New tourism minister makes his debut - assures safety for tourists in 2018

rooster59

On 12/23/2017 at 11:18 AM, rooster59 said:

He was determined to ensure the safety of tourists and their belongings all over the country throughout his tenure.

Phuket, whos west coast is covered in beaches for the sun seeking tourists..... lmao.... how’s it going sorting out the life guard situation, to help protect beach users from danger

don worry... no ploblem... no beach users, we fine them for smoking so they no come ?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Phuket, whos west coast is covered in beaches for the sun seeking tourists..... lmao.... how’s it going sorting out the life guard situation, to help protect beach users from danger

don worry... no ploblem... no beach users, we fine them for smoking so they no come ?

"no beach users, we fine them for smoking so they no come "

Absolute rubbish.   'Just the opposite in fact, IF it's enforced on a lasting basis.

8 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

"no beach users, we fine them for smoking so they no come "

Absolute rubbish.   'Just the opposite in fact, IF it's enforced on a lasting basis.

Bro.... you need to go back to bed and get up on the other side!

admittedly my humor can be a little weak, even inappropriate at times... but surely you can see that it was an attempt at humorously highlighting the fact that the smoking ban has more traction than employing properly trained and experienced life guards.... and the incongruity of that situation

regardless... tourism... new minister... drownings... I hope that one of the (undoubtedly) many initiatives he kicks off, is to ensure that the beachs are patrolled by qualified and motivated people to ensure safety

I’m sure the beachs will be patrolled by qualified and motivated smoking fine collectors/ enforcers.... if that’s a sore point for you.

And I for one, can’t wait to see the first fines being issued :partytime2: ??....... 

6 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I'm still trying to figure out what the tourism ministry does???

I can think of 3 things.

1 - Make grandiose statements about tourism numbers.

2 - Invite The Hoards of Ghengis Khan.

3 - Come up with anecdotal catchphrases such as "Amazing Thailand".

Other than that they are a waist of oxygen.

Please don';t insult Ghengis Khan

Plan 1: To prevent any tourist from being injured or killed in a road accident. All tourists will be retained at the airport of arrival until it is time for them to depart. That cuts out the road safety part of the plan

Plan 2: On arrival if tourist want to leave the airport of arrival they will be taken directly to a special tourist prison where it will only be the RTP that shake them down for their cash. That cuts out any tourist from being robbed or bashed by thugs (other than the RTP)

I think that plan will be very successful. There will be no tourists injured or killed on the roads and there will be no tourists robbed or bashed while here in Thailand (the land of S????????)

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Bro.... you need to go back to bed and get up on the other side!

admittedly my humor can be a little weak, even inappropriate at times... but surely you can see that it was an attempt at humorously highlighting the fact that the smoking ban has more traction than employing properly trained and experienced life guards.... and the incongruity of that situation

regardless... tourism... new minister... drownings... I hope that one of the (undoubtedly) many initiatives he kicks off, is to ensure that the beachs are patrolled by qualified and motivated people to ensure safety

I’m sure the beachs will be patrolled by qualified and motivated smoking fine collectors/ enforcers.... if that’s a sore point for you.

And I for one, can’t wait to see the first fines being issued :partytime2: ??....... 

"Like" apart from the last sentence which I believe will just be another way to scam the "wealthy farang". Still, it might be interesting if some lowly Thai got fined 100,000 baht for having a puff on the beach. (Or "smoking a cigarette on the beach" before some one picks up on the innuendo!)

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

Plan 1: To prevent any tourist from being injured or killed in a road accident. All tourists will be retained at the airport of arrival until it is time for them to depart. That cuts out the road safety part of the plan

Plan 2: On arrival if tourist want to leave the airport of arrival they will be taken directly to a special tourist prison where it will only be the RTP that shake them down for their cash. That cuts out any tourist from being robbed or bashed by thugs (other than the RTP)

I think that plan will be very successful. There will be no tourists injured or killed on the roads and there will be no tourists robbed or bashed while here in Thailand (the land of S????????)

Plan 1: If it's something tourists enjoy and it happens in the daytime, double the price.

Plan 1a: If it's something tourists enjoy and it happens at night, ruin it or ban it.

2 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

Plan 1: If it's something tourists enjoy and it happens in the daytime, double the price.

Plan 1a: If it's something tourists enjoy and it happens at night, ruin it or ban it.

