Thai women going from farang back to Thai men?

dfdgfdfdgs

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, balo said:

There is always a Thai man in the back of her mind , so you'd better take good care of her . Which basically means tell her you love her and make sure she is economically safe for the rest of her life.

If not an old boyfriend could suddenly appear. :shock1:

not everyone is driven by the insecurity of losing their gf/wife to maintain the relationship

Re. your "Usually they start with a Thai guy and ..." 

From your very limited view of all Thai women -- not just the limited number you happen to know of -- how could you possible know what "usually" is?

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

1. As people have become more saavy, the average financial payoff for a Thai girl looking to hit the jackpot by batting her baby blues has probably gotten smaller. Some women, those mainly motivated by mercenary considerations, decide that the smaller payoffs are not worth the effort.

2. Demographics have shifted. Thai women are more in demand - both from Thai men and men from other Asian countries - than they were 20-30 years ago. Also, the economy has changed during this period, providing more educational and occupational opportunities to women, making many women feel less pressured to enter into a relationship for strictly financial reasons.

3. The government has gone to great lengths to stigmatize Thailand's sex industry, and in the process made many Thais feel more self-conscious about being in a  relationship with a foreign man. Many Thais automatically assume that any Thai woman with a foreign man is a sex worker, and many Thai women feel that this loss of social status isn't worth whatever other benefits they receive from the relationship.

4. In Jared Diamond's book, The Third Chimpanzee, he points out that most often people choose mating partners who resemble themselves, thus the default attraction for Thais is other Thais. Foreigners who imagine otherwise, are kidding themselves.

And further to your point 2, the opportunities for Thai girls may have increased but so to have opportunities for Thai guys.   Not every Thai is scraping by on less than 12,000 baht a month.   

10 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I've heard numerous stories of Thai women "going back" to a Thai man after having been with a foreigner. In many cases, the girls viewed being with a foreigner as an "occupation" and when the job "ended" (for whatever reason), if she had enough money to pay off the family debts and buy a house (etc, etc) she'd go back to her home village and get (back) together with her high school sweetheart (who may or may not have dumped her years earlier after knocking her up). 

Every time I hear a Thai woman say she prefers foreigners over Thai men I have to laugh as you can almost see/smell/feel the lie as it is so strong. It is one of the first 3 or 4 phrases almost every bar bar girl learns within hours of arriving in Bangkok/Pattaya/Phuket. 

(Hello sexy man. I love you ! I only start working here this week ! I not like Thai man, only like farang man !)

It's not true in every case of course but look at it. Do you really think that Thai girls prefer old, fat, lazy white guys twice (or thrice) their age that spend most of their time propping up a bar stool and barely speak a word or 2 of Thai (and have absolutely nothing in common), or young Thai guys around their own age that speak the same language and have a lot in common (and similar cultural values). 
Especially when a lot of those old fat foreigners are only looking for a (free) bed warmer/cook/maid (and cheat just as much as any Thai guy).
I've seen the way a lot of foreigners treat the women they are with and it's almost amazing that they can find someone that wants to be with them at all (and probably helps explain how many of those guys were divorced in their home countries, repeatedly in some cases). 

It's not really surprising to think that some (many/most) Thai women would "go back" to a Thai man after having been with a foreigner.

We are not all old and fat.

Many educated girls with good job prefer foreigners of their age because of brain and puxxy stimulation (both better with farang in most of the cases).

It's my experience with girls who can date and/or marry Thai guys who earn 100k+ / month...

I am horny for Asian girls and know many Asian girls horny for me !

7 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

1. As people have become more saavy, the average financial payoff for a Thai girl looking to hit the jackpot by batting her baby blues has probably gotten smaller. Some women, those mainly motivated by mercenary considerations, decide that the smaller payoffs are not worth the effort.

2. Demographics have shifted. Thai women are more in demand - both from Thai men and men from other Asian countries - than they were 20-30 years ago. Also, the economy has changed during this period, providing more educational and occupational opportunities to women, making many women feel less pressured to enter into a relationship for strictly financial reasons.

3. The government has gone to great lengths to stigmatize Thailand's sex industry, and in the process made many Thais feel more self-conscious about being in a  relationship with a foreign man. Many Thais automatically assume that any Thai woman with a foreign man is a sex worker, and many Thai women feel that this loss of social status isn't worth whatever other benefits they receive from the relationship.

