Tony Blair warns British voters: time is running out to stop Brexit folly

webfact

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Oh I did...I really did. 

Which is why I fully comprehend the rules governing the U.K. electoral process. 

I have moved on from that one, try to think a bit quicker with the use of your excellent degree without the need to EDIT and ADD

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Democracies allow

1 hour ago, sambum said:

Sounds like a "Never Ending Story" or a tennis match! You can not be serious!

" 15 all - Blair to serve" !

He should certainly serve........

time

8 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

went into a bookshop at home in UK, biog of Blair was on the highest shelf not in the biog section. When I asked why the owner said he had to put it up there to stop people moving it into the horror section. I said I might buy it and burn it, he agreed that was a good idea!

well, there was a time in Germany that books of famous writers were burning...........will it start in UK now?

8 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The fake, lying politician that ruined the Labour party and forged even greater ties with the UK and the EU through the backdoor, is harping more trash. he should stick to giving speeches in the Middle East and Israel where everyone knows he is a liar. I hope one day he is held to account and stands in the Hague where he belongs. Nobody I know listens to him as his credibility as a politician and of a empathetic human being is non existent.

hmmmh, maybe I'm the only one who listen to him,. Where he is right he is right, no matter what his history might be. Many things changed in the years between 2007 and 2018. And he changed too. Ask yourself if you still tell the bullshit of 12 years ago. I doubt it. Everybody gets more knowledge. And it is doubtless a mistake to leave EU, even old people on this website will deny. Unfortunately the next generation has to fix these mistakes which will cost a fortune (to leave and to get in again)

47 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Let's not forget the reason why the brexit referendum was organised......

A rather clownish PM hoped to hang on to his job thanks to this referendum.

Big Mistake!

No mistake.

Moves from various groups, including ALL of the main British political parties (bar the SNP I think), for a UK referendum regarding EU membership were made in 1993, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015. These moves slowly gained power and momentum over time. That the referendum eventually actually happened should not be a surprise to anyone. 

There was plenty of notice for the UK electorate to have time to consider how they wanted to vote. The referendum result itself shows that a vote was indeed necessary; therefore the reason for the referendum to have finally been held is not the important issue.

Oh, and here's a nice story about Blair and democracy, if you can open it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/04/tony-blairs-bid-manipulate-us-staying-eu-farthest-thing-democracy/

Multiple off topic personal bickering posts have been removed, no one wants to read your personal hijacking of the topic. Keep this up and you will both be going away

5 hours ago, Nurseynutcase said:

I have been wishing for this from day one of the so-called war on WMD.  Bliar is a commensurate liar and should be behind bars - do not know how he has managed to stay out for so long.

Neither do I understand how he has not been asassinated yet.

He did so much damage to the UK, both at home and abroad,  in all spheres.  I am unable to heap enough vitriol on his pathetic head to describe the total antipathy I feel towards this apology for a so-called human being.

He can afford a good lawyer and gets the family discount too.

The fake, lying politician that ruined the Labour party and forged even greater ties with the UK and the EU through the backdoor, is harping more trash. he should stick to giving speeches in the Middle East and Israel where everyone knows he is a liar. I hope one day he is held to account and stands in the Hague where he belongs. Nobody I know listens to him as his credibility as a politician and of a empathetic human being is non existent.

I never liked the blighter either.
IMG_20180104_214638.jpg

Still in regular use all those years on!

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, transam said:

I for one am totally against deals to form a government when there is no winner, but that is allowed instead of holding another election until there is a winner. Brexit had a winner, end of story... 

A government is formed not when there is a 'winner' (ie a single party with an overall majority over all other parties), but when the leader of a party can respond positively to the Crown's question as to whether they can command a majority in Parliament. Not always the same thing. Now referendum do not replace parliamentary democracy though some Brexiteers ugly attempt to do so with Royal Prerogative fortunately failed. Constitutionally Parliament can decide to have a third vote as to whether to be inside/outside the EU if it so wishes (yes, the UK has so far had two to date). Unlikely to happen as both leading parties opposed to do so unless there was a cross-bench alliance which is unlikely right now. The form of Brexit hard/soft still up for play. Blair's intervention argues that Brexit will be a screw-up. Well maybe if there is a hard Brexit, but right now the markets are discounting towards a soft Brexit and with a transitional period to the end of 2020, it might not be blow-out.

10 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

hmmmh, maybe I'm the only one who listen to him,.

I guess that maybe you are the only one

10 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

And it is doubtless a mistake to leave EU,

Well 17.4 million would disagree and I suspect a lot more now. So where did you get the scientific evidence that it is a mistake for leaving the EU. It wouldn't be from the Guardian and Independent newspaper by any chance.

Tony Blair cares about one thing only.... Tony Blair

13 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I suggest that citizens of a democratic country have the right to call for another vote. 

Why do you oppose this so?

Hmm so continue voting till one has the desired result ? a democracy? LOL

1 hour ago, Norvabc said:

Hmm so continue voting till one has the desired result ? a democracy? LOL

Yep. 

People in a democracy have the right to call for votes, especially when the result was close. 

farage intended to. 

There is noting speculative or

17 hours ago, simple1 said:

You're posting misinformation, it is speculative, not a proven fact, from a book written by Michael Wolff.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/03/tony-blair-warned-trump-aides-britain-may-have-spied-election/

This is not misinformation its a quote from The Times, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck its probably a duck, and in Tony's case thats enough

4 minutes ago, johna said:

There is noting speculative or

This is not misinformation its a quote from The Times, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck its probably a duck, and in Tony's case thats enough

So what does Michael Wolff say in his book? "The extract continues: “It was unclear whether the information was rumour, informed conjecture, speculation or solid stuff." Fortunately we have your good self who is able to make a more conclusive evaluation than the author and for that we thank you.

23 hours ago, billd766 said:

What a nasty, sad, money grubbing little man Tony Blair is.

Does he not realise how unpoular he is, and that nobody really cares what he thinks anymore?

exactly right, he's a vile creature, who lied to Parliament and should be is a prison cell.  No one is interested in what he has to say, he's no longer relevant.  On the contrary, people just want to forget about the little shit and the terrible damage he did to our country.

I'm not British, so I do not understand the finer details of British politics.

Can somebody please tell me who IS Blair?

Of course I do know who he WAS, but who IS he?

Does Blair have any weight as a politician these days? Either in the UK or within the Labour party?

Or is he just another have been, hustling for money in the champagne circuit?

Does his opinion count?

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

I'm not British, so I do not understand the finer details of British politics.

Can somebody please tell me who IS Blair?

Of course I do know who he WAS, but who IS he?

Does Blair have any weight as a politician these days? Either in the UK or within the Labour party?

Or is he just another have been, hustling for money in the champagne circuit?

Does his opinion count?

He is despised the length and breadth of the country and frankly, his constant pro europe stance is more likely to turn greater numbers of UK nationals to te pro Brexit.  Even the Labour Party wants nothing to do with him.

Just now, carmine said:

He is despised the length and breadth of the country and frankly, his constant pro europe stance is more likely to turn greater numbers of UK nationals to te pro Brexit.  Even the Labour Party wants nothing to do with him.

Does he hold any formal position within the labour party?

22 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Blair & healthy democracy?

He is right about brexit of course, but so what?

Even the biggest most despicable fool will occasionally say something right. To the embarrasment of those that say that same thing.

If Blair wants to make a statement, let him do it in Den Haag.

As a citizen of a European country, that is your opinion.

Thankfully the British electorate, thought, and still think differently.

Archived