Parental involvement

I am out tonight with my family - Thai wife & Thai son aged 14. He produces letter given to him today by teacher, asking parents to attend a meeting at school tomorrow afternoon!

As a teacher for 40 years, to ensure parental involvement in school and children's education, we always gave maximum notice to gain maximum parental involvement.

What sort of educational idiot would give an evening's notice. Parents at work? Parents busy? Parents doing other things which cannot be rearranged at such short notice?

The arrogance and ineptitude is beyond belief.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Your right 

Have come across this in another sense

Kids told on the day for the next morning ( I think for Loy Katong )

Said to wife amazing they had plenty of time but expect we to run around at 6pm to try & get everything 

Then there was something about the Xmas presents this year (where they usually put in a pile & hand out ) , but they ended up bringing the ones they took back home 

Private school

There is very little planning for events in Thailand in general and this is especially true for the education system.   I have seen all kinds of meetings scheduled for the last minute with little or no regard for anyone's schedule and quite frequently these are unimportant meetings or information that could have been passed along in writing.  

A lot of it has to due to with status and the directors have a higher status and thus all those below them should obey.  

Archived