Video: "Disgusting tourists worth a good kicking" - Thais vent frustration on Phuket visitors after trouble at Fuji

webfact

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

One has to extend a certain degree of sympathy to the NORWEGIAN poster who has-vainly it seems-pointed out several times that they are speaking NORWEGIAN.

I mean to say...how stoopid is that?

How dare he make that judgement call?

He’s just trying to compete with us ! Take your shame somewhere else sir ! ?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I hope you can back that claim up with something other than hot air

This can happen anywhere  And it does  My wife has a resturant 4 Thai guys came in Eat drank very well The bill came to 3,000 baht I saw one get up go and not come back  Then the second one was heading towards his car when i said to the wife i suggest you go over and ask who is paying the bill  I said because he looks like he going to do a runner also He did but she caught up with him and stood in front of the drivers door and would not let him get in car I stayed out of it because as soon as they see Farang it would of got heated. But  she won but after some talking i tell you So it happens in any place no matter what nationality you are Its just the nature of the beast in some people who try to get away with it no matter what nationality you are

3 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

This can happen anywhere  And it does  My wife has a resturant 4 Thai guys came in Eat drank very well The bill came to 3,000 baht I saw one get up go and not come back  Then the second one was heading towards his car when i said to the wife i suggest you go over and ask who is paying the bill  I said because he looks like he going to do a runner also He did but she caught up with him and stood in front of the drivers door and would not let him get in car I stayed out of it because as soon as they see Farang it would of got heated. But  she won but after some talking i tell you So it happens in any place no matter what nationality you are Its just the nature of the beast in some people who try to get away with it no matter what nationality you are

At last, someone with some common sense happyman58

2 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

This thread has totally lost it now too late to be serious my friend

I'm off to watch the Punch and Judy show on the beach

6 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

I find some of the comments from TVF members more embarrassing than many of the subjects in the reports

I guess its easy to become holier than thou once total boredom of living in Isaan finally hits

cheers ?

Walt

Walter read the whole thread mate 

5 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Not by the accent. British or Aussie maybe?

I have listened multiple times and would go as far to say she is not Australian, however the guy in the black baseball cap trying to negotiate the bill down to 2800, seems to have an Australian accent.Irrespective she is a F-wit.

6 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Walter read the whole thread mate 

Im not sure if you mean the whole story or the whole 8 pages of comments, but I read the story/report. My issue is with the same old miserable lot stating the same old carp time after time after time, which reflects the wording in my original post :smile:

6 hours ago, dyertribe said:

Not paying the bill, definitely not on, but calling for them to get a "Good Kicking" (Thai Style I take it) is still not a good look ...

"Good kicking" of course - if they don't have a weapon at hand, they can't punch so kicking en masse (Thai style) will have to do. :coffee1: 

6 minutes ago, FNQ said:

I have listened multiple times and would go as far to say she is not Australian, however the guy in the black baseball cap trying to negotiate the bill down to 2800, seems to have an Australian accent.Irrespective she is a F-wit.

LOL, we are several Norwegians that have replied in this thread already. We hear where they are from....

5 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Not by the accent. British or Aussie maybe?

the baseball cap trying to negotiate the price down to 2.800 sounds Dutch or Polish... 

Never understood why people drink so much that they cannot control themselves .
They probably think they are good company .
Maybe they ran out of money and she needed 400 Baht to buy alka-seltzer or aspirin

I just feel sad after watching this video and then reading the comments here.

The way this woman reacted was nothing new - anywhere under the sun. When I first came here to live there was none of this sort of drunken aggression! BECAUSE . . .  there was no such thing as a telephone with a vid camera or any kind of social media to throw such crap onto.

Of course things like this happened - they do everywhere from time to time and always have done. But today this kind of thing becomes a feeding frenzy, words spoken in anger by just one person become headlines, and the worst aspects of human nature are paraded on the tiny screens of national social media instead of merely entertaining a 5-minute group of passers-by.

The other thing that saddens me? The coarse, foul-mouthed Thai woman being infinitely more despicable than the drunken foreign woman (who remained faintly amusing throughout) - and yet posting this whole clip without the faintest realisation that she was revealing herself as a world-class shit.  

That Thai woman has some real poison in her - unlike the bumbling drunken Scandinavian visitor, and I'm starting to see this kind of hatred more and more - 20 years back we were content not knowing just how much some Thai people hated "us". I guess it's that social media thing again :saai:

Well, the lady (if I can call her that) certainly didn’t cover herself in glory. From what I could hear it sounded like the bill came to 4,000 Baht and the man was arguing it should be 500 Baht less, or something close to that. Having eaten at Fuji restaurants many times, the bill has always been roughly 1,300 for two (and that’s including quite a few dishes), therefore these people must have ordered a hell of a lot of food or booze to get it to 4K. Either way, the men were not causing the aggression here. They were trying to subdue their drunk companion. And yes, she was clearly drunk, no excuses of course. But seriously, people all over the world have disagreements about their food bill, it certainly doesn’t warrant their fellow countrymen wading into the argument and advocating a good kicking Thai style. For the record, I’m not making excuses for this trio; they should have settled their bill and made a point of never visiting a Fuji restaurant again if they were not happy with their prices. Sadly, Thailand doesn’t always attract the quality tourist.

I don't know what it takes to get through to a lot of the members on here or maybe they are as drunk as that NORWEGIAN girl. What it does show is that a lot of bigotry by a lot of members who have a problem accepting the nationality of the girls language recognized by other people from the same country.

1 hour ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Agrees 100%. As a dual Thai citizen, you understand the language, unlike 95% of the posters here.

Yes, and most Thais are usually calm and used to stressed tourists. Most of the Thais I know, try to be helpful, even when the tourist is in the wrong. 

I thought the staff were fantastic. 

Archived