The answer to road carnage - bottles of Chicken Extract - and "sleep with the cops"

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, abrahamzvi said:

I hope you know what you would face if you made a remark of this sort in the US. Quite frankly, I wish we had the same attitude here in Thailand as well. Just to avoid any wrong conclusions, I am neither a woman not Thai. Sorry. I really wanted to comment on the comment to which you were answering.

I assume you eventually get to the point of your comment..... after a few more posts maybe?

Anymore pics JW?

I have said it before & I will say it again that until they accept that the road is no place for "Thainess" 

& put 100's of mufti police actually in the traffic to see what really goes on rather than roadblocks 

where everybody behaves themselves nothing will change

3 hours ago, smedly said:

these are the people responsible for road safety 

is it any wonder 

in the UK you now need a university level education to join the police and if you want a promotion - that's going to need at least a degree in law

Rubbish!

18 minutes ago, Black arab said:

Chicken extract! They got to be yolking

30 minutes ago, wvavin said:

I just learnt that Brand’s essence of chicken can prevent accidents! Thai mentality?????

...what time does kindergarten get out.

I reckon the Thai Police have designated readers of all the foreigners forums.

Don't they ever become even slightly embarrassed by sane peoples' comments?

Most foreigners could write a 30 point list how to stop a lot of accidents within Thailand.

If there are any Thai Police reading this forum, just start with 3 basics.

Become more pro-active out there on the highways. Make every policeman responsible for giving out tickets for basic traffic offences rather than these ridiculous and generally ineffective road-blocks.

Use those resources outside of supermarkets and stop every driver in and out and make them wear seat-belts.  

Buriram is worse than anywhere I've seen in Thailand where going through red-lights seems to be expected and accepted. There are cameras on most junctions in all cities so use them and fines of 5,000 for jumping lights would cut most of this out.

In Summary.

Police wear seat-belts at all times and be more pro-active in accident prevention.

Enforce the wearing of seat belts laws.

Heavy fines for drivers going through red lights.

Having seen the amount of traffic today and the standard of driving, my car keys are hung up and will remain there for the next 5 days. Carnage is a much over used but accurate description.  

As a new member, I observe mostly sarcastic and derogatory remarks posted by members on most subjects.  I assume that many contributors to this post are foreigners, whom I presume choose to live in Thailand and take advantage (and I mean that literally) of all the nice trimmings of an inexpensive and "free" life-style they have failed to enjoy from wherever they came.  To them, I say, if you do not wish to contribute in a positive way to the society, then "pack-up or shut up" or at the very least show some respect to your host country citizens.

Build a bridge to get over your chronic negativity.

Please respect other people's model of the world and try to add value to it rather than portray and betray all foreign interest in the country with your 'smart' but far from wise comments.

Any measures taken, designed to reduce the death toll on the roads in any country must be lauded, not mocked.  The very strict measures that European countries take to prevent drunk driving fatalities have not been totally successful, have they?  Do you blog your sarcasm to the UK, American or European authorities?

Start by making sure that you do not drink and drive.  Applying zero tolerance to your own behaviours would be a start.  I see many foreigners drinking at bars, only to stagger out into the street and mount their motor bikes and ride without adequate protection.  Why?  Because they believe they will be lucky and get away with it.

Start with yourself and if you have a strong opinion and vocation on any subject posted, please do something positive.  Any defensive response to this post will likely come from those to whom I refer.

Happy New Year everyone and drive safely and only when sober.

2 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

I hope you know what you would face if you made a remark of this sort in the US. Quite frankly, I wish we had the same attitude here in Thailand as well. Just to avoid any wrong conclusions, I am neither a woman not Thai. Sorry. I really wanted to comment on the comment to which you were answering.

With a "remark of this sort in the US", you would have a SWAT team crashing your door at 3 am, killing your dog with a few rounds to stop it from barking...then you would be taken to a black site for enhanced interrogation, while your children would be sent away in a reeducation camp.

Luckily, Thailand is not living in 1984...thank God for the Buddhist calendar!

12 minutes ago, Khun Eddie Edward said:

As a new member, I observe mostly sarcastic and derogatory remarks posted by members on most subjects.  I assume that many contributors to this post are foreigners, whom I presume choose to live in Thailand and take advantage (and I mean that literally) of all the nice trimmings of an inexpensive and "free" life-style they have failed to enjoy from wherever they came.  To them, I say, if you do not wish to contribute in a positive way to the society, then "pack-up or shut up" or at the very least show some respect to your host country citizens.

Please respect other people's model of the world and try to add value to it rather than portray and betray all foreign interest in the country with your 'smart' but far from wise comments.

Since you are new, I would encourage you to go to the thread "casting TV Forum members movies" and pay special attention to the paragraph below the title "the protector".

Happy Holidays...and reading...

4 hours ago, Jap Pumkin said:

Thank God the Highway patrol have found the answer to

the shocking road carnage in Thailand. I just knew there would be a solution

" Chicken Extract "

Another  first for Thailand!!!!!!!!!!:stoner:

Yes, yet another world first hub. 

5 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

Will this chicken extract also start helping Thai people look before they embark from a soi onto a main road on their bikes? I still cannot understand this mentality after the years I have been here, and it happens every day I go out.. Chicken extract for all 

It may at least help them clucking...

As for looking left and right...well...not long ago, my wife was on the road close to the village when, coming at full speed from a small perpendicular soi, a guy on a motorbike crossed in front of her and went crashing on a big truck coming from the opposite side of the road!

His little stunt cost him one leg...and his family went after the truck driver for compensation!

4 hours ago, smedly said:

these are the people responsible for road safety 

is it any wonder 

in the UK you now need a university level education to join the police and if you want a promotion - that's going to need at least a degree in law

To be fair, they do have similar initiatives in other countries. In Australia, they have designated road stops where people can drink free coffee and rest/sleep... during the festive season. I'm not sure about chicken extract though - maybe Redbull or coffee would work better.

Even if it was was of some value 45000 bottles for the millions of drivers is nothing more than a publicity opportunity. 

The essence of what is being sought is to entice drivers to stop for a freebie but after the first hour there will none left for the other 6 days and 23 hours. 

The rest area where the drivers could sleep for 1 or 2 hours would be the best solution. Ice-cold water are also available to wash their face this will wake them up.

If the astrologer says you will die in a traffic accident no amount of chicken soup will help.

Some generals do not go on the road at certain day because the astrologer warned them.

Why do the chickens cross the roads in Thailand?

Because the Lonely Planet says so.

38 minutes ago, Khun Eddie Edward said:

Any measures taken, designed to reduce the death toll on the roads in any country must be lauded, not mocked.  The very strict measures that European countries take to prevent drunk driving fatalities have not been totally successful, have they?  Do you blog your sarcasm to the UK, American or European authorities?

Start by making sure that you do not drink and drive.  Applying zero tolerance to your own behaviours would be a start.  I see many foreigners drinking at bars, only to stagger out into the street and mount their motor bikes and ride without adequate protection.  Why?  Because they believe they will be lucky and get away with it.

Start with yourself and if you have a strong opinion and vocation on any subject posted, please do something positive.  Any defensive response to this post will likely come from those to whom I refer.

Happy New Year everyone and drive safely and only when sober.

LOL> there are moderators designated with the task of keeping all comments reasonable. Whining about whingers will not achieve much on here. Also, respect should be earned. Anything stupid will be called out on here in a split second.

Archived