Catch this foreign scumbag pretending to be a Thai cop preying on tourists!

webfact

2 minutes ago, hashmodha said:

From where do these people get these pictures?It always amazes me with so many images going viral and then silence!Happy New year folks..it still is a strange kinda window of surrealistic side of Thailand through the little smart phone!

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L21 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Says the guy posting from a mobile app. :sorry:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/27/2017 at 9:10 AM, samsensam said:

haha, really convincing. that he's successful probably says a lot about the type of people in pattaya.

yea they must feel guilty of breaking a mortal sin of somesort ....hahaha haha haha

2 hours ago, hashmodha said:

From where do these people get these pictures?It always amazes me with so many images going viral and then silence!Happy New year folks..it still is a strange kinda window of surrealistic side of Thailand through the little smart phone!

Sent from my HUAWEI LUA-L21 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

From the time I have have spent in china i have learned the Chinese are not passive people. I am sure these images came from a victim. I always tell people to start desceetly filming when any drama looks like it is about to kick off. 

On beach Rd. I saw a few middle eastern men not wanting to pay for beach chairs, I tried to explain that you can't share one chair. Things got worse I started filming the middle easterners who didn't like it and tried to take my phone. At this time the police show up an Irish bystander starts screaming at the police that I caused the whole mess and to arrest me. For the next 5 minutes he kept saying loudly in front of the crowd that had gathered and pointing at me "its his fault" and you "come here on holiday to cause trouble". I have actually lived here the last 15 years. I calmly explained the situation and showed the video to the police man who then told the irish guy to shut up in an very impolite way. 

What is everyone so upset about?  This man--whether he be Iranian, Turk, or Aussie--is providing a valuable community service.  Can you think of any tourist as annoying as a Chinese tourist?  People posting here want 'justice' and call him a 'scumbag.'  Some posters are willing to write they are ready to 'punch him in the face' upon spotting him. Odd.

I want to shake this man's hand.  I want to buy him a beer.  I want to introduce him to my neighborhood where he could ply his trade.  Tour buses of Chinese riddle my area where they allowed some time to shop at the 7-Eleven.  Suddenly what was a calm environment turns into an incessant yelling and shoving match.  Just five of them can make a place feel it's been overtaken by a gang of football hooligans.  I've never seen such a group so fascinated by sim cards and hair-coloring products.  So yeah, if a few of them are gently relieved of a bit of their cash by this Good Samaritan, so be it.  

On 12/28/2017 at 1:42 PM, marinediscoking said:

From the time I have have spent in china i have learned the Chinese are not passive people. I am sure these images came from a victim. I always tell people to start desceetly filming when any drama looks like it is about to kick off. 

On beach Rd. I saw a few middle eastern men not wanting to pay for beach chairs, I tried to explain that you can't share one chair. Things got worse I started filming the middle easterners who didn't like it and tried to take my phone. At this time the police show up an Irish bystander starts screaming at the police that I caused the whole mess and to arrest me. For the next 5 minutes he kept saying loudly in front of the crowd that had gathered and pointing at me "its his fault" and you "come here on holiday to cause trouble". I have actually lived here the last 15 years. I calmly explained the situation and showed the video to the police man who then told the irish guy to shut up in an very impolite way. 

From what you've just written it sounds like you actually did cause the problem. Firstly by interfering in someone else's business, and then escalating things by trying to film them. 

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

From what you've just written it sounds like you actually did cause the problem. Firstly by interfering in someone else's business, and then escalating things by trying to film them. 

Actually no. I'm in a public area and in my right to film anything. The middle easterners were acting like jerks and I thought the thai's were going to attack them in a pack as they were calling for help from the other chair renters, so I was actually trying to provide evidence in case someone whacked them over the head with a bar or kicked them on the head until they lost conciseness. I have seen acts like this many times here before phones had video.

Around this time the jet ski scam was out of control and I filmed a pack attack on renters who only requested to settle the dispute at the police station. That video was shared on you tube and got about 200k views and in a way helped inform some people of the dangers of renting one. I also dropped of a copy at soi 9 the same day.

I understand your perspective though keep your head down, mind your own business, don't get involved and let the thugs take over. 

After things calmed down one of the middle eastern guys told me he did not like being filmed because he was not supposed to in Thailand and didn't want anyone finding out by seeing him on line. I told him I would not post it and explained the above to him, which he then wished me well and walked off,  after he had paid the 60 baht for the chairs of course.

51 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

I understand your perspective though keep your head down, mind your own business, don't get involved and let the thugs take over. 

After things calmed down one of the middle eastern guys told me he did not like being filmed because he was not supposed to in Thailand and didn't want anyone finding out by seeing him on line. I told him I would not post it and explained the above to him, which he then wished me well and walked off,  after he had paid the 60 baht for the chairs of course.

Fair enough, thanks for explaining more about the context. I do think it's a risky thing to do, both in the potential reaction of the deckchair thugs, and in the possible reaction of the customer too, for reasons such as that given in your last paragraph. I could imagine a lot of people in Pattaya aren't really supposed to be there!

Although I don't like this new trend of people filming and uploading anything and everything on social media, I agree it's sometimes the only way when it comes to nailing police corruption, jetski mafia etc. If you were instrumental in contributing to a crackdown on the latter, good work.  

On 12/26/2017 at 10:10 PM, 300sd said:

That is someone elses job!

Once gave a "tip" to a govt. guy to expedite processing of my wife's passport application.  Went back to collect it from a different guy who had been on vacation at the time.  He said "that's MY job".  555

On 12/27/2017 at 8:56 AM, webfact said:

"We will have him in a couple of days," predicted the chief. "We are on his tail thanks to CCTV".

He has not been catched yet ?  

Archived