BANGKOK
madusa

True and Proper Buddhist teaching

34 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

And possibly no existence? 😉

I'm currently in my fifth day of fasting, eating no food of any type, just drinking water. I feel very relaxed and calm. I'm doing it for the claimed health benefits, not to lose weight, because I'm not overweight according to the BMI calculation.

However, I will resume eating soon, in order to have the energy to do some physical work which requires striving and exertion. 😉

Well done Vincent.

I currently do daily fasting (13 hours) 3.30am until 4.30pm.

If you're already slim, in your general diet you need to up the friendly fats.

Ketosis (energy from fat burning rather than sugar) and Intermittent Fasting are the way.

You'll need to reduce sugar, and carbs and increase friendly fats (avocado, olives, sardines, eggs, deep sea fish, mushrooms, and others)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockyysdt said:

Well done Vincent.

I currently do daily fasting (13 hours) 3.30am until 4.30pm.

Wow! Sounds as though you have dinner at 3 am in the morning, before going to sleep and/or meditating, and breakfast at 4.30 pm in the afternoon. Is this correct? 😉

If you're already slim, in your general diet you need to up the friendly fats.

Ketosis (energy from fat burning rather than sugar) and Intermittent Fasting are the way.
You'll need to reduce sugar, and carbs and increase friendly fats (avocado, olives, sardines, eggs, deep sea fish, mushrooms, and others)

I agree, but you missed out coconut oil, Rocky, which is a very significant 'friendly' fat. I use that often in place of full cream butter, on my bread. It's also better than Olive Oil for frying because it's more resistant to damage from heat.

I eat all the foods you've mentioned, and others such as Broccoli, Kale, Garlic. Ginger, Turmeric, and so on. but I do occasionally have a bowl of delicious ice cream or creamy, sweet cake, and even a glass or two of wine, usually when I'm eating with others. 

As the Buddha said, 'Everything in moderation', although I'm not sure if that includes wine. 😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

Wow! Sounds as though you have dinner at 3 am in the morning, before going to sleep and/or meditating, and breakfast at 4.30 pm in the afternoon. Is this correct? 😉

I agree, but you missed out coconut oil, Rocky, which is a very significant 'friendly' fat. I use that often in place of full cream butter, on my bread. It's also better than Olive Oil for frying because it's more resistant to damage from heat.

I eat all the foods you've mentioned, and others such as Broccoli, Kale, Garlic. Ginger, Turmeric, and so on. but I do occasionally have a bowl of delicious ice cream or creamy, sweet cake, and even a glass or two of wine, usually when I'm eating with others. 

As the Buddha said, 'Everything in moderation', although I'm not sure if that includes wine. 😉

Perfect, but ditch wheat products unless non GMO, and keep away from Soy, & GMO Corn.

Try to ween off sugar.