Maximum handicap

tgeezer

The governing body for golf in the UK has doubled the number of shots during play of one hole, after which a player should abandon the hole, from two to four. They have decreased the number of holes to constitute a round from eighteen to nine in the hope that slow rounds will still be no more than four hours!

What a joke.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

46 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

I got it in an email from my club in UK. Look at the GONGU website it will be there.

8 hours ago, tgeezer said:

The governing body for golf in the UK

is not Congu - they manage the handicap system usually used in the UK and by a few societies in Thailand. The majority seem to use the USGA system.

If you re-read your OP again I think you will see it is very confusing to most golfers unless you already know the Congu changes :smile:

I didn't want to write The Council of National Golf Unions, they govern the running of club golf, comps, handicaps, adjustments CSS etc.

I thought it would be of interest but I suppose I didn't realize that most golfers here don't play in the UK !

The Rules of Golf are also due to be amended to make golf easier which I suppose won't worry anybody in Thailand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect