Seven people injured in van crash on Phetkasem highway

webfact

Seven people injured in van crash

By Thai PBS

van1.jpg

Seven people were injured when a commuter van crashed into the rear of a 10-wheel truck on Phetkasem highway in Tha Yang district of Phetchaburi province early Wednesday morning (Dec 27).

The commuter van was on its way to Prachuab Khiri Khan from Bangkok. Witnesses told Tha Yang police that the incident happened at about 5am today.

The van driver rammed the rear of a 10-wheek truck near the U-turn bridge when he swerved to avoid hitting a parked truck on the left shoulder of the highway.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/seven-people-injured-van-crash/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-27

Sounds like overtaking on the inside! Or even on the hard shoulder.

Such a shame, when will people learn crazy driving doesn't gain you much distance, it only increases the chance of an accident!

Next time you overtake crazily. Take a look around you when you get to next set of traffic lights. Those that you were desparate to get past will more than likely be with you by the time the lights turn green!!!

4 hours ago, observer90210 said:

The never ending story of Thai road fatalities goes on, and on, and on, and on............none of the policy makers seem to really care....

Policy is one thing, enforcement is another.

If people ignore the law because they can bribe their way out of punishment, or simply know they will not be caught because the police do not do their job.

:drunk:

Happy New year everyone Lets start the year with a big bang 66+ dead every day will soon be overtaken because next week the Thai workforce has been given the week off watch them perform then on the roads Time to lock the car keys away again

Thai highways; on the left is parking, the first left lane is for everything going at a speed between 20km/h and 120km/h, and the right lane is for speeds from 0 (waiting to make a u-turn) up to however fast your car can go (160-180km/h).

Passing can be done left and right as nobody moves back a lane after passing someone.

I drove from Cha Am to Chiang Mai departing 27/12/17 as soon as I got on the Phetkasem  Road a mini van with Bangkok taxi service written on was up my arse at 100km less than a meter behind me, when I went to move into the next lane he swerved into the lane before me screamed past.  I then watched him do this half a dozen times as he tried to progress along the road.  as  mentioned above I got to the lights  at Thayang and there he was two cars in front.  

These van drivers need to be stopped they are Killers with the way they drive.

Archived