The answer to road carnage - bottles of Chicken Extract - and "sleep with the cops"

webfact

The answer to road carnage - bottles of Chicken Extract - and "sleep with the cops"

bra.jpg

The Highway Police have come up with two novel ways to stop road accidents this New Year.

They have signed a deal with giant firm Brands to hand out their little bottles of chicken extract.

The idea is that tired motorists will then feel rejuvenated and not fall asleep at the wheel.

They have even got a name for the campaign: "Don't drop off - stop for some Brands".

Some 45,000 little bottles of the expensive black liquid will be handed out for free.

news_xfXAKLoMDZ183216_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

But that is not the only innovation to try to limit the annual New Year carnage on the Thai roads.

Chat Sukkaewnarong of the Highway Police authority also announced yesterday that 198 "sleep it off with the highway police" points had been set up nationwide.

This campaign was trumpeted as: "Don't fall asleep at the wheel - sleep it off with the Highway Police".

Motorists who are drowsy will be encouraged to have a snooze in a designated area to try to limit the death toll from "lap nai" - falling asleep at the wheel.

The Highway cops had a big ceremony yesterday to announce the new measures along with the more traditional tents and booths to promote what Daily News said in their headline was "taking care and ensuring safety at New Year".

Thailand was recently named the most dangerous place in the world to drive. At average of at least 60 people die at the scene of accidents each day with a yearly death toll well in excess of 20,000.

When those who die later at hospital are added into the figures it is expected to be even worse than that, according to road safety groups.

While hundreds of thousands of people are injured or left handicapped nationwide each year.

Thaivisa notes that Brands Essence of Chicken is usually branded as a health supplement to promote brain power and is not usually used as a stimulant.

Some people consider it to be the Asian version of Vegemite or Marmite.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-28

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Highway Police have come up with two novel ways to stop road accidents this New Year.

They have signed a deal with giant firm Brands to hand out their little bottles of chicken extract.

Must be some major financial benefit to the HP.

2 minutes ago, Ralf61 said:

no problem with that one, as long as those points are well "manned" with appropriate officials:

Wish I was a school boy.jpg

Well, that's a teacher, but sleeping it off w/ the cops around might be difficult, due to all their snoring.

Compulsory driving lessons and hundreds of test centres nationwide - with learner-drivers failing over and over until they understand the road? Police which are trained to arrest ALL careless or dangerous drivers?

Nah. Give em chicken soup. It's easier. TIT

14 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Another 4.0 solution for modern Thailand. Chicken soup for road safety.

You look really tired, have a shot of this. There ya go. You can drive all night now sir, you're good to go.

As Fred Flinstone says, Yabadabadoo!

1 hour ago, jaywalker said:

Well, that's a teacher, but sleeping it off w/ the cops around might be difficult, due to all their snoring.

I hope you know what you would face if you made a remark of this sort in the US. Quite frankly, I wish we had the same attitude here in Thailand as well. Just to avoid any wrong conclusions, I am neither a woman not Thai. Sorry. I really wanted to comment on the comment to which you were answering.

Yet another stupid idea, that will achieve Zilch!!  

7 DEADLY DAYS  will continue to claim hundreds &  thousands of lives ruined either by deaths or injuries.....

Need strong policing of road laws,i.e. alcohol limits tested & policed, speed checking on all major Highways, roads, Expressway & Freeways , unlicensed drivers charged & banned from driving, both motor vehicles & bikes,  use of helmets by riders on bikes & number of pillion passengers enforced, no unsecured passengers in utes, etc enforced... 

Do these or, even some, will save more lives than handing out chicken extract!!  An idiotic Idea!!!  ....Chat Sukkaewnarong of the Highway Police authority needs to get serious about safety on Thai Roads & time for PM Prayut ChanOcha to demand action !!! 

I'm sure the purchase and distribution of tents and 'chicken in a bottle' are sound ideas to dramatically reduce the road carnage.

In the knowledge that Thais will rarely accept responsibility for their failings, I can see the future excuses extending from "it was the rain/darkness/brake failure" to "I forgot to shake and wake up the chicken before I drank it" and " I couldn't get a wink of sleep because the copper in the sack next to me wouldn't drop the volume on his computer game".

Archived