British tourists in Hua Hin throw punches in nasty brawl minutes after seeing in the New Year

webfact

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I was goinginto say that this is an excelle nt New Year's present for the Brit bashing posters, but it started before I could post after my early morning walk ! :clap2:

The Brits saved the Australians from the TV mauling.  Those damned Australians, descended from convict stock, so we should expect no better from them, but the Brits......

But then there's the cricket, Aust 3, England  0, with one drawn.  Cook was the shining light for England In the 4th, another (former) Captain Cook wreaking havoc on our shores..

On 1/2/2018 at 6:02 AM, isaanbanhou said:

You can take the lad out of Bolton but you can't take Bolton out of the lad.  New Years Eve in a hostess club, some people aspire to great things

Living in Bolton, and supporting their football team, life would be frustrating!

On 1/2/2018 at 8:57 AM, malibukid said:

more quality tourist, i do not understand why people  fly 8,000 miles for drink and sex.  more to Thailand than this.  stay home for Christ sakes. 

Because that's all they know. Such people operate at a low level of consciousness, and they barely are even aware of what they are doing half of the time. Of course they don't seek out cultural exploration, and to broaden their horizons by immersing themselves into a different way of life; they immerse themselves into the bottom of many a pint glass and let that take them wherever it may. 

5 hours ago, jamesmacleod said:

I'm British and I don't mind Brit bashing, mainly due to the fact that British collectively can be bashed for many things!  

I'm British too, and I used to be quite the party animal back in my teens / early 20s. I didn't used to get into brawls though. But every culture has it's downsides and negative aspects to it. We Brits aren't all that bad collectively, it could be far worse I guess. 

I notice all the reporting uses the British newspapers as a source.  If ever there was any ridiculous reporting then this is it.  The 'brawl' didn't even make local gossip.  A couple of oldies giving each other a push.  I've seen far worse between a couple of old biddies at a jumble sale.

This was hardly a fight never mind a 'brawl'.  

The 'anonymous' video taker called all the newspapers, dressed up the story and probably made a little money.

Absolutely stupid report of a 'storm in a teacup'

23 hours ago, berybert said:

Whilst the Thais just get hammered, then jump in their cars and off to kill as many people as they can before the car stops.

Why do so many people think a country like Thailand expects to only have high class people visiting it. Thailand gets a lot of trash because it gets what it deserves. 

I like this post, and it is SO TRUE!

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:21 AM, simoh1490 said:

Never, it's always Brits, that's all "I" ever see reported, I, me, not anyone else, me!

Now, talking about being a plonker!

Why is it everyone else can see fighting stories in the news by other nationalities...... when you're in a hole it's best to stop digging.

It’s always the Poms,they give all the other farangs a bad name.i think every Pom that enters the kingdom should pay 1000 baht levy because they waste the police time.Why can’t they behave like the Aussies. Everywhere I go in Thailand the Aussies are spoken so high of.Comon you Poms make it a New Years resolution and try and be like the Aussies!

14 minutes ago, KonKorat said:

It’s always the Poms,they give all the other farangs a bad name.i think every Pom that enters the kingdom should pay 1000 baht levy because they waste the police time.Why can’t they behave like the Aussies. Everywhere I go in Thailand the Aussies are spoken so high of.Comon you Poms make it a New Years resolution and try and be like the Aussies!

Just for the record, there were a young Aussie couple outside my apartment last night, calling each other all the names under the sun, then they began pushing each other and blows were exchanged and the police came . 

No one was there to film it , so it didnt make the media

Haha that’s so funny you Aussies are Basically Brits with a funny accents many of you descended from the worst of the worst Britain produced. See everyone can make derogatory remarks about a whole nationality but truth is people are people regardless of where they are from and mix that with too much alcohol and personal issues and £hit will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Let's not mention the Ozzy pedos that have been reported.

As for this 'brawl', it's been said by many and close up witnesses that it was a storm in a teacup with a couple of guys giving each other a push which wasn't even noticed by people close to the scene.  Note that all the reporting here is from the UK press.  Some guy contacted all the Brit papers, dressed up the incident and the newspapers took hearsay as a credible story.  Now the credibility of these newspapers have taken a big hit.

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

My rant is why in Hua Hin?  I like to holiday in Hua Hin , Jomtien, Kata Beach in

Phuket, should have been in Pattaya, as I was robbed and almost killed

there so I do not visit Pattaya anymore,

Geezer

How many Geeza got you? If they were Thais they hunt in packs of 6 Like  a pack of wolves

4 hours ago, KonKorat said:

I see you have thrown out the bait now see how many reactions you get  Good luck 

The history of Australia may have started with British convicts, and other

uncouth people, but I think that many others have since tired of the UKs Winters

and ventured south to live there since that time. I do like the Aussie accent and

their attitudes are different than many of the Brits, Scots, Irish and others

that live in the British Isles. The Brits are a mix as well, and the fighters are

just drunk and not able to handle their anger with being too drunk and all.

Happy New Year, now sober up and enjoy the rest of your vacations.

Geezer

16 hours ago, speedtripler said:

Anything stronger than tea and crumpets and they lose their bloody minds.... :smile:

Oh Please.....Cream Teas, Crumpets are for those riff raff types :saai:.....

On 1/2/2018 at 7:54 AM, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Historically, your British common soldier always behaved like a Neanderthal while abroad; read about them during the Peninsular War or in the C19th on the subcontinent. Without decent leadership they invariably lost control of themselves to drink and their ridiculous, overweening sense of their own masculinity. Modern times may have brought mass tourism, but the British male has learned neither good behaviour nor how better to hold his liquor. 

True but that's down to them not being kept in line by their officers, who preferred to let them behave in such a fashion than mold them into decent gentlemen soldiers.

HOWEVER, from about 1850 to 1914 they were probably the best, high grade and generally decent fighting force on the planet. 

Nowadays, since the 'genius-tier' government scrapped national service in 1960 for a tiny volunteer army, Brits haven't got the pride anymore and you get them diverted into being idiots overseas (in general). I think most other Euro-countries have their young taken care of better.

Now it's back to basics again morally alas.

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:50 AM, KonKorat said:

Aussies are aggressive, rude,arrogant,and I've never met a nice one,that includes in Australia and that includes females.

Archived