The answer to road carnage - bottles of Chicken Extract - and "sleep with the cops"

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Highway Police have come up with two novel ways to stop road accidents this New Year.

They have signed a deal with giant firm Brands to hand out their little bottles of chicken extract.

The idea is that tired motorists will then feel rejuvenated and not fall asleep at the wheel.

They have even got a name for the campaign: "Don't drop off - stop for some Brands".

Too, bad Sanit is retired. He could have handed out bottles courtesy of his buddies at ThaiBev .

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jap Pumkin said:

Thank God the Highway patrol have found the answer to

the shocking road carnage in Thailand. I just knew there would be a solution

" Chicken Extract "

Another  first for Thailand!!!!!!!!!!:stoner:

We have discovered another planet in the Milky Way It;s called Thailand!

59 minutes ago, Khun Eddie Edward said:

As a new member, I observe mostly sarcastic and derogatory remarks posted by members on most subjects.  I assume that many contributors to this post are foreigners, whom I presume choose to live in Thailand and take advantage (and I mean that literally) of all the nice trimmings of an inexpensive and "free" life-style they have failed to enjoy from wherever they came.  To them, I say, if you do not wish to contribute in a positive way to the society, then "pack-up or shut up" or at the very least show some respect to your host country citizens.

Build a bridge to get over your chronic negativity.

Please respect other people's model of the world and try to add value to it rather than portray and betray all foreign interest in the country with your 'smart' but far from wise comments.

Any measures taken, designed to reduce the death toll on the roads in any country must be lauded, not mocked.  The very strict measures that European countries take to prevent drunk driving fatalities have not been totally successful, have they?  Do you blog your sarcasm to the UK, American or European authorities?

Start by making sure that you do not drink and drive.  Applying zero tolerance to your own behaviours would be a start.  I see many foreigners drinking at bars, only to stagger out into the street and mount their motor bikes and ride without adequate protection.  Why?  Because they believe they will be lucky and get away with it.

Start with yourself and if you have a strong opinion and vocation on any subject posted, please do something positive.  Any defensive response to this post will likely come from those to whom I refer.

Happy New Year everyone and drive safely and only when sober.

If I wish to pass chronic negativity against the stupid ways that Thailand is conducting its road traffic act then I will do so as free speech is not against the law here yet.

My credentials include a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, Certificate 4 in Road Transport, Driver Trainer and Driver Examiner with one of Australia's largest transport companies which included my last 2 years before I retired in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand as a Driver Trainer and Driver Examiner for the above company, I hold a Multi Combination Heavy Vehicle license which covers up to 6 trailer road trains in Australia, A Semi Trailer license in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand, 17 years road rescue removing dead bodies from road accidents and working in close liaison with the NSW police accident investigation squad. 

I will criticize  the stupidity that this Thai government is carrying on with about the way they are handling the road carnage here and you do not have the right to stop me.

I do not drink and drive as I have seen too much death on the road because of it but you want to single out farangs without even thinking about how many Thai's drink and drive drunk in unregistered, uninsured, unroadworthy vehicles unlicensed motorbike riders on unregistered motorbikes who overload with more people than the bike is designed for and who do not wear helmets.

I suggest that before you pick on farangs you should look at the Thai's that you are trying to defend, just remember that Thailand now has the highest death rate in the world for road carnage and the biggest majority of those that die are accidents that are caused by Thai drivers

You have got to be joking on this solution Thailand. Why not throw in FREE Buddha amulets with lucky numbers for the lottery?

I will now wear a Robo cop uniform always knowing that crazy drivers and bike riders are given free herbal medicine after drinking Thai Whisky!

12 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

If I wish to pass chronic negativity against the stupid ways that Thailand is conducting its road traffic act then I will do so as free speech is not against the law here yet.

My credentials include a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, Certificate 4 in Road Transport, Driver Trainer and Driver Examiner with one of Australia's largest transport companies which included my last 2 years before I retired in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand as a Driver Trainer and Driver Examiner for the above company, I hold a Multi Combination Heavy Vehicle license which covers up to 6 trailer road trains in Australia, A Semi Trailer license in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand, 17 years road rescue removing dead bodies from road accidents and working in close liaison with the NSW police accident investigation squad. 

