Thai women going from farang back to Thai men?

dfdgfdfdgs

Just wondered if anybody knew of any, since it's usually stories of the opposite.

To clarify, I mean a serious Thai/farang relationship, maybe involving a kid or whatever.  That relationship breaks down, then back to a serious Thai/Thai relationship.  I'm not talking about them having a farang boyfriend/husband and seeing Thai guys on the side.

Usually they start with a Thai guy and when they cheat or need money they try the farangs, supposedly.  What would be the cause of the reverse of that situation, I wonder.  Too much time spent incessantly bickering with strangers on the internet?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine it happens all the time considering:

That the vast majority of the men here were born here.

That many of these women have had some pretty bad experiences with foreigners

That they probably want to be with someone from their own culture and speaks the language

Not everybody is as awesome as me

I've heard numerous stories of Thai women "going back" to a Thai man after having been with a foreigner. In many cases, the girls viewed being with a foreigner as an "occupation" and when the job "ended" (for whatever reason), if she had enough money to pay off the family debts and buy a house (etc, etc) she'd go back to her home village and get (back) together with her high school sweetheart (who may or may not have dumped her years earlier after knocking her up). 

Every time I hear a Thai woman say she prefers foreigners over Thai men I have to laugh as you can almost see/smell/feel the lie as it is so strong. It is one of the first 3 or 4 phrases almost every bar bar girl learns within hours of arriving in Bangkok/Pattaya/Phuket. 

(Hello sexy man. I love you ! I only start working here this week ! I not like Thai man, only like farang man !)

It's not true in every case of course but look at it. Do you really think that Thai girls prefer old, fat, lazy white guys twice (or thrice) their age that spend most of their time propping up a bar stool and barely speak a word or 2 of Thai (and have absolutely nothing in common), or young Thai guys around their own age that speak the same language and have a lot in common (and similar cultural values). 
Especially when a lot of those old fat foreigners are only looking for a (free) bed warmer/cook/maid (and cheat just as much as any Thai guy).
I've seen the way a lot of foreigners treat the women they are with and it's almost amazing that they can find someone that wants to be with them at all (and probably helps explain how many of those guys were divorced in their home countries, repeatedly in some cases). 

It's not really surprising to think that some (many/most) Thai women would "go back" to a Thai man after having been with a foreigner.

13 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

What would be the cause of the reverse of that situation, I wonder.

Basically you are asking the combined resources of Thai visa to determine what goes on in a woman's head?

Jeeze, there are about 4 billion males on the planet. The vast majority have spent some considerable time on this issue.

The distilled answer from 250,000 years of male Homo Sapiens' brains is......

We have no f6ck1ng clue.

:shock1:

51 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I've heard numerous stories of Thai women "going back" to a Thai man after having been with a foreigner. In many cases, the girls viewed being with a foreigner as an "occupation" and when the job "ended" (for whatever reason), if she had enough money to pay off the family debts and buy a house (etc, etc) she'd go back to her home village and get (back) together with her high school sweetheart (who may or may not have dumped her years earlier after knocking her up). 

This paragraph should be printed on the cover of every TM30 form or as an annex to every VISA issued by the Royal Thai Embassy.

It's about time the Thai Lakorn incorporated this story line into every Thai dramas.

Yes, it happens.My ex, university-educated, with good job 'reversed to Thai men'after our relationship ended.She estimated that, apart from financial issues, one third of Thai women prefer Farang , and she was one of the.

I assume the reason was that living with me in an expat Farang community she experienced and sensed how much most Farang deep down inside despise Thais , consider them dumb, racist, mercenary,lazy, selfish jerks.

4 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Yes, it happens.My ex, university-educated, with good job 'reversed to Thai men'after our relationship ended.She estimated that, apart from financial issues, one third of Thai women prefer Farang , and she was one of the.

I assume the reason was that living with me in an expat Farang community she experienced and sensed how much most Farang deep down inside despise Thais , consider them dumb, racist, mercenary,lazy, selfish jerks.

Must of been delightful for her. 

9 hours ago, poanoi said:

given that thai woman are OK with not getting paid for the effort of living with a thai man,
in contrast to living with a foreigner, i'd say odds are they chose a thai man if given the choice

So, you think foreign men must pay their Thai women, but Thai men do not?  My, what a narrow-minded thought. Try finding women whose virtue is non-negotiable.

Granted there is a certain element of any culture that prefers relationships with others within that culture. However, I believe that element is narrowing in all cultures. Similarly, there is an element in all cultures which would not accept a relationship with someone who had gone outside their culture, race, religion or even sexual orientation with a previous relationship. 

Reminds me of a Brit friend who was enamored with a certain Thai lady until he met her son, "She had a <deleted> kid," was his lament.

Sorry to be straight forward but you don't seem to be smart enough to live here.

Loyalty is nothing, money and survival counts. What do you expect, it is like

everywhere else only around here they make no secret of it.

If you need loyalty buy a dog, don't try to understand it, not in LOS.

1. As people have become more saavy, the average financial payoff for a Thai girl looking to hit the jackpot by batting her baby blues has probably gotten smaller. Some women, those mainly motivated by mercenary considerations, decide that the smaller payoffs are not worth the effort.

