Air passengers advised to leave 2-3 hours earlier for Don Mueang

webfact

Air passengers advised to leave 2-3 hours earlier for Don Mueang

By Thai PBS

donmueangairport3.jpg

As a large number of people are leaving Bangkok for home provinces for the New Year, domestic air passengers are advised to leave for Don Mueang airport two to three hours earlier than normal to make sure they will not miss the planes.

Wing Commander Sutheewat Suwanwat, the director of Don Mueang airport, said the people have begun to leave Bangkok for their home provinces for the New Year festival since Dec 27.

On Dec 31 alone, about 113,000 air passengers are expected to fly from Don Mueang.  After that they will fly back at the average of 110,000 per day and the air travels will return to normal on Jan 4.

Full story:  http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/air-passengers-advised-leave-2-3-hours-earlier-don-mueang/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-29

• 4 weeks later...

Left for japan from Don Mueang 2 weeks ago and zero people at immigration.

At return immigration was busy but went reasonable fast. (waited about 30 minutes)

Most of this delay was due to the fact that many people had to fill out the new TM6 arrival cards as they did not accept the old ones anymore.

18 minutes ago, Carib said:

Well so much for "Using up the old TM6 cards first" ... judging by what Merijn tells us. I wish they would for once stick to a plan. Grrr

Every person who had the old TM6 card where told at the entrance of the immigration line that we had to use the new TM6 card while handing them out as immigration was not accepting the old card (which i received in the plane) anymore.

Looks like that they indeed stepped away from their own promise. ( i don't know if Suvarnabhumi) still accept the old one which i will find out in a few weeks.

Archived