Jump to content
BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Tompa

Bad Experience With Sunbelt

Recommended Posts

I had a very poor experience with Sunbelt late last year. I wasn’t going to make a huge fuss about it but this Monday I received their weekly news letter/Spam totally out of the blue which really pissed me off. Turns out they’ve taken the liberty to add my email to their list even though I only ever sent them a question/complaint using that email address. I never, ever asked or registered on their site to receive their emails.

To cut a long story short, I was interested in acquiring a business to compliment my own. I found an interesting object and contacted them for details. I had to email multiple times to even get a reply to try and set up a meeting. In the end (again after multiple unanswered emails, and yes they were sent to the correct address as I did receive 1 reply and simply used the reply button) they never came back to me and I totally lost interest. I felt it was very strange that a service company had such poor communication skills, especially when dealing with a potential client.

While I’m sure many are satisfied with their service, I for sure wasn’t and won’t recommend them to any of my friends. I would never have written this if they hadn’t totally abused my privacy by adding my email address to their mailing list without prior consent.

Tompa,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had a very poor experience with Sunbelt late last year. I wasn’t going to make a huge fuss about it but this Monday I received their weekly news letter/Spam totally out of the blue which really pissed me off. Turns out they’ve taken the liberty to add my email to their list even though I only ever sent them a question/complaint using that email address. I never, ever asked or registered on their site to receive their emails.

To cut a long story short, I was interested in acquiring a business to compliment my own. I found an interesting object and contacted them for details. I had to email multiple times to even get a reply to try and set up a meeting. In the end (again after multiple unanswered emails, and yes they were sent to the correct address as I did receive 1 reply and simply used the reply button) they never came back to me and I totally lost interest. I felt it was very strange that a service company had such poor communication skills, especially when dealing with a potential client.

While I’m sure many are satisfied with their service, I for sure wasn’t and won’t recommend them to any of my friends. I would never have written this if they hadn’t totally abused my privacy by adding my email address to their mailing list without prior consent.

Tompa,

I have sent several times emails to Sunbelt only for simple questions , not even being a Client . All emails have been answered within 24 hours. Not bad i would say.

Did you , by the way, bother to phone them? I am sure they answer the phone....

Edited by rcm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, half the time they dont answer the fone!

Greg is a great guy who i have a lot of time for. His advice is sterling and worth its weight in gold but im afraid they have lost that special service that they had.

Ive set up two companies and sold one business through them, so ive had many dealings with them.

My two company setups went smoothly enough, though with many, many delays with the second one as they just have too much business nowadays.

I sold my business through them aobut 2 years ago, and then received a call about 6 months ago from one of their girls asking if it was still available!

I think they are just overworked, and as per normal in this country have very poos communications between departments. They have gottenn VERY big in a realtively short period of time and that can be dangerous for any company. Even having said this, Greg being the nice guy that i know he is i would use them again for business brokerage and for company setup. I wouldnt however use them as an ongoing accounting service or legal service as i feel that they are a 'mill' operation without any sence of personal service now.

Just my two cents worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had a very poor experience with Sunbelt late last year. I wasn’t going to make a huge fuss about it but this Monday I received their weekly news letter/Spam totally out of the blue which really pissed me off. Turns out they’ve taken the liberty to add my email to their list even though I only ever sent them a question/complaint using that email address. I never, ever asked or registered on their site to receive their emails.

To cut a long story short, I was interested in acquiring a business to compliment my own. I found an interesting object and contacted them for details. I had to email multiple times to even get a reply to try and set up a meeting. In the end (again after multiple unanswered emails, and yes they were sent to the correct address as I did receive 1 reply and simply used the reply button) they never came back to me and I totally lost interest. I felt it was very strange that a service company had such poor communication skills, especially when dealing with a potential client.

While I’m sure many are satisfied with their service, I for sure wasn’t and won’t recommend them to any of my friends. I would never have written this if they hadn’t totally abused my privacy by adding my email address to their mailing list without prior consent.

Tompa,

THAT'S A BAD EXPERIENCE??? :o

Probably 80% of Thai companies are an absolute disaster communicating through emails.

Asking for information by email and never receiving an answer is unfortunately the rule, not the exception. Nothing wrong with trying, sometimes it works, but if I have real interest in something, I know that 99% chances are that I'll most likely have to, at least, get on the phone (yes, I know, I said 80% do never reply to emails, that should give me a 20% chance, but I just seem to pick the ones in the 80% group all the time!).

It is annoying that so many companies send their spam letters to as many email addresses they are able to find, but hardly a major disaster. Block the sender or simply click on delete more than enough. The "unsuscribe" option some companies offer, not to be used, as it confirms that the spam message has been read and makes that email address more desirable for other spammers.

If all forum members were to start threads with titles "COMPANY X did not reply to my email", TV would need a new sub-forum just for that.

I've never dealt with Sunbelt in any way, but I feel the "Bad experience with..." title is exaggerated.

Made me look though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a bit of an over-rection to receiving a piece of interest related email, Seriously with the amount of "stock offer" emails I get everyday I'm glad to see something that is of some interest.

OP, Why not simply unsubscribe or not bother reading the email, I'd hardly call it an abuse of privacy to send an email outlining businesses to sale to someone who is "interested in acquiring a business to compliment their own" after they have previously emailed for information. Surely it has taken much longer to write your post than simply clikc the unsubscribe or whatever button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see that an email would warrant a topic "Bad experience".

Thread closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...