4. In Jared Diamond's book, The Third Chimpanzee, he points out that most often people choose mating partners who resemble themselves, thus the default attraction for Thais is other Thais. Foreigners who imagine otherwise, are kidding themselves.

Maybe you include yourself people you know in your "most", but it is far to be the truth for everybody..

8 hours ago, smotherb said:

So, you think foreign men must pay their Thai women, but Thai men do not?  My, what a narrow-minded thought. Try finding women whose virtue is non-negotiable.

Granted there is a certain element of any culture that prefers relationships with others within that culture. However, I believe that element is narrowing in all cultures. Similarly, there is an element in all cultures which would not accept a relationship with someone who had gone outside their culture, race, religion or even sexual orientation with a previous relationship. 

Reminds me of a Brit friend who was enamored with a certain Thai lady until he met her son, "She had a <deleted> kid," was his lament.

i referred to a prostitute, i had a thai gf 7 years without paying anything beside wine/hotel

Must admit from the way some Falang   treat their Thai wifes , I don't  blame the Thai women for going back to Thai men, got one near  me in the Uk , she is a gorgeous 30 year old, She had a son with her Husband not so long ago, where was he when the baby was born in the UK , He was in Phuket with his girlfriend, The dumb shit only went and put his video on Youtube while there, I Am assisting her to take him to the cleaners, as he has a lucrative Business, He deserves all he gets, you hear about Bad Thai women but not Bad Falang men.

7 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Must admit from the way some Falang   treat their Thai wifes , I don't  blame the Thai women for going back to Thai men, got one near  me in the Uk , she is a gorgeous 30 year old, She had a son with her Husband not so long ago, where was he when the baby was born in the UK , He was in Phuket with his girlfriend, The dumb shit only went and put his video on Youtube while there, I Am assisting her to take him to the cleaners, as he has a lucrative Business, He deserves all he gets, you hear about Bad Thai women but not Bad Falang men.

I guess that you also give her nice pleasure...

21 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Every time I hear a Thai woman say she prefers foreigners over Thai men I have to laugh as you can almost see/smell/feel the lie as it is so strong. It is one of the first 3 or 4 phrases almost every bar bar girl learns within hours of arriving in Bangkok/Pattaya/Phuket. 

(Hello sexy man. I love you ! I only start working here this week ! I not like Thai man, only like farang man !)

So true.  It's almost like every farang-hunting Thai girl has been trained to tell their farang marks that.  You'd think only the most naive farang would believe it, but then it seems many really "need" to believe it.  Every time a Thai girl tells me that, it's an immediate sign that she's full of sht.   

But it's rather ingenious, when you think about it.  By saying "I no like Thai man, only like farang," it creates the image of the Thai girl being an innocent victim and the farang being her savior.  And just as important, it provides her a cover for her Thai BF lurking behind the scenes.  If the farang ever finds out about the other guy, she can always say "he's my friend/brother/cousin...I told you I no like Thai man!"

11 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Yeah, he sounds like a real winner.  Odd he would run off to Phuket given his wife is a mere 30  y/o, gorgeous, even if she was round and pregnant at the time.  Maybe she's a psycho bitch on roller skates, and he couldn't stand it anymore. 

Lucky for her, another White Knight was waiting to rescue her, and she probably doesn't have to put out, or spit out another kid, to get paid sooner than she had imagined.  555! 

5 hours ago, Berkshire said:

So true.  It's almost like every farang-hunting Thai girl has been trained to tell their farang marks that.  You'd think only the most naive farang would believe it, but then it seems many really "need" to believe it.  Every time a Thai girl tells me that, it's an immediate sign that she's full of sht.   

But it's rather ingenious, when you think about it.  By saying "I no like Thai man, only like farang," it creates the image of the Thai girl being an innocent victim and the farang being her savior.  And just as important, it provides her a cover for her Thai BF lurking behind the scenes.  If the farang ever finds out about the other guy, she can always say "he's my friend/brother/cousin...I told you I no like Thai man!"

one of the few environments where you can trust her expressing liking farangs is in a situation where you know she is financially secure and open minded. not infrequently with upscale thai friends. sad to say having money, some real education, and an open mind makes can actually make them credible

i say this having in mind that many a uni grad bank employee earning 15-20k / month would like to see more money from male a b or c

5 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Yeah, he sounds like a real winner.  Odd he would run off to Phuket given his wife is a mere 30  y/o, gorgeous, even if she was round and pregnant at the time.  Maybe she's a psycho bitch on roller skates, and he couldn't stand it anymore. 

