Video: "Disgusting tourists worth a good kicking" - Thais vent frustration on Phuket visitors after trouble at Fuji

webfact

Video: "Disgusting tourists worth a good kicking" - Thais vent frustration on Phuket visitors after trouble at Fuji

2pm.jpg

video screenshot

A video was posted on a popular Phuket Facebook page that showed an altercation between a female tourist and several people outside a Fuji Japanese restaurant.

The video shows a woman seemingly of Eastern European origin arguing with security as a crowd of shoppers gather.

Amid claims that the tourist is drunk the poster of the footage shouts that she hates these people "from this country" who eat then don't pay then even threaten her friend.

The tourist makes threats and aims her own punches as the staff are exhorted not to let her get away with it as they have the evidence.

She is even encouraged to land blows so there is extra evidence.

Before a security woman says police are on their way, the tourist is called a prostitute using the foulest Thai language.

The footage was shared to a fan page for incidents in Phuket by "Kanittha Messa Jaojankaew" who wrote that these tourists were disgusting and worth a good kicking.

She claimed that they had been in a Fuji restaurant where the bill had come to 3,200 baht but they had allegedly refused to pay and were drunk and abusive.

Eventually 3,000 baht was paid by a male in the party, it was claimed.

The poster apologized for her language in the clip but some people making comments on the video said they would not have been so restrained if it was them.

There was no report of the outcome or where the tourists came from.

Source: Facebook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-03

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes ...   but as expected ,  don't enjoy drunk obnoxious farang as customer

No valid reason why any restaurant staff (unless they have cheated a customer in some way) should be hassled by any drunk customers / any nationality.

Just a drunken disagreement about a bill which was settled within a few minutes....no big deal, i think the real issue here is the Thai woman writing "that these tourists were disgusting and worth a good kicking." as well as the other verbal gems uttered by the Thai onlookers!!

11 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

Not by the accent. British or Aussie maybe?

No Aussie and not British, I reckon if I had to guess, they would be from a Scandinavian country, i.e. Denmark, Norway, Finland as the guys were passive, at first I thought Russian, maybe the chick is, as she is agro, but the guys held restraint and wanted to sort it amicably, someone should have helped her down the stairs, but I guess too many tourists around.

Too well dressed for Aussies and British, besides they eat street food...lol

A bit off topic:

Once a Dutch lady, best friend of my sister, invited us (3 persons) to Fuji.

When she received the bill she checked it for minutes until she found an item of 5 Baht (!!!)

which she didn't know what it was. It turned out Fuji was billing 5 Baht for the wasabi.

She insisted to have the 5 Baht removed from the bill. I felt so sorry for the waitress so I gave her a good tip. That wasn't the only time she proved to be very stingy, never gave a tip.

There is a difference between giving the waitress a tip for her service and being overcharged by the restaurant.

5 baht is not much....but the principle upsets many people.  In my  case it may not get a reaction from me at the restaunt (especially with the waitress....maybe I would comment to the owner) but may make me feel negative about the experience and go to other restaurants.

Archived