British tourists in Hua Hin throw punches in nasty brawl minutes after seeing in the New Year

webfact

British tourists throw punches in nasty brawl minutes after seeing in the New Year at Thailand holiday hotspot

The men were seen brawling in the street as locals tried to pull them apart and fellow holiday makers attempt to keep out of the way

h1.jpg

Bar workers begged the men to stop (Image: Newsflare)

Fist were flying between British tourists just seconds after the clock struck to mark the start of 2018.

The men were seen brawling in the street as locals tried to pull them apart and fellow holidaymakers attempted to keep out of the way.

A video caught the moment a British man fell to the floor after wrestling with a man in the road.

The man, wearing shorts and a shirt, rolled around in broken glass on the floor, before jumping back up and headed back towards the scrum.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/british-tourists-throw-punches-nasty-11780140

-- Mirror 2018-01-02

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Why is it always the Brits., they need to stay home if they can't control themselves in public.

I was going to say that this is an excellent New Year's present for the Brit bashing posters, but it started before I could post after my early morning walk ! :clap2:

Just now, Thaiwrath said:

I was going to say that this is an excellent New Year's present for the Brit bashing posters, but it started before I could post after my early morning walk ! :clap2:

And I'm even a Brit!

8 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Well, a delusional one, if you think it is always the Brits.

Either that, or a newbie to Thailand.

I've been here since 2004, I used to post on this forum as chiang mai.

Have to say, every time I see one of these "news bulletins" it's always the Brits, always.

EDIT TO ADD: I ask you, do you ever read that a bunch of Americans or Europeans were caught brawling in the bar area at midnight, I never do?

12 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

EDIT TO ADD: I ask you, do you ever read that a bunch of Americans or Europeans were caught brawling in the bar area at midnight, I never do?

Americans just shoot each other. And I'm American aka 'Murikan.

1 hour ago, isaanbanhou said:

You can take the lad out of Bolton but you can't take Bolton out of the lad.  New Years Eve in a hostess club, some people aspire to great things

Ehh by eck lad whys tha making fun of Bolton folk?

Sad fact is many UK blokes go on holiday just to get p+++ed and create havoc.

I see two drunken idiots falling around trying to fight, the headline makes it sound like there was a riot

Personally I would label this as one of the much talked about "false news" stories we are exposed to more and more

Is there nothing more important to report than this garbage "non news"

seriously

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

Have to say, every time I see one of these "news bulletins" it's always the Brits, always.

maybe they were not Brits, just because most Europeans speak English you may well find they just thought they were  Brits cos they herd the English language being spoken.

First the loosing of face spending New Year in a hostess bar. Then showing off in the streets again. Go Britons, go! These guys is the perfect example of how to act like a total respectless a##hole in a foreign country. Let them stand as an example for low quality tourists, as I sincerely hope they are. God help us, if they are on long stay. I would suggest deportation.

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Why is it always the Brits., they need to stay home if they can't control themselves in public.

It's not always the Brits, sometimes it's the Aussies. I can get along quite well without either one of those lot. Very rarely have I met one in whose company I wished to stay.

It might have something to do with the fact that the report was from a British newspaper!

Maybe newspapers from other countries don't report what their natives get up to in Thailand.

1 minute ago, Cereal said:

It's not always the Brits, sometimes it's the Aussies. I can get along quite well without either one of those lot. Very rarely have I met one in whose company I wished to stay.

I have just checked with my fellow Brits and our Australians friends and they say the feeling is mutual.

Just now, billrose said:

It might have something to do with the fact that the report was from a British newspaper!

Maybe newspapers from other countries don't report what their natives get up to in Thailand.

A plausible answer, maybe those newspapers have better things to report.

THAI STREET BRAWL 

‘Boozed-up Brits’ filmed fighting in Thailand party paradise on New Year’s Eve

A fight broke out amongst the holidaymakers who were ringing in the New Year in the resort of Hua Hin.

BRITS in Thailand brawled into 2018 with punches flying between two groups of UK revellers in the Far Eastern country.

A fight broke out amongst the holidaymakers who were ringing in the New Year in the resort of Hua Hin.

The fists flew just minutes after the clocks struck 12am in the country and the group had to be separated by locals and other tourists.

At one point during the bust up one of the tourists was thrown to the ground by another member of the group after wrestling with him.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5248416/thailand-new-years-eve-party-brits-fight-video/

-- THE SUN 2018-01-02

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

You obviously have developed selective reading abilities to make such a statement and made yourself look a right plonker by saying 'never'...... if you had said 'hardly ever'... you might have gotten away with it, instead you're showing yourself to be quite the drama queen.

Just now, darren84310 said:

You obviously have developed selective reading abilities to make such a statement and made yourself look a right plonker by saying 'never'...... if you had said 'hardly ever'... you might have gotten away with it, instead you're showing yourself to be quite the drama queen.

Never, it's always Brits, that's all "I" ever see reported, I, me, not anyone else, me!

Now, talking about being a plonker!

A couple of punches thrown and it's news all over the world - and people like you are taken in hook,line and sinker - that's why.

Why don't you read the Mirror article and see the much more serious fighting by Ozzie school leavers and get back to us?

57 minutes ago, catman20 said:

maybe they were not Brits, just because most Europeans speak English you may well find they just thought they were  Brits cos they herd the English language being spoken.

Likely why brawling Scots never get reported in the news....

Archived