19 Students injured in Chiang Rai van accident

webfact

19 Students injured in Chiang Rai van accident

By Nattawat Laping 
The Nation

03b8dcc69357815ea464c98b48f62c65.jpeg

A van carrying students overturned on a road in Chiang Rai province on Wednesday morning, injuring everyone on board.

The accident took place on Paholyothin Road in the Mae Chan district at about 6.40am. 

91b0fc180d125ca420d7095d8c09ef93.jpeg

Most students sustained minor injuries and were allowed to return home following treatment, but some remained hospitalised as of press time. 

The van had collision insurance covering its passengers. 

Driver Yongyut Thongkorn said he was trying to overtake a car in front of him when he lost control of his vehicle. 

3c4f6663a1719d0ec90caac21c176457.jpeg

Chiang Rai Governor Narongsak Osotthanakorn urged motorists to drive carefully as the rain had made roads very slippery. 

a7dcce0fbce81b1eb9b15e8824c9e0ed.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30334906

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-27

" Driver Yongyut Thongkorn said he was trying to overtake a car in front of him when he lost control of his vehicle. "

when are mini van drivers not trying to over a vehicle in front of them?

Lifelong ban from driving passengers.

Driver must pay all medical fees.

Next case.

today going home on 1211 , a van full of young children did not stop and turned straight out in front of me from a side street  . My wife screamed as we thought we would certainly have a crash.,If I was speeding then someone would have been hurt .Crazy the mentally of these drivers with small children on board

A couple of envelopes will fix that minor detail Old saying "Laws are meant to be broken " boy they sure make sure of that saying in Thailand Dont matter which laws are broken here this incident will not even be mentioned by this time tommorrow Next case

16 hours ago, kevvy said:

today going home on 1211 , a van full of young children did not stop and turned straight out in front of me from a side street  . My wife screamed as we thought we would certainly have a crash.,If I was speeding then someone would have been hurt .Crazy the mentally of these drivers with small children on board

Yeah makes you want to cry at some of things they do I just go home and drink a bottle of Leo to relax me I am going to renew my license for 5 years next month and after that i quit driving on Thai Roads That is if i make it for 5 years I will be 65 and that will do me Hate screaming every day 

On 12/27/2017 at 3:50 PM, sceadugenga said:

The weather is terrible up here today, rain and cold all day.

I had to go to town to meet friends and we saw several accidents one involving a lady on a motorbike that slipped in the wet.

If this keeps up I would suggest staying home if possible.

You get that weather regularly in the UK, and other western countries. Yet they don't have the road accident numbers. Wonder why? 

Archived