Lucky for her, another White Knight was waiting to rescue her, and she probably doesn't have to put out, or spit out another kid, to get paid sooner than she had imagined.  555! 

Typical response from someone who knows nothing , I have known her for 10 years, also i  don't Abuse any women , it's called friend, Something that many guys don't understand. Because there Immature dick rules their small brain.

Just now, Thongkorn said:

Typical response from someone who knows nothing , I have known her for 10 years, also i  don't Abuse any women , it's called friend, Something that many guys don't understand. Because there Immature dick rules their small brain.

No, I get it, good on ya, was just having a laugh, hence the "555".  Take care, good luck with the process.

On 12/31/2017 at 3:54 AM, Kerryd said:

I've heard numerous stories of Thai women "going back" to a Thai man after having been with a foreigner. In many cases, the girls viewed being with a foreigner as an "occupation" and when the job "ended" (for whatever reason), if she had enough money to pay off the family debts and buy a house (etc, etc) she'd go back to her home village and get (back) together with her high school sweetheart (who may or may not have dumped her years earlier after knocking her up). 

It's not true in every case of course but look at it. Do you really think that Thai girls prefer old, fat, lazy white guys twice (or thrice) their age that spend most of their time propping up a bar stool and barely speak a word or 2 of Thai (and have absolutely nothing in common), or young Thai guys around their own age that speak the same language and have a lot in common (and similar cultural values). 
Especially when a lot of those old fat foreigners are only looking for a (free) bed warmer/cook/maid (and cheat just as much as any Thai guy).
I've seen the way a lot of foreigners treat the women they are with and it's almost amazing that they can find someone that wants to be with them at all (and probably helps explain how many of those guys were divorced in their home countries, repeatedly in some cases). 

It's not really surprising to think that some (many/most) Thai women would "go back" to a Thai man after having been with a foreigner.

The above post was written by a Thai Geeza, just so you know, tooooo funny.  

18 hours ago, atyclb said:

one of the few environments where you can trust her expressing liking farangs is in a situation where you know she is financially secure and open minded. not infrequently with upscale thai friends. sad to say having money, some real education, and an open mind makes can actually make them credible

i say this having in mind that many a uni grad bank employee earning 15-20k / month would like to see more money from male a b or c

Not so sure about that.  There's a difference between having a preference for a certain type of man and just saying she hates all men of a certain nationality....especially her own men.  Sometimes I would ask a Thai girl who says "she no like Thai men" whether she knows ANY good Thai men, i.e., father, uncle, cousin, brother, friends.  They would tend to respond with a deer-in-the-headlights look. 

On 31/12/2017 at 12:15 PM, thecyclist said:

Yes, it happens.My ex, university-educated, with good job 'reversed to Thai men'after our relationship ended.She estimated that, apart from financial issues, one third of Thai women prefer Farang , and she was one of the.

I assume the reason was that living with me in an expat Farang community she experienced and sensed how much most Farang deep down inside despise Thais , consider them dumb, racist, mercenary,lazy, selfish jerks.

Wow, no wonder she's your ex.

I have read all of these comments and laugh. I have lived here 12 years, single, dating, and I still don't understand what is going on around here. There is no generalization that can be made. Period. I have had very rich girlfriends, and very poor ones. They all think differently. I can only agree that they will all take a Thai man over a foreigner if he is rich enough and if he will take them. Usually the best Thai men do not want them, that is why they go out with foreigners.

As i said before I am 60 I have a Thai wife She is 53 not 23 like some guys have She is good in bed, Great cook, Very trusting with money ( Most important) Looks after herself 58 kilos guys not bad hey, Good looking, Easy to get on with, Loves to have fun, Has her business, My family love her to bits, Has her own business and is a good worker ( rare for Thais to be good workers) Compared to my first fat lazy big mouth and no help from me buddy wife i am in heaven so i am a very happy chappy I am sure there are many more guys in Thailand who feel the same as i do Ok there are some bad eggs out there but you get that in every country  Just make a good decision if you fancy one  and things will be ok

Archived