All The Beer Gardens Have Been Declared Illegal – Again

webfact

Slightly off topic, but I will share my gripe anyway.

The good lady sat down at a kerbside noodle shop earlier for her daily noodle fix.....

We had had a busy day and Both needed a break and some refreshment.

I decided I fancied a cold beer , which they did not sell, so I toddled off around the corner where I knew there was a 7/11.

my watch said 1.58pm.

got the beer to the check out, the time on the till had just ticked to 2.00pm.......

Yep you guesssed it....."sorry cannot sell now".........

the boy even said it with a smirk.....I know what I felt like doing, but I laughed loudly and sarcasticaly, and left.....

God was I wazzed off......

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Same old story and new TAT boss.

No smoking, vaping or drinking?

What next? No prostitution?

And the tourists will still come in the millions?

Amazing Thailand for sure!

:jap:

Molluscs, just knee jerk reactions, soon to be forgotten.

Maybe later resurrected - No sitting in the back of picks up as an example?

2 hours ago, imaderbyfan said:

Slightly off topic, but I will share my gripe anyway.

The good lady sat down at a kerbside noodle shop earlier for her daily noodle fix.....

We had had a busy day and Both needed a break and some refreshment.

I decided I fancied a cold beer , which they did not sell, so I toddled off around the corner where I knew there was a 7/11.

my watch said 1.58pm.

got the beer to the check out, the time on the till had just ticked to 2.00pm.......

Yep you guesssed it....."sorry cannot sell now".........

the boy even said it with a smirk.....I know what I felt like doing, but I laughed loudly and sarcasticaly, and left.....

God was I wazzed off......

Just down the road, at the Mom n Pop shop, I carted off a crate of what ever I wanted.....

Was cold, in the fridge, cost a baht or two more.... but worth it.

Laws...

What Laws????

3 minutes ago, laislica said:

Just down the road, at the Mom n Pop shop, I carted off a crate of what ever I wanted.....

Laws...

What Laws????

Electronic till could get the staff sacked, and noodle stalls don't usually have a liquor licence. Just bad timing. The staff likely thought of your misfortune like slipping on a banana skin.

You were right to laugh it off and go down the road.

It is an old law resurrected by Toxin.

Lots of silly laws, but little enforcement without payment to the BiB.

:burp:

5 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:
19 minutes ago, laislica said:

Laws...

What Laws????

Electronic till could get the staff sacked, and noodle stalls don't usually have a liquor licence. Just bad timing. The staff likely thought of your misfortune like slipping on a banana skin.

You were right to laugh it off and go down the road.

It is an old law resurrected by Toxin.

Lots of silly laws, but little enforcement without payment to the BiB.

Hee hee, glad to see we're on the same page.....
Same again!!

Cheers

EDIT

In certain countries, regular prescription meds can only be obtained monthly, so what to do when you go on holiday?
Get the meds ahead of time and the Pharmacist "Books" it at the appropriate date - for a small fee - of course LOL

What Laws? LOL

I know in the UK there are many towns and cities who have by-laws making drinking outside illegal, tourist towns included.

In Thailand a mall is a popular place for Thai families to visit, so banning the advertising and sale of booze at such places could be viewed as protecting children.

Hee hee, glad to see we're on the same page.....
Same again!!

Cheers

EDIT

In certain countries, regular prescription meds can only be obtained monthly, so what to do when you go on holiday?
Get the meds ahead of time and the Pharmacist "Books" it at the appropriate date - for a small fee - of course LOL

What Laws? LOL

Regular meds on prescription:

If you have the box just take it to a pharmacist and you will usually get what you want without any problem (not Boots).

The clinics can issue prescriptions so if you need one just go to one and explain what you take and why. All qualified doctors in Thailand can speak English.

If you are going away on holiday most doctors (UK for sure) will give you a double prescription, but if you have to pay the charge it is likely to cost less buying here.

Depends on what you need.

:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, champers said:

I know in the UK there are many towns and cities who have by-laws making drinking outside illegal, tourist towns included.

In Thailand a mall is a popular place for Thai families to visit, so banning the advertising and sale of booze at such places could be viewed as protecting children.

Not accurate:

Drinking in the street or outside of a licensed premises area is banned by many UK local councils.

