275 members have voted

1. 1. Final Round for POTY, 2017

• Transam
    • Colinneil
    • Baboon
    • Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

Here is the final round for the POTY, 2017.   Vote for your favorite candidate.   Only posters who were members before December 6, 2017, will be allowed to vote.  New sign ups will be disqualified and their vote removed.   

It is obvious by the many votes for member dave2 that he is the strongest contender.  Since he has passed away, we will remove him from the vote and he will be given the honorary POTY title.  

The top 3 vote getters from each poll is in the final round.  Please be aware that once you vote, you cannot change your vote.   In previous versions of the software it was possible but no longer.  

Best of luck to all our contestants.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Some good candidates on that list and one great one. But ladies and gentlemen, ask yourselves who YOU would trust when that phone rings at 2AM with a global emergency...?

Definitely not the summit of human thought ......

I can picture the scene across the country now.

Thousands of TVF memebers sitting down to their first coffee of the morning and browsing this topic, mulling over who to vote for....

Votes should start flooding in soon :smile:

8 minutes ago, baboon said:

Some good candidates on that list and one great one. But ladies and gentlemen, ask yourselves who YOU would trust when that phone rings at 2AM with a global emergency...?

Not me, I would be sleeping it off....smiley-drinking-beer.gif.ce1ce35dd3f0758adce3df3bdee6d339.gif

Thanks Scott for fixing the moral dilemma in the voting. Hopefully now we have a level playing field for the Thai Visa hunger games.

However it would be nice to know the deadline for voting in advance; for those of us who wish to antagonize the voters with the carrot of a vote, but don't wish to go home with carrot still in hand.

Edited by canuckamuck

2 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Voters have to ask themselves, should such a prominent and consistent Thai basher be voted POTY, perhaps only on Farang Visa Forum..

This man has bashed his own Bishop, ladies and gentlemen. Please pay him no heed.

18 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Thanks Scott for fixing the moral dilemma in the voting. Hopefully now we have a level playing field for the Thai Visa hunger games.

However it would be nice to know the deadline for voting in advance; for those of us who wish to antagonize the voters with the carrot of a vote, but don't wish to go home with carrot still in hand.

I would think we can let it run until December 30, unless someone has a better idea.  

1 minute ago, transam said:

Oddly enough, and absolutely true, my beloved cat has gone missing, 5 days now, l fear the worse....sad-face.gif.f7a271f93cd1356a705312c618d3b2dc.gif

My thoughts are with you (and the cat).   I have two cats and I fret a great deal about them.   

7 minutes ago, Scott said:

I would think we can let it run until December 30, unless someone has a better idea.  

Declare me the winner now and do the other candidates the service of preventing them making fools of themselves? 

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Declare me the winner now and do the other candidates the service of preventing them making fools of themselves? 

Why would I do that?   Did you not think we want to see who makes a fool of themselves?

2 minutes ago, Scott said:

Why would I do that?   Did you not think we want to see who makes a fool of themselves?

I just worry about the other candidates using dirty tactics and snide comments to win. That is the kind of people they are...