British tourists in Hua Hin throw punches in nasty brawl minutes after seeing in the New Year

webfact

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

You can take the lad out of Bolton but you can't take Bolton out of the lad.  New Years Eve in a hostess club, some people aspire to great things

That Micheal Bolton gets around a bit.... now we know what he was really doing in Thailand. 

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

What's that supposed to mean? 

I was commenting on someone else's post re the numbers involved.  What's your perceived seriousness of the brawl got to do with that?

Can't you work it out, it's not that difficult. 

Who cares what nationality they are. They are  unable to hold their alcohol and seemingly not be able to behave like adults. Some men,  have a deep sense of inadequacy within themselves. A lack of self pride. Most are not tough and would lose in any street brawl. But they are cowards and bullies. Always picking on people who they know either do not like to fight, or are not tough looking. People should name and shame them all over the internet. Show them up for the immature prats they truly are. Idiots of the highest level who spoil it for everyone else. It is pathetic to see grown men acting like teenagers who can not hold their beer and have to get nasty. I think the majority of people of all ages look on it with disgust and contempt. What total losers that they come all this way on holiday and can not enjoy themselves without losing their temper and scrapping. They have no idea where they are or how dangerous their behavior can be. SE Asia is not Europe and it is easy to be the victim of harsh justice if you pick on the wrong person. Grow up and my advice is leave us alone. Because we the majority can't stand you. We think your idiots. Morons.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Can you read? If so then you'll note the article also refers to a mass brawl in Bali by Australian youths. 

Hold up B.B.... those “Australian” youths were British stock, thru and thru... so that one doesn’t count. ???

6 hours ago, billrose said:

It might have something to do with the fact that the report was from a British newspaper!

Maybe newspapers from other countries don't report what their natives get up to in Thailand.

Are you trying to say that brittish newspapers are outstanding for good reporting, or are you just to confused to realize what media does for a living? 

5 minutes ago, Kenegg said:

I suppose it will aways be us Brits coz of Brexit lol... we are all bad people....

Hey....it sells newspapers and incites legions of Victor Meldrews to hold forth and spray spittle all over their computer screens..

The flog 'em,stake 'em,execute 'em and then black list them brigade...:passifier:

32 minutes ago, davidcc said:

Who cares what nationality they are. They are  unable to hold their alcohol and seemingly not be able to behave like adults. Some men,  have a deep sense of inadequacy within themselves. A lack of self pride. Most are not tough and would lose in any street brawl. But they are cowards and bullies. Always picking on people who they know either do not like to fight, or are not tough looking. People should name and shame them all over the internet. Show them up for the immature prats they truly are. Idiots of the highest level who spoil it for everyone else. It is pathetic to see grown men acting like teenagers who can not hold their beer and have to get nasty. I think the majority of people of all ages look on it with disgust and contempt. What total losers that they come all this way on holiday and can not enjoy themselves without losing their temper and scrapping. They have no idea where they are or how dangerous their behavior can be. SE Asia is not Europe and it is easy to be the victim of harsh justice if you pick on the wrong person. Grow up and my advice is leave us alone. Because we the majority can't stand you. We think your idiots. Morons.

Stop being a whinging snowflake.

I will go out tonight or maybe tomorrow night and I wont give a flying **** that 2 Brits got into a fight on NYE and I doubt any of the Thai people I see drinking will mention it either.

I see a group of teen kids walk towards me any time of day or night here and don't give it a second thought, even if I have just read a story that very day about 8 Thai teenagers hacking a disabled trader to death with machetes.

Once you lose the reason to be able to think for yourself, there is little reason to be.

6 hours ago, Cereal said:

It's not always the Brits, sometimes it's the Aussies. I can get along quite well without either one of those lot. Very rarely have I met one in whose company I wished to stay.

Obviously you were picking up on their body language, which seems to have been telling you to *&$# $f* (or.... please go away and leave us alone)

Historically, your British common soldier always behaved like a Neanderthal while abroad; read about them during the Peninsular War or in the C19th on the subcontinent. Without decent leadership they invariably lost control of themselves to drink and their ridiculous, overweening sense of their own masculinity. Modern times may have brought mass tourism, but the British male has learned neither good behaviour nor how better to hold his liquor. 