In the US the brown bag is the normal compromise...

Protecting children excuse is just more nanny nonsense.

:drunk:

3 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Regular meds on prescription:

If you have the box just take it to a pharmacist and you will usually get what you want without any problem (not Boots).

The clinics can issue prescriptions so if you need one just go to one and explain what you take and why. All qualified doctors in Thailand can speak English.

If you are going away on holiday most doctors (UK for sure) will give you a double prescription, but if you have to pay the charge it is likely to cost less buying here.

Depends on what you need.

:thumbsup:

So when these meds cost about €2.0 per day and, Ah, I see you talk about the UK, I talk about some countries.....
Hmmmm

BTW, it is not possible to buy all drugs in Thailand.

Depending what you need, some are illegal in Thailand.

If I need Tramadol (an opioid) where do you suggest I: Just buy them?

There are many others impossible to even possess in Thailand.
See recent news, an e-cig and fluid might send you to prison for simple possession.....

Fun in it?

10 hours ago, smedly said:

who creates these various agencies who are a total waste of time and money.

Money and effort that could be spent on worthwhile cause like road safety and combatting corruption

time for these useless agencies to be dismantled, in any developed country they are nothing more than crackpot voluntary activists who don't know how to enjoy themselves 

finally first sensible answer

2 minutes ago, laislica said:

So when these meds cost about €2.0 per day and, Ah, I see you talk about the UK, I talk about some countries.....
Hmmmm

See recent news, an e-cig and fluid might send you to prison for simple possession.....

Fun in it?

Yes, you might find it difficult to get any opiate derived drugs here without a prescription, just go to a clinic and explain.

I take a steroid for asthma and that can be difficult too sometimes. Clinics are cheap, and will give you a prescription if you show you what you are taking on a regular basis.

E-cig nonsense is another protection law invented and imposed by TTM money.

2 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:
17 minutes ago, laislica said:

Hmmmm

Fun in it?

Yes, you might find it difficult to get any opiate derived drugs here without a prescription, just go to a clinic and explain.

I take a steroid for asthma and that can be difficult too sometimes. Clinics are cheap, and will give you a prescription if you show you what you are taking on a regular basis.

Got it

3 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Hmmmm

Fun in it?

OK I think I got it.

When it's easy, it's easy.

Otherwise try to talk a Thai to give you some illegal drugs.

Then it's easy?

1 minute ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Lost me???

If you are talking prescription drugs it is possible.

Weed or meth etc is not the same deal......

Off to bed now.

Zzzzz

Tramadol - illegal - got it?

You lost me with your weed/meth...

Just what planet do these people come from ?? They keep saying tourism is the single biggest earner in Thailand but yet they continue to deny people from other countries the same kind of hospitality they enjoy in their own country. NEVER BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU Thailand !!!!!!

17 hours ago, bangkok blue said:

What the actual <deleted> is going on????!?!!?!?!?!?!? First E-cigarettes now beer gardens!!!!! Who the flying fig comes up with these ludicrous ideas and orders?!?!?!?!??????

Me think that the government is on something,., Illegal ,,,that makes them ,,,Hallucinate ,,,,they are ready for the Loony bin

17 hours ago, CLW said:

What else they are doing than showing the logo or theme of each brewery at the beer gardens. They not even advertise about the prices for beer etc...

If they are that strict what about any other advertising or sponsoring from brewery companies.
I think there are much more urgent problems for the anti alcohol minister than some temporary beer garden.
How about the amounts of hard alcohol and cheap lao khao that are consumed every day.
He should better take care of this issue.

And what about those huge, huge billboard signs along the highways advertising Chang and Leo ?

One of them is showing a picture of young people in a car singing and laughing along. The driver doesn't seem to focus on the road. As if they want to encourage people to drink and have fun while riding in a car. Silly ad but no complains from the minister.

18 hours ago, bangkok blue said:

What the actual <deleted> is going on????!?!!?!?!?!?!? First E-cigarettes now beer gardens!!!!! Who the flying fig comes up with these ludicrous ideas and orders?!?!?!?!??????

that is what boredom and lack of work does to thai official nitwits,who any way get selected for not having any common sence or brainactivity 

Archived