Probation period

Hello,

I'm starting a new job next year in Bangkok, but there may be a problem. Before I left my current company in Thailand and after I had already signed the employment contract for the new company I told one of the guys at the company i'm leaving where i'm moving to. He was like "Ahh, I got friends there, You will work very hard". I asked him what he meant. He showed me posts on facebook of people complaining working 36 hours straight (Started at 9am, stayed overnight in the office, left at 5pm next day). And showed people who had posted on facebook at 4am in the morning in the office where it was dark outside. Also showed photos at the train station with the time as "10:30pm" (They start at 8:30AM). Despite this, i'll have to still give it a go (Maybe it's just one team that has this problem), but on my employment contract it has a probation period. It says after the probation either I or the employer has to give 1 pay period notice, but it says nothing about my rights to resign during the probation period or what notice I have to give. But it says that the employer can terminate me during probation period if I'm not good fit with the current notice period laws at the time.

If this all turns to hell, I guess If i can't resign during probation period, i'll just get sacked or not show up to work.

• Like 1