2. Demographics have shifted. Thai women are more in demand - both from Thai men and men from other Asian countries - than they were 20-30 years ago. Also, the economy has changed during this period, providing more educational and occupational opportunities to women, making many women feel less pressured to enter into a relationship for strictly financial reasons.

3. The government has gone to great lengths to stigmatize Thailand's sex industry, and in the process made many Thais feel more self-conscious about being in a  relationship with a foreign man. Many Thais automatically assume that any Thai woman with a foreign man is a sex worker, and many Thai women feel that this loss of social status isn't worth whatever other benefits they receive from the relationship.

4. In Jared Diamond's book, The Third Chimpanzee, he points out that most often people choose mating partners who resemble themselves, thus the default attraction for Thais is other Thais. Foreigners who imagine otherwise, are kidding themselves.

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I imagine it happens all the time considering:

That the vast majority of the men here were born here.

That many of these women have had some pretty bad experiences with foreigners

That they probably want to be with someone from their own culture and speaks the language

Not everybody is as awesome as me

You are too modest.

As we know, Thailand has traditionally been a patriarchal society.

Because of that, Thai males were always considered the head of the family.

Many Thai men abused that "head of household" situation.

Because of that abuse, and for economic reasons, Thai women looked elsewhere.

Now, with Thai women being more educated and independent, they don't need to rely "on a man".

They can stay independent and/or choose a guy who will treat them well and be a great partner.

It took a while for Thai males to catch up with this independent thinking and respect.

Since many Thai men have now caught up, they treat Thai women with a newfound respect and appreciation.

Because of that, some Thai women probably do prefer to stay with "one of their own".

However, sincere love, loyalty, and partnership between two people will always transcend everything else.

In the long run, we all want to "grow old" with someone we love and who sincerely loves us.

22 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

1. As people have become more saavy, the average financial payoff for a Thai girl looking to hit the jackpot by batting her baby blues has probably gotten smaller. Some women, mainly motivated by mercenary considerations decide that the smaller payoffs are not worth the effort.

2. Demographics have shifted. Thai women are more in demand both from Thai men, but other Asian countries than they were 20-30 years ago.

3. The government has gone to great lengths to stigmatize Thailand's sex industry, and in the process made many Thais feel more self-conscious about being in a  relationship with a foreign man. Many Thais automatically assume that any Thai woman with a foreign man is a sex worker, and many Thai women feel that this loss of social status isn't worth whatever other benefits they receive from the relationship.

4. In Jared Diamond's book, The Third Chimpanzee, he points out that worldwide most people choose mating partners who look like themselves. The default attraction for Thais is other Thais. Foreigners who imagine otherwise, are kidding themselves.

Thai women don't bat their baby blues. Their eyes are brown to black. Some only need a modest payoff to attach themselves to a falang like a limpet.

On point 2, where is some proof of this assertion? Thai men are still abandoning their pregnant GF's in droves.

Do you really think Thais living in a rural village give a rat's posterior about government pronouncements? The only Thais who would be concerned about loss of social status would be the Hi-So types, who are high maintenance and a waste of time anyway. Most Thai women in my GF's village would love to have a falang take care of them.

Women are attracted by power, money, intelligence and good looks. It doesn't matter what nationality it comes in. Onassis and Jackie Kennedy. Rupert Murdoch and Wendi Deng. A more plausible reason for the default attraction Mr. Diamond speaks of is the fact they speak the same language.

It's probably due to the numbers, how many millions of Thai guys than farangs there are to choose from.

With the number of decent farangs available to Thai women it is no wonder they reconsider taking another trip down the Thai guy route. Human nature depicts we usually take the path of least resistance.

Thai women know the reputation of some farang men in their country and it doesn't help the situation either. Ask yourself, how would a Thai woman find decent foreigner??

There is always a Thai man in the back of her mind , so you'd better take good care of her . Which basically means tell her you love her and make sure she is economically safe for the rest of her life.

If not an old boyfriend could suddenly appear. :shock1:

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

1. As people have become more saavy, the average financial payoff for a Thai girl looking to hit the jackpot by batting her baby blues has probably gotten smaller. Some women, those mainly motivated by mercenary considerations, decide that the smaller payoffs are not worth the effort.

2. Demographics have shifted. Thai women are more in demand - both from Thai men and men from other Asian countries - than they were 20-30 years ago. Also, the economy has changed during this period, providing more educational and occupational opportunities to women, making many women feel less pressured to enter into a relationship for strictly financial reasons.

4. In Jared Diamond's book, The Third Chimpanzee, he points out that most often people choose mating partners who resemble themselves, thus the default attraction for Thais is other Thais. Foreigners who imagine otherwise, are kidding themselves.

1  theres droves of women who eagerly accept most any sized payoff

2  perhaps more in demand on some dating websites thus relates to #1 above.

3  yes perhaps if the woman is aware but the society does not have a stellar level of awareness, about anything

4  i know upscale thai gals that would rather be with matt damon looking foreigners than the average thai male. some women with money simply hire guys they find attractive as they grew up in the money buys anything culture.

Archived