I will criticize  the stupidity that this Thai government is carrying on with about the way they are handling the road carnage here and you do not have the right to stop me.

I do not drink and drive as I have seen too much death on the road because of it but you want to single out farangs without even thinking about how many Thai's drink and drink drunk in unregistered, uninsured, unroadworthy vehicles.

I suggest that before you pick on farangs you should look at the Thai's that you are trying to defend, just remember that Thailand now has the highest death rate in the world for road carnage and the biggest majority of those that die are accidents that are caused by Thai drivers

The Transport Minister should be charged by the UN for genocide is my opinion,

PS I was ISO 18001 , ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified and also use to work for TNT. So what?

1 minute ago, wavemanwww said:

The Transport Minister should be charged by the UN for genocide is my opinion,

PS I was ISO 18001 , ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified and also use to work for TNT. So what?

I worked for Linfox and the last 2 years was in Singapore, Malaysia and here in Thailand but it was that idiot that wanted to only point his finger at farangs being negative about how the Thai government was going to lower the road carnage

4 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I worked for Linfox and the last 2 years was in Singapore, Malaysia and here in Thailand but it was that idiot that wanted to only point his finger at farangs being negative about how the Thai government was going to lower the road carnage

I agree but did not need a life story!

3 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

I agree but did not need a life story!

Ye, your right not needed a life story.

I was trying to show him that there are many people on here that have had a lot of experience on the roads and that do know what needs to be done by Thailand to fix the problem

13 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Haven't you heard, the cops are under Red Bull now

No I haven't heard but if so, why they handling out Brand when one can of Red Bull, not only are you awake, your penis for some is standing at attention. If pull over that will surely show you've not been sleeping?

9 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

No I haven't heard but if so, why they handling out Brand when one can of Red Bull, not only are you awake, your penis for some is standing at attention. If pull over that will surely show you've not been sleeping?

"your penis for some is standing at attention."

Are you confusing Red Bull for something else?

I was just on the highway driving from Khon Kean to Bangkok. I saw at least six accidents. Ranging from a truck driving into the center strip and being completely demolished, with contents strewn over 200 meters of highway, to a gas truck, that jackknifed in the center strip, and did not explode, to multi car accidents. Granted, it was raining lightly. But, what can one say?

I think in general the skill level of the average driver here is relatively low. And some have attention deficit disorder. And some are drinking.

And why are these drivers speeding in the first place? The primary reason is the toy police force. Nobody, and I mean nobody takes these guys seriously. There is absolutely nothing in the way of a deterrent here, and both the local governments, the central government (weak Little P.) and the police do not take traffic safety seriously. Not even one iota. The safety of the public means less than zero to the small men in charge here. Nothing. They show that on a daily basis.

They will not do a thing. Why? They do not care about the people one iota. Not the common people. Not the average pleb. No way. Never have cared, and may never care in the future. It is all about protecting the elite, the super wealthy, those that are connected, and those in power. The rest of the population? They do not matter. The ex-pat community does not matter. And the police will not get involved unless an accident has already occurred. There is no prevention. None. The idea of getting the police more involved, is an interesting one, and it would be an effective one. But, the issue is money. They are grossly underpaid, and until the government steps up, and spends the trillion baht on updating the police equipment, and paying each cop a living wage, it is not going to happen. Until then, they will just work the franchise. 

When I was growing up, we took drivers education classes. They showed us these horrendous films, of semi trucks crashing into cars, and literally obliterating them, and everything inside. Also, they showed very graphic images of head on collisions. Even as a young kid, it left a lasting impression, and I realized driving was no joking matter. Especially when you have your friends, or loved ones in the car with you. I am constantly astonished at the kinds of chances people take here, with their entire family in the car with them. Why? What is the logic? What is the reason? Why take those risks? Often, when someone cuts onto the highway in front of me, as I am doing 100kpm or more on the highway, I look in my rearview mirror, and there is nobody behind me for quite some distance. Which means, had they paused, and waited 2 or 3 seconds, there would have been zero risk to them, their family, or me and my family. What can one even say? All of this matters even more when driving a motorbike, where there is no protection. 

