British tourists in Hua Hin throw punches in nasty brawl minutes after seeing in the New Year

webfact

Everyone is missing the point.  This was a non-event and was sensationalised by the British media after some numpty called the papers and dressed up this 'one punch/shove' altercation.  It lasted a minute and was not noticed by people quite close by.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/01/2018 at 5:22 AM, mitsubishi said:

True but that's down to them not being kept in line by their officers, who preferred to let them behave in such a fashion than mold them into decent gentlemen soldiers.

HOWEVER, from about 1850 to 1914 they were probably the best, high grade and generally decent fighting force on the planet. 

Nowadays, since the 'genius-tier' government scrapped national service in 1960 for a tiny volunteer army, Brits haven't got the pride anymore and you get them diverted into being idiots overseas (in general). I think most other Euro-countries have their young taken care of better.

Now it's back to basics again morally alas.

You are once again talking through your big arse.....any soldier from any country behave the the same way after the have spent months being regulated by their superiors....they "let off steam" there are many many stories in the history books going back to Roman times....the Brits being worst is only in your head Mr Mitsubishi.... the car unlike you is quite a decent product :-)

On 1/2/2018 at 2:43 PM, berybert said:

Stop being a whinging snowflake.

I will go out tonight or maybe tomorrow night and I wont give a flying **** that 2 Brits got into a fight on NYE and I doubt any of the Thai people I see drinking will mention it either.

I see a group of teen kids walk towards me any time of day or night here and don't give it a second thought, even if I have just read a story that very day about 8 Thai teenagers hacking a disabled trader to death with machetes.

Once you lose the reason to be able to think for yourself, there is little reason to be.

Not sure I can extract any intelligent thought from what you wrote but hey ho...whatever. Guess you like people smashing the hell out of each other, or feel its part of life. Personally I think it degrades us as humans and it is not something I will ever just accept. Maybe if it was you getting bashed up, you may think differently. Each to their own. Having seen people die due toi violence, I am not one who adheres to it.

A Nasty brawl  ???? you got two people cuddling each other that can't decide if they want a F@#k or a fight, and one coward that sneak punches a guy, and he jumped straight back up. 

you will see nastier brawls is a school yard, this is media hype and that is all.

As far as it being British maybe, it wouldn't surprise me Brits abroad drinking are only surpassed in bad behaviour by Aussies.  I am English and lived in Australia for many years before living here and having worked nightclub doors in both country's I think I am qualified to comment

Not sure I can extract any intelligent thought from what you wrote but hey ho...whatever. Guess you like people smashing the hell out of each other, or feel its part of life. Personally I think it degrades us as humans and it is not something I will ever just accept. Maybe if it was you getting bashed up, you may think differently. Each to their own. Having seen people die due toi violence, I am not one who adheres to it.

This is insane no-one the hell smashed out of them,  no-one got bashed up just silly little boys bristling and yes I have seen my share of death due to violence.  If tis had happened in school yard the worst they would get is detention HaHa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 9:44 AM, hammond said:

This is insane no-one the hell smashed out of them,  no-one got bashed up just silly little boys bristling and yes I have seen my share of death due to violence.  If tis had happened in school yard the worst they would get is detention HaHa.

It is unnecessary and uncivilized. Don't disagree with the fact they are silly little boys but someone can get killed when silly little boys behave like this. Does not wash with me at all.

3 hours ago, davidcc said:

It is unnecessary and uncivilized. Don't disagree with the fact they are silly little boys but someone can get killed when silly little boys behave like this. Does not wash with me at all.

This was hardly news at New Year,  yet here we go 6 weeks further on still debating a half hearted punch up. Is it not about time this thread was CLOSED ? i.e.:mfr_closed1: 

Archived