Non Imm O questions

If you want to convert an SETV to a Non Imm O, based on retirement can this be done at any immigration office in Thailand, or does it have to be converted at Chaengwatthana only ?. Also when the time comes to apply for the first and subsequent extensions, will the extensions have to be applied for in the same office which made the conversion, or can the extension be applied for at any office in Thailand  ?.

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The “conversion” is done at the office that cover your address, if they are authorised to do it. If they aren’t you’ll need to go to chaengwattana.

Any extensions of stay need to be done by your local office.

Many thanks for the reply. My local office is Chiang Khan, Loei district, don't suppose you know if they are authorised please ?.     

31 minutes ago, Putmak said:

Many thanks for the reply. My local office is Chiang Khan, Loei district, don't suppose you know if they are authorised please ?.     

Sorry, I don’t know. It would be best to ask them directly. The goalposts seem to regularly move as far as what offices can and can’t do. As it’s a small office they might send you to one of the larger offices in the region. 

Note that you are not actually converting anything, but applying for a non-immigrant Visa/Entry as a prerequisite to the extension of stay.

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Sorry, I don’t know. It would be best to ask them directly. The goalposts seem to regularly move as far as what offices can and can’t do. As it’s a small office they might send you to one of the larger offices in the region. 

Note that you are not actually converting anything, but applying for a non-immigrant Visa/Entry as a prerequisite to the extension of stay.

Ok, thanks anyway.