Airbag factory workers demand higher bonus

rooster59

Airbag factory workers demand higher bonus

By The Nation

About 800 workers at an airbag manufacturing plant in Prachin Buri staged a sit-in protest inside their factory on Saturday morning to demand a higher year-end bonus.

Workers of the Saha Seiren company started the protest at 8.30am in response to a notice placed on the company notice board on Thursday that the yearly bonus would be at the rate of 2.6 months’ pay.

The protesters demanded a bonus of 3.1 months’ pay, which they received last year, or at least 3 months.

At 10am, troops and police were dispatched to keep security at the factory after the workers’ representatives were allowed to meet executives at 9am to discuss the demand.

At 11.50am, the representatives came out from the meeting room to announce that the company insisted it would pay only the 2.6-month rate, but would pay it two days sooner on December 23.

As a result, the workers continued the protest in the afternoon while their union representatives planned another meeting with the management.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30334111

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-16

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

the company insisted it would pay only the 2.6-month rate, but would pay it two days sooner on December 23. 

Maybe a basic course "negotiations" would be in order for the company management.

The workers want more money, so why not propose a way that benefits both parties? For example; 2.6-months pay now and another 0.5-months pay in 6 months given you still work here.

That way they get their money and the company has less turnover. Win-win.

I can think of better plans of the top of my head but won't share them till they pay me consultancy fees.

Archived