Border hop at Mukdahan with Non O Multiple Entry - any recent experiences?

I have asked a pretty similar question 6 months ago but wanted to see if anybody has more recent information or experiences.

I will be near Mukdahan again during the next two weeks but have no time to spend in Savannakhet. So I was thinking about just doing a quick hop across the border and return with the next bus across the bridge to Mukdahan.

I have a NON O Multiple Entry based on marriage and would like to activate my next entry.

Any problems to expect if I stay in Laos only for a couple of minutes?

Edited by vi2004

I did it in December,  absolutely no problems. The only hassle your going to suffer is the bus over and back. These day’s I don’t use them and prefer the services of a trusted driver who does all the running about for me.

This costs more but I’m out of the place in less than an hour.

Don’t forget the photograph for the Lao side and if your doing this route every 90 day’s like me ask for some additional forms, cuts down on the time.

• Thanks 1

Thank you everybody.

Yes, the bus sucks and by taking the bus you are ending up in the waiting line at immigration back on the Thai side with all the others from the bus.
I used a "driver service" once. He spotted me on the Thai side and I agreed. Cannot remember exactly how much it was. 1.200 baht? 

@Paul Laycock1: Does your "trusted driver" also wait at the Thai border? How much was his service?

• 2 weeks later...

Quick feedback: Crossed the border to Savannakhet Laos last Sunday. Used the service of one of the guys waiting at the border. 1.000 baht, very friendly. Whole process took about 40 minutes (which is ok). Most of it due to waiting in a line at the Thai immigration when coming back.