3 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Obviously you were picking up on their body language, which seems to have been telling you to *&$# $f* (or.... please go away and leave us alone)

Ha..ha..yeah-take a powder ya drongo may be the most polite way of :post-4641-1156693976:describing the body language...

5 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Historically, your British common soldier always behaved like a Neanderthal while abroad; read about them during the Peninsular War or in the C19th on the subcontinent. Without decent leadership they invariably lost control of themselves to drink and their ridiculous, overweening sense of their own masculinity. Modern times may have brought mass tourism, but the British male has learned neither good behaviour nor how better to hold his liquor. 

PerkinsCuthbert, Sounds like your men deserted you.

3 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Now...I wonder how the Russians may have described the Germans in that great big stoush  in the middle years of the last century...

Or the Vietnamese...describing the American addiction to napalm,cluster bombs and Agent Orange.

Yep-gentlemanly types..

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

Now...I wonder how the Russians may have described the Germans in that great big stoush  in the middle years of the last century...

Or the Vietnamese...describing the American addiction to napalm,cluster bombs and Agent Orange.

Yep-gentlemanly types..

Napalm and  drunken brit hooligans brawling in the streets have very little in common

Brits already heading towards the odd marginalised people of Europe post  Brexit vote; sterling dropping, high prices, squeezed wages and pensions, jobs going back to continent, staff shortages as EU workers go and tax revenues threatened. The Brexit bulldog tabloids like Mail and Sun typify a declining nation leaving 500 million other Europeans. 

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Actually, it has a lot more to do with UK supermarkets selling high-% ABV cans of cheap lager and cider on 2-for-1 specials in the afternoon. The pubs are empty most weekend evening because the young and the gormless are back in their council flat getting wiped out on cheap booze BEFORE going out on the ran dan.

Regrettably, that is absolutely true

9 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Why is it always the Brits., they need to stay home if they can't control themselves in public.

There was a survey (poll) in a British newspaper some years back about what Brits looks forward to during a vacation; I was amazed to see that young British men rather looked forward to a fight, than dreaming of a holiday romance (sex, it said in the survey). I cannot easily Google it, so I'll not mention the percentages by memory.

However an academic study from 2008 showed up about young Brits, German and Spanish holidaying, where 11.6% of Brits where involved in a fight, whilst it was only 4.8% for Germans and 1.7% among Spanish. Not surprising young males were the vast majority.

A more recently published article from 2015 (available both in The Sun and in Daily Mail, however the latter I don't link to, as it's only accessable via VPN) says that young Brits prefer culture more than sex and nightlife, when travelling abroad; i.e. "No sex please, we're British"...:wink:

9 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I've been here since 2004, I used to post on this forum as chiang mai.

Have to say, every time I see one of these "news bulletins" it's always the Brits, always.

EDIT TO ADD: I ask you, do you ever read that a bunch of Americans or Europeans were caught brawling in the bar area at midnight, I never do?

There are Russian and Eurothugs too

24 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Funnily enough, I recently read a translated journal of a Frenchman, who accompanied many “Brits” on a campaign.

he noted that in as little as one generation, the “Brits” had descended into barbarism.... the campaign... circa 1100 crusades

that said.... any soldier abroad (to fight) generally behaves like a Neanderthal... it’s called aggression, and is a prerequisite for a successful soldier. (Admittedly, flashbangs are easier than maintaining a rage... but you get the point) 

your comment regards loss of control (during historical battles) is applicable to all armies without good leadership... even, at times, with good leadership (pillaging being a right of war, historically), and is in no way unique to the British army

British young men when they go out to bars and nightclubs regularly fight in the UK, it has happened in the UK many times every night in the UK since time in the UK began. 

I don't know the reason why so many young British men fight across towns and cities in the UK, but they fight all across the UK!

Unfortunately these UK fighters have passports sometimes, and like to swap the scenery of a female British ladies chest in a dodgy nightclub for a more exotic chest! :-):shock1:

Archived