British tourists in Hua Hin throw punches in nasty brawl minutes after seeing in the New Year

webfact

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Card said:

A couple of punches thrown and it's news all over the world - and people like you are taken in hook,line and sinker - that's why.

Why don't you read the Mirror article and see the much more serious fighting by Ozzie school leavers and get back to us?

It'll snow in h*ll before I read The Mirror.

22 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

I thought a brawl is many more than 2 people? 

Sounds like only a dispute....

An altercation yes , a bit like 2 ninety year grannies fighting over the last crisp in the packet on  a saturday night in Dudley:coffee1:

2 hours ago, quandow said:

Americans just shoot each other. And I'm American aka 'Murikan.

Not while abroad they don't as no access to firearms makes that almost impossible. Quite a good argument for gun control I'd say.

“A pint and a fight” is the Brit mentality especially in Hua Hin.

I’ve seen this kinda behavior there and not just on New Years. A father whose kid was criticized by a teacher at a international school in HH was ready to fight and he wasn’t drinking. Crazy! 

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Ehh by eck lad whys tha making fun of Bolton folk?

Sad fact is many UK blokes go on holiday just to get p+++ed and create havoc.

Thas nowt wrong with northern folk they work hard and like to ave a good time

24 minutes ago, malibukid said:

more quality tourist, i do not understand why people  fly 8,000 miles for drink and sex.  more to Thailand than this.  stay home for Christ sakes. 

.....and like you never go back home!

If the brawlers were indeed British, then, yes, the Brits were displaying thuggish behaviour whilst abroad, which, regrettably, is not that uncommon once they have had a few too many.  However, when the article appeared to claim that the locals, presumably meaning Thais, tried to stop the fight and were, therefore, some kind of heroes, that was stretching things just a bit!

To the poster who implied that the fight was more like a sissy brawl than anything serious, I would suggest that any one of those bare knuckle blows could have caused one of the combatants to lose an eye, or even worse, to die if hitting his head on the pavement when falling.  Still safer, of course, than using guns or knives.

2 hours ago, smedly said:

I see two drunken idiots falling around trying to fight, the headline makes it sound like there was a riot

Personally I would label this as one of the much talked about "false news" stories we are exposed to more and more

Is there nothing more important to report than this garbage "non news"

seriously

Agreed.  Exaggeration in articles is everywhere, whether it is a forum or many  international news sites. The crazy thing is that many people don't look past the headlines and jump to false conclusions as a result. Some of the exaggerations are to increase traffic to monetised websites, other exaggerations and false stories have a more sinister agenda...

3 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Why is it always the Brits., they need to stay home if they can't control themselves in public.

i think you'll find the brits have been pretty quiet this last quarter as pointed out in another thread but i knew some clowns would do something stupid, although that goes into january. i'll keep a tab an update you as to which nationality wins arse hole of the month. the dutch won the whole of last year. some pansy brit fight hardly registers

I live in Hua Hin. This is the same area where the UK woman was beaten up by Thai gangs and the video went viral all around the world.

And the same area where the Hua Hin bombing occurred and a Thai woman was killed.

The police have been closing the Binabaht area at about 00:15 the last few days because the police don't want more negative news coming out of Hua Hin.

You can see the women in the bars trying to get them to stop because they know all the bars will be closed down for the night if these two drunk morons are allowed to continue.

The biggest "culture shock" I experienced moving to Thailand was the extremely low class farangs you see everywhere in Thailand. 

And it is very telling that many TV people comment here how this is common place in their town back home.

6 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I live in Hua Hin. This is the same area where the UK woman was beaten up by Thai gangs and the video went viral all around the world.

And the same area where the Hua Hin bombing occurred and a Thai woman was killed.

The police have been closing the Binabaht area at about 00:15 the last few days because the police don't want more negative news coming out of Hua Hin.

You can see the women in the bars trying to get them to stop because they know all the bars will be closed down for the night if these two drunk morons are allowed to continue.

The biggest "culture shock" I experienced moving to Thailand was the extremely low class farangs you see everywhere in Thailand. 

And it is very telling that many TV people comment here how this is common place in their town back home.

seems to be common place in your home town mate 5555

Archived