Construction bids for high-speed train project in coordination with China to be completed in 2018

webfact

Looks like the boss will get his white elephant chuffa train.

Run by SRT ??? They cannot  even run a bloody airport link but they do know how to collect all their rents.

The SRT have been going backwards for years & when they did get some Farang help on planning for 

maintainence  schedules they just said "cannot be done" & fired them.

SRT is doomed just like the police unless they start again

If the airport link was like KL's to KLIA they had a chance. Build everything on the cheap

17 hours ago, Dave67 said:

You can see most of them have never picked up a shovel in their life. Bidding starts end 2018 so nothing will start until mid 2019 the earliest, good luck with 2021, not a hope

Who's bidding Prayut brother Preecha and the young nephew who's apparently a company director and builder that was ejected from the army to follow in his elders shadows. Show me the money. Cambodian work permits will be given away. Thai won't work it. Hot sun to hard

On 12/21/2017 at 11:41 AM, webfact said:

The project is also meant to be connected with China’s high-speed train system as part of the One Belt, One Road cross-border development programme recently launched by China based on the ancient Silk Road, covering more than 60 countries in Asia, Europe and other continents.

So many silly comments here. Of course the geopolitical implication is the crucial one. I wonder, given that Thailand has been able to stave off most attempts at colonization during its history, whether its finally met its match with China, and if it is not playing directly into her hands. What does this imply for any remaining shreds of democracy left in Thailand?

23 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I appreciate your straight-talking on the subject. So when are you standing for election as PM then!

"next year, after the election" - was a that a pig flying past?

After my comment above (yesterday), now I see my prediction is probably not far off.

From today's article below: "That timeframe makes it highly unlikely that elections will be able to take place in November, as announced earlier by Prayut."

Just call me Mystic Meg - or more likely - Septic Peg.

Any donations for me to further my skills predicting the future would be appreciated....ha ha!

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

After my comment above (yesterday), now I see my prediction is probably not far off.

From today's article below: "That timeframe makes it highly unlikely that elections will be able to take place in November, as announced earlier by Prayut."

Just call me Mystic Meg - or more likely - Septic Peg.

Any donations for me to further my skills predicting the future would be appreciated....ha ha!

Cheers I read that, but I'm of the opinion that P Man will 44 Thailand to an election in November, he has no choice, can't add to that if you know what I mean

Winking.jpg

On 12/22/2017 at 7:57 AM, Dave67 said:

Pisses me off its mainly nonsense and many ruling bodies see high speed railway as a way of joining the first world, China for instance everywhere I worked resembled something out of the industrial revolution 

Newspapers as well, other than tourism Thailand hasn't got much else to shout about so high speed gives them something else. Also the fact this country needs hospitals, schools and safe infrastructure not wasting money for big face and Kudos.

Notice the timing of this and the Japenese system bidding end of next year, after the election. No one will commit to the building anything as the government will change. I doubt they will rely on the "Organic Laws" being followed. The same thing is happening in Malaysia no one will move until after election for the big projects

Two highly corrupt nations

Where I am from we call you all hat and no cowboy. “ pisses you off you say”. Then if true what constructive things are you doing to correct the situation?  Probably nothing. 

Critics have the easiest job in the world and it takes a minimal mind and no guts to criticize big projects. All hat no cowboy. 

2 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Where I am from we call you all hat and no cowboy. “ pisses you off you say”. Then if true what constructive things are you doing to correct the situation?  Probably nothing. 

Critics have the easiest job in the world and it takes a minimal mind and no guts to criticize big projects. All hat no cowboy. 

Why would I have to have to do anything corrective? Yes, I am a critic because I know what I'm talking about laddy. To fair, I have no idea why you've slipped into some kind of incoherent rant about my comments. You sound like you love a bit of cowboy youself

if china were building this project, end of 2018 to 2021

would be miraculous.  thailand doing it, with sections

apportioned via brown-velope lottery?

china recently completed a 350-km section of dual-track

high speed rail, the entire western side of hainan island. 

true high speed running at 250-300 km/h.

construction took just under three years to build through

a relatively lightly populated area with unlimited government

financial and legal support.

heavily subsidized tickets for a 100-km section will

cost about 28 rmb (2nd class)....or about 140 baht.....

about the same price as an express bus.  the full run from

haikou in the north to sanya in the south....about 400 baht.

we can post links right?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3335235/It-s-RAIL-treat-China-s-new-circular-high-speed-track-passes-rolling-farms-sandy-beaches-scenic-rivers-tropical-island.html

Is this a pointless question, I wonder?

Since the original report almost a week ago, I haven’t noticed the press covering the progress of the 3.5km length of track. Not even “it’s underway” or anything similar.

Seeing as it was high publicity, I had hoped there might be some update. I'm probably hoping for too much, too quickly - a year hasn't past yet.

Slightly OT, I see today the BKK>CM Japanese route now has talk of downgrading the speed:  http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Economy/30334857

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Is this a pointless question, I wonder?

Since the original report almost a week ago, I haven’t noticed the press covering the progress of the 3.5km length of track. Not even “it’s underway” or anything similar.

Seeing as it was high publicity, I had hoped there might be some update. I'm probably hoping for too much, too quickly - a year hasn't past yet.

Slightly OT, I see today the BKK>CM Japanese route now has talk of downgrading the speed:  http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Economy/30334857

It was given to the highway department to do the foundation so they are probably still looking at the drawing to see where the white lines go.

Archived