Thai man to sue for THB6 million after finding cockroach in food court’s fried egg

webfact

Thai man to sue for THB6 million after finding cockroach in food court’s fried egg

By Coconuts Bangkok 

co.jpg

Photo: Thanapiphat Chaitanatanatat

A Thai man who posted a video on Facebook of a cockroach in his fried egg while eating at Central Chiang Mai Airport’s food court will sue the mall for THB6 million, and hopes that no more Thais will have to eat cockroach-infested food.

Thanapiphat Chaitanatanatat filed a complaint with the Damrongdhama Center in Chiang Mai yesterday and demanded the Office of the Consumer Protection Board to investigate how a cockroach got into his meal on Friday — a garlic pork with rice and fried egg.

“On Friday, I ate at this famous mall in Chiang Mai and found a cockroach after I ate half of the dish. I almost threw up!” he wrote on Facebook.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-man-sue-thb6-million-finding-cockroach-food-courts-fried-egg/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-12-20

ASfter leaving his cockroach farm Thananpipat went to the food court because he was hungry.

Sadly he had not noticed 1 of his roaches was travelling with him, then he had a brain wave, if i leave it on my plate, i can sue and gets lots of lovely money, easier than working.

the food court will win with a counter suit for defamation,

but they'll have to wait 2nd in line, after the Gov't does him in 1st for using the Internet to defame them

the facebook evidence is this young fella's downfall

Wow....I wonder how much I can get for the Roach that just crawled out of my shopping bags from @#$% Market tonight ? I dispatched him before he could scamper under my fridge...maybe I should have kept him alive so he could give a deposition,

It can be good deterrence to have the food contractors shell out huge amounts of money in lawsuits.....but the money should not go to the patrons as it is an open door for abuse and scamming....the money should rather go to a charity or anywhere else, but not in the suing patron's pocket.

No chance 

They wouldn't of even blinked - sh*&t happens

Was in Tesco complex yesterday with wife & lad (Tesco up & all others on ground floor )

We decided to eat at a place that served steaks (franchise ) & low & be hold a old Falang came in (all the way in ) carrying a plastic storage box with handles & vent holes

He proceeded to sit on the bench seat then opened the box to let his dog out ( which began barking ) , that was until he proceeded to fluff up the resteruants pillows so it could sit on them & fed it when the food arrived

NOT ONE of the staff battered an eye lid & the Thais thought how lovely (leave the dogs for the Soi eat outs )

So maybe a few more people should of brought their dog as well - I'm not sure how this would go down in any other Franchise here - But as we now it would breach the health act in the west & probably revoke the Franchisees Lisc.

The mall is now counter suing as they forgot to add in the extra addition to his bill and for defaming the Mall as they only serve real Thai food.

Plus in Thailand they eat and sell grasshoppers, silkworms, scorpions and cockroaches! All full of protein. Yum yum. I'm heading off to the mall now for breaky.

The exact same thing happened to me last sunday at breakfast in a hotel in Chanthaburi.

What's the big deal?

My wife thought differently.

Wife went to show the cockroach to the staff member that served the egg - "I did not prepare the egg" was the answer. End of story.

6.000.000 baht..... 2 days fame on TV..... I just may take a pic next time.

Archived