Two brothers drowned in a fatal car plunge into a canal

webfact

Two brothers drowned in a fatal car plunge into a canal

By Thai PBS

car1.jpg

Two brothers drowned when a car in which they were travelling plunged upside down into a roadside irrigation canal in Damnoen Saduak district of Ratchaburi on Sunday night.

The two victims were identified by police as Kachornsak sae Tae, 35, and Apirat sae Tae, 25.  Their bodies were found trapped inside the half-sunken Honda car.

The tragic incident was known on Monday morning (Jan 1) when a passerby saw the car in the canal and alerted the district police.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-brothers-drowned-fatal-car-plunge-canal/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-01-02

Fantastic belive in the reason for this "accident" as well as others.

"She also noted that the scene of the accident was a curve road and it was also dark, so the driver might have missed the road and plunged into the canal."
And that is something that naturally happens with proper lights on a car and a driver that really knows how to drive without the influence of alcohol or other drugs?

You just suddenly miss the road, because it turns, right?

The water would kill them even if they didn't drown.

I recall (maybe 8 - 10 years ago?) a teenage pop star ran into a canal but didn't drown. He died of an infection from the canal water a few weeks later.

Driving is dangerous everywhere, moreso on smaller country roads, even when you think you know them. Everything changes in a moment. You blow a tire on the bike doing 90 on a major highway, you go down.o A car crosses to lanes then clips you twice, you go down. It takes years of experience and a lot of luck surviveing on Thai roads, even when a foreiger is obeying all the rules. Cars, bikes, animals, rodents and people coming at you from every direction. To a new year of safe and sober driving.

3 hours ago, jaywalker said:

The water would kill them even if they didn't drown.

I recall (maybe 8 - 10 years ago?) a teenage pop star ran into a canal but didn't drown. He died of an infection from the canal water a few weeks later.

i took the klong once from the mall bangkapi to tonglor. got a bit of the water in my mouth from another boat going past, was rinsing my mouth out with mouth wash for days. that water is nasty. luckily i didn't get ill

Wonder if the windshield was as dark as the side windows?

I can't help but wonder how many times the dark tint contributes to accidents at night.  I know that I often roll down my side windows at night because the tint is too dark for my preference.  Especially with all the scooters, pedestrians and others sharing the road with no lights.

45 minutes ago, Get Real said:

No, not at all. This was an off road accident.

Agree , Get Real , death caused by drowning , nothing to do with brake fail or driving under the influence into another car on the wrong side of the road. One wonders if others are in canals waiting to be found.

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Agree , Get Real , death caused by drowning , nothing to do with brake fail or driving under the influence into another car on the wrong side of the road. One wonders if others are in canals waiting to be found.

Right! :laugh:

Archived