British tourists in Hua Hin throw punches in nasty brawl minutes after seeing in the New Year

webfact

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Why is it always the Brits., they need to stay home if they can't control themselves in public.

yeah well, i didn't see any brits in silly leather vests dealing drugs and murdering a guy or cutting up a thai family did you? we must be living in different places. where are you from simoh, just so i can point you in the direction of your fine people

3 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

yeah well, i didn't see any brits in silly leather vests dealing drugs and murdering a guy or cutting up a thai family did you? we must be living in different places. where are you from simoh, just so i can point you in the direction of your fine people

If you'd have read the thread you would know I'm a Brit.

Just now, Happy enough said:

it's a shame you hate brits so much then mate. 1% of them are idiots the rest are fine, like any other country

I don't hate Brits., that would be illogical, I merely questioned why it's always Brits that are the subject of these news reports in Thailand, the ones that I read.

First of all, I'm not British, but this is obviously a "Brit-bashing" at it''s best. A fight is a fight, and this could have been ANY nationalities. There are a lot of better things to look at on New Years Eve night than a simple fight in the street. Want bashing? Let's look at the Thai Police Force!!!!!

3 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

Brits from “up north”! Usual brain dead piss head culprits

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Whereas all Brits in the South have elevated IQ's, never drink and are all sweetness and light!

Really!

Just now, simoh1490 said:

I don't hate Brits., that would be illogical, I merely questioned why it's always Brits that are the subject of these news reports in Thailand, the ones that I read.

plenty of other nationalities get up to mischief. the headline, mass brawl is laughable. they could hardly walk never mind fight.

2 minutes ago, pattayadon said:

First of all, I'm not British, but this is obviously a "Brit-bashing" at it''s best. A fight is a fight, and this could have been ANY nationalities. There are a lot of better things to look at on New Years Eve night than a simple fight in the street. Want bashing? Let's look at the Thai Police Force!!!!!

It could have been any nationality, except the title of the thread says "British" and the article itself describes "British", apart from those two small points you're right, they could be any nationality!

Sounds like a lot more fun than the Khon Kaen "teetotaler" fire works .....not a beer to be found near the Central Plaza celebrations....  Bars and pubs were hopping, but concerts were beer vendor free....:passifier:   Fireworks were great, but not a good time....

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

plenty of other nationalities get up to mischief. the headline, mass brawl is laughable. they could hardly walk never mind fight.

Pissy little fight hardly worth stepping around. The biggest Brit bashers are British newspapers.

To be truthful, if this was the only incident that happened in Thailand, being reported by foreign media at New Year then it was indeed a very well behaved New Year all round.

Regardless of whoever was throwing the punches. Over-reporting on events like this does nothing but increase sales and leads to negative comments as to why these two spat the dummies and threw their teddies out of the pram. IMO of course.

3 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I've been here since 2004, I used to post on this forum as chiang mai.

Have to say, every time I see one of these "news bulletins" it's always the Brits, always.

EDIT TO ADD: I ask you, do you ever read that a bunch of Americans or Europeans were caught brawling in the bar area at midnight, I never do?

Why  isn't anyone talking about the Aussies?  :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I see a small punch up between 2-3 people, no nasty brawl.  No evidence that 'locals' were trying to break it up, in my experience they normally exacerbate the situation anyway.  No evidence that the protagonists were Brits.  This is bullsh*t reporting, by a British tabloid newspaper, that I wouldn't read if it was the last newspaper on earth.  One that I would have reservations even using for wrapping fish and chips in.

Of course, it does give the 'Brit Bashers' some more spurious and manufactured opportunities to do exactly that.  Get a life and the same to the Daily Mirror.   

3 hours ago, smedly said:

I see two drunken idiots falling around trying to fight, the headline makes it sound like there was a riot

Personally I would label this as one of the much talked about "false news" stories we are exposed to more and more

Is there nothing more important to report than this garbage "non news"

seriously

Yes looks a bit more like handbags at dawn?

4 hours ago, davethailand said:

It isn't always the brits but its a shame that some brits abroad on holiday are total dickheads.

Didn't look that nasty to be honest, seen much worse, almost a nightly thing when I lived out there.

:)

You are right, it's not only the Brits. Unfortunately, very much so, quite a few expatriates, tourists and residents, behave in a way that they would never do at home. As far as they are concerned Thailand is a place, where they can behave as they feel like and do things they would never dare do in their home country. I am an expatriate myself and I must admit that sometimes I feel embarrassed to be one.

3 hours ago, catman20 said:

maybe they were not Brits, just because most Europeans speak English you may well find they just thought they were  Brits cos they herd the English language being spoken.

Indeed. Most Europeans speak better English than the Brits.

This was no big brawl, i was about 50m away from the fracas watching a few street fireworks and didn't even see it.

There's no glass on the road that's glitter from aerosols that many had, lots of spray string too.

People may not know but there was actually a well known undercover policeman in the video who didn't see a need to get involved, maybe tha'ts no surprise.

Dickheads fighting yes but no major incident. 

Archived