But that still does not keep the tourist safe, and he has claimed that he is going to keep the tourist safe both on the road and from being robbed and bashed.

So if you let the tourist leave the airport or the confines of a tourist prison then as long as his "*****" faces the ground he is not going to be able to keep them safe

4 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

But that still does not keep the tourist safe, and he has claimed that he is going to keep the tourist safe both on the road and from being robbed and bashed.

So if you let the tourist leave the airport or the confines of a tourist prison then as long as his "*****" faces the ground he is not going to be able to keep them safe

It will slash tourism numbers, and keep more alone in their hotel rooms, sober and early to bed, thereby lowering the number of tourists at risk.. I grant you the percentages might rise but the numbers will go down.

5 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

It will slash tourism numbers, and keep more alone in their hotel rooms, sober and early to bed, thereby lowering the number of tourists at risk.. I grant you the percentages might rise but the numbers will go down.

But being alone in the hotel room, sober and early to bed alone still does not keep them safe because they will still have to be extorted and possibly bashed by the taxi driver from the airport to the hotel. Still not safe as he is trying to claim he is going to do.

Yes tourist numbers would fall by 100%. I know I am only joking because there is no way that the Thai's in the resort areas would be able to survive with no tourist but for this clown to say he is going to make it safe for tourist is a bloody joke, because the only way he could make it safe for them is to stop them from coming here in the first place, he is living in a dreamworld like the rest of the Thai officials

4 hours ago, sambum said:

"Like" apart from the last sentence which I believe will just be another way to scam the "wealthy farang". Still, it might be interesting if some lowly Thai got fined 100,000 baht for having a puff on the beach. (Or "smoking a cigarette on the beach" before some one picks up on the innuendo!)

Yer... the fallout is going to be great to watch from the sidelines... too see how one sided the situation likely becomes... followed by the outrage... lol

i could be completely wrong, and the fine levels may be equally applied... but... ????

35 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Yer... the fallout is going to be great to watch from the sidelines... too see how one sided the situation likely becomes... followed by the outrage... lol

i could be completely wrong, and the fine levels may be equally applied... but... ????

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: and pigs might fly to

Merry Christmas to all and please keep safe

On 12/23/2017 at 11:58 AM, yellowboat said:

Time will tell.  Grand gestures and big speeches are not enough to insure safety in such a dangerous place.   It is instilled in Thai psyche that foreigners should be prayed upon.  Just look at dual pricing.  And as for the road safety, lots of work needs to be done.  If he can avoid wearing overly expensive time pieces and other bling, he will at least enjoy a better reputation than those above him.    

SB "preyed upon". I doubt they are "praying" for falang.

I suggest he has a word with the Interior Ministry, more specific with the Immigration under the Royal Thai police force. 

If they would do away with 90% of the paperwork on arrival/departure then the congestions at the airports and land crossings (i.e. Nongkhai-Thanaleng) would be a thing of the past. Just saw the enormous backlog at Don Meuang airport; I, for one, will never use that airport again - ever!  

Oh, and ask his colleagues at the AAT/DoT to get going on the third (if not fourth) runway at Swampy, which has been needed for a few years now, especially whenever one of the existing two is shut-for-maintenance.

It's all very well building the first terminal-extension, glad to see that's underway at last, but all those extra planes will need something to land & take-off from ! :cool:

12 hours ago, the guest said:

Thailand, the hub of speeches !

Hub of tossers...speaking of which I'm going full on Santa and trying to fly tonight in Pattaya....weeeeeeeeeeee

No not really..I don't suffer from depression although I might catch it from some of the sad sacks on this forum.

On 12/24/2017 at 3:04 AM, Russell17au said:

But being alone in the hotel room, sober and early to bed alone still does not keep them safe because they will still have to be extorted and possibly bashed by the taxi driver from the airport to the hotel. Still not safe as he is trying to claim he is going to do.

Yes tourist numbers would fall by 100%. I know I am only joking because there is no way that the Thai's in the resort areas would be able to survive with no tourist but for this clown to say he is going to make it safe for tourist is a bloody joke, because the only way he could make it safe for them is to stop them from coming here in the first place, he is living in a dreamworld like the rest of the Thai officials

You are right. I'm only criticizing what they think will solve the problems. But I will say I've been spending an average three months in country every year since '98 and only a couple minor problems, but many examples of Thai generosity and helpfulness. I just don't think closing a bar for "showing" is going to end road carnage or tour guide fraud.

Archived