The only way to survive here on the road, is to be patient, have eyes in the back of your head, drive with caution, and always, and I mean always watch out of the other guy. Chances are, he does not have much driving skill, nor patience, nor reason, nor common sense. You cannot be too careful on the road here. Especially considering that the toy police offer no traffic safety, nor enforcement of the law. 

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I was just on the highway driving from Khon Kean to Bangkok. I saw at least six accidents. Ranging from a truck driving into the center strip and being completely demolished, with contents strewn over 200 meters of highway, to a gas truck, that jackknifed in the center strip, and did not explode, to multi car accidents. Granted, it was raining lightly. But, what can one say?

I think in general the skill level of the average driver here is relatively low. And some have attention deficit disorder. And some are drinking.

And why are these drivers speeding in the first place? The primary reason is the toy police force. Nobody, and I mean nobody takes these guys seriously. There is absolutely nothing in the way of a deterrent here, and both the local governments, the central government (weak Little P.) and the police do not take traffic safety seriously. Not even one iota. The safety of the public means less than zero to the small men in charge here. Nothing. They show that on a daily basis.

They will not do a thing. Why? They do not care about the people one iota. Not the common people. Not the average pleb. No way. Never have cared, and may never care in the future. It is all about protecting the elite, the super wealthy, those that are connected, and those in power. The rest of the population? They do not matter. The ex-pat community does not matter. And the police will not get involved unless an accident has already occurred. There is no prevention. None. The idea of getting the police more involved, is an interesting one, and it would be an effective one. But, the issue is money. They are grossly underpaid, and until the government steps up, and spends the trillion baht on updating the police equipment, and paying each cop a living wage, it is not going to happen. Until then, they will just work the franchise. 

When I was growing up, we took drivers education classes. They showed us these horrendous films, of semi trucks crashing into cars, and literally obliterating them, and everything inside. Also, they showed very graphic images of head on collisions. Even as a young kid, it left a lasting impression, and I realized driving was no joking matter. Especially when you have your friends, or loved ones in the car with you. I am constantly astonished at the kinds of chances people take here, with their entire family in the car with them. Why? What is the logic? What is the reason? Why take those risks? Often, when someone cuts onto the highway in front of me, as I am doing 100kpm or more on the highway, I look in my rearview mirror, and there is nobody behind me for quite some distance. Which means, had they paused, and waited 2 or 3 seconds, there would have been zero risk to them, their family, or me and my family. What can one even say? All of this matters even more when driving a motorbike, where there is no protection. 

The only way to survive here on the road, is to be patient, have eyes in the back of your head, drive with caution, and always, and I mean always watch out of the other guy. Chances are, he does not have much driving skill, nor patience, nor reason, nor common sense. You cannot be too careful on the road here. Especially considering that the toy police offer no traffic safety, nor enforcement of the law. 

that sums it up mike well said It is just a big game but sadly its a deadly game

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Very very true. Well written and more importantly written from your heart. You speak for all if not most falangs and common decency to this problem. Too bad the Thai government does not give a damn!

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

One of the best post I have read this year.

Way back in 1961 I was in a carr accident, my Father was killed and I was in hospital for 3 months,  the pain & suffering from this has never been forgotten.

This afternoon I went to the shops to buy some fruit & there are plenty of crazy drivers out there.

On the western side of Khon Kaen on the north bound lanes at the moment they are setting up a road block that it looks like the police, the army, a couple of fire trucks and a couple of rescue vehicles there with a big marque

6 hours ago, smedly said:

these are the people responsible for road safety 

is it any wonder 

in the UK you now need a university level education to join the police and if you want a promotion - that's going to need at least a degree in law

And UK cops are not famous for their intellectual capabilities lol 

Archived