been discarded. ISIS is definitely present in the camps.

Burma pipeline.jpg

OBOR.png

1 hour ago, cooked said:

I doubt that you ever have done that.

ONE mention by Buchanan in 1799. He never used the word 'Rooinga' again in his works and the British government, between 1826 and 1948 never ever used it. There censuses go int quite a lot of detail describing races, numbers, languages and religions. It is thought that the word refers quite simply to one of the various name for the Arakan or Rakhine state. 

You are asking when the first time a Westerner mentioned the word 'Rooinga'?  That's a term made up.  These people have been there for a very long time.  I'm native American Indian.  Guaranteed, the US government doesn't know the history of our people.  Since many were wiped out, that will never be known.  But to rely on Western knowledge for that might not be the best option.

The Arakan Kingdom was in that area for a very long time.

1 hour ago, cooked said:

The 'Rohingyas' are the victims of a power struggle for control of the Burmese oil supplying to China and not the West, and the Chinese 'One Belt One Road' project', both of which are centred on the Rakhine. It didn't work (for now although the refugee camps will become terrorist indoctrination centres just as they have in the Middle East) and they have been discarded. ISIS is definitely present in the camps.

Burma pipeline.jpg

OBOR.png

That's an interesting proposal.  But the same situation happened when they were building Dawei.  Locals got in they way.  But!  They were paid a bit of money and told to move on.  Hundreds of thousands were not displaced and/or killed.

This is purely a genocide on the part of the Buddhist aligned military there.

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

That's an interesting proposal.  But the same situation happened when they were building Dawei.  Locals got in they way.  But!  They were paid a bit of money and told to move on.  Hundreds of thousands were not displaced and/or killed.

This is purely a genocide on the part of the Buddhist aligned military there.

The biggest terrorist attack of the century took place in the Rakhine on the day that Kofi Annan's committee was to present its proposals for bringing a solution to the accursed place. The Burmese didn't drive them out because the wanted the place back, but because the 'Rohingyans', not for the first time, along with their jihaddist friends in Saudi and Pakistan that financed and trained ARSA decided that it was now or never. Soros has also been throwing money at the place. These are documented facts. 500 000+ refugees left the Chittagong after they took the wrong side in the Indian/Pakistan war, when over two million Hindus were killed in Bangladesh (by Muslims). They, like Muslims everywhere, do not have the intention of integrating into Burmese society and far from being a minority, were a majority in the Rakhine (still are). They are bullies, thieves and rapists, which makes me an Islamophobe of course, or maybe I have alternative news sources from you.

May I remind you that it isn't only the Buddhists that despise these people but also the Bangladeshi Hindus and other minorities in the region, none of them want them back. Other Muslim groups in Burma aren't happy about it either.

Stating that my sources are Western and therefore invalid is pure BS, there aren't any Burmese sources for the word either. Other Muslim groups in Burma are not discriminated against (there have been incidents, but no general "genocide" as you call it).

Meanwhile we'll just let the Chittagonians carry on persecuting non-Muslim minorities in land which isn't theirs either, shall we?https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2013/06/bangladesh-indigenous-peoples-engulfed-chittagong-hill-tracts-land-conflict/

It's what they DO.

Bengalese refugees.jpg

5 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Interesting post until you tried to tie in Soros in a negative manner.  Do a google search.  It only shows up on fake news and conspiracy theory websites.

It is documented. He doesn't want Burmese oil and gas not going to the West. I just did a search and I suppose that any website that presents another point of view from yours MUST be a false news website. 

The truth about Burma is NOT being reported by the MSM. After scratching my head for a year or two about what was happening, really, in Syria, I got a hold of what is happening in Burma about two days after August 25th. 

So you're going to dismiss my entire post because I don't like Soros? 

Same as you dismiss Western historic sources? 

8 minutes ago, cooked said:

It is documented. He doesn't want Burmese oil and gas not going to the West. I just did a search and I suppose that any website that presents another point of view from yours MUST be a false news website. 

The truth about Burma is NOT being reported by the MSM. After scratching my head for a year or two about what was happening, really, in Syria, I got a hold of what is happening in Burma about two days after August 25th. 

So you're going to dismiss my entire post because I don't like Soros? 

Same as you dismiss Western historic sources? 

Please post a credible link.

Don't say it's not reported by the MSM.  Please.

13 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

You are asking when the first time a Westerner mentioned the word 'Rooinga'?  That's a term made up.  These people have been there for a very long time.  I'm native American Indian.  Guaranteed, the US government doesn't know the history of our people.  Since many were wiped out, that will never be known.  But to rely on Western knowledge for that might not be the best option.

The Arakan Kingdom was in that area for a very long time.

It's a nice story isn't it? The noble native living in harmony with his neighbours and nature until wiped out by the evil invader.

Except that's not really how it was is it? For instance; the Cherokee on the trail of tears. What was an Iroquois speaking people doing there? It's not as if they peacefully migrated and integrated into the local population. How did the French and British get the natives to fight each other by promising the land? And what happened to the mound builders? Let's not forget that one of Mexico's reason for originally allowing Texans to settle was to act as a buffer against Plains Indians raids.

Speaking of the plains; why aren't there more trees? Oh yeah, the natives 'shaped' the land for more bison. Weren't the native horses, amongst other animals, eaten to extinction? 

Finally if we're to believe the numbers of natives killed by the foreigners, where did they all live? How could they with such crude farming techniques and mostly hunter/gatherer society reach those astounding population numbers? But assuming that the numbers are correct; the vast majority of those who perished were not as a result of genocide but rather their own poor immune systems. If the invaders are responsible for that then the Middle East/Asia is responsible for the genocides during the plague of Justinian and the Black Death.

And BTW if you read about the Arakan Kingdom you'll see it was a Buddhist nation that was a vassal to Bangladesh. Not a Muslim majority area.

1 hour ago, dave_boo said:

It's a nice story isn't it? The noble native living in harmony with his neighbours and nature until wiped out by the evil invader.

Except that's not really how it was is it? For instance; the Cherokee on the trail of tears. What was an Iroquois speaking people doing there? It's not as if they peacefully migrated and integrated into the local population. How did the French and British get the natives to fight each other by promising the land? And what happened to the mound builders? Let's not forget that one of Mexico's reason for originally allowing Texans to settle was to act as a buffer against Plains Indians raids.

Speaking of the plains; why aren't there more trees? Oh yeah, the natives 'shaped' the land for more bison. Weren't the native horses, amongst other animals, eaten to extinction? 

Finally if we're to believe the numbers of natives killed by the foreigners, where did they all live? How could they with such crude farming techniques and mostly hunter/gatherer society reach those astounding population numbers? But assuming that the numbers are correct; the vast majority of those who perished were not as a result of genocide but rather their own poor immune systems. If the invaders are responsible for that then the Middle East/Asia is responsible for the genocides during the plague of Justinian and the Black Death.

And BTW if you read about the Arakan Kingdom you'll see it was a Buddhist nation that was a vassal to Bangladesh. Not a Muslim majority area.

Please, don't get into the trail of tears.  My ancestors went through that and I'll know more about it than you ever will.  Having heard the tales from my great grandparents.  Who now live in Oklahoma.

Let's stick to Myanmar.  And the ongoing genocide there.

Archived