Personal taxi driver

thairick

Hi,my wife and i are looking to retire in mai rim.we have a house in mind and are looking for an english speaking driver that we can call up to pick us up for shopping etc.this will be long

term for a negotiated price.we will be in the mae ream area

Regards rick & gill

As sharktooth advised, Uber would be your best choice.  I would suggest using Uber a few times and in time you will find a driver that you like and meets all your needs.  You may then make a long term deal with him/her on the side outside of the Uber network. 

• 8 months later...

I don't think Thai people would want to be personal taxi driver for one person when there are so many other opportunities for them.

However, you might find an expat friend who is willing to work part-time discreetly.

14 hours ago, EricTh said:

I don't think Thai people would want to be personal taxi driver for one person when there are so many other opportunities for them.

However, you might find an expat friend who is willing to work part-time discreetly.

Our village, which is far south of town, has a Thai husband and wife team that run a casual taxi service mainly to the airport.Most villages have similar.

They dont advertise or broadcast the fact for obvious reasons but you may find someone like that if you ask your around your neighbourhood

5 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Our village, which is far south of town, has a Thai husband and wife team that run a casual taxi service mainly to the airport.Most villages have similar.

They dont advertise or broadcast the fact for obvious reasons but you may find someone like that if you ask your around your neighbourhood

Airport fare profit is bigger than just fetching you anywhere you want to go for shopping like what 'thread owner' wanted. It's a personal driver and NOT public driver which we can use Uber.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, Louleecnx said:

Hi Ricky,

did you managed to find a driver? I would appreciate you sharing any information as I’m looking one myself doing the occasional errands in Mae rim/Mae Teang area. Thank you very much 

hi ,yes we did,his name is noppadol and his phone no. is 0827633744.we have bought a car now but we still use him when we need a drop off,his English is ok,he lives in mae rim,i,m sure he can help.

regards rick.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, EricTh said:

hi,if we give him a days notice he is very happy to pick us up and drop us off.

no worries.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:04 PM, EricTh said:

Airport fare profit is bigger than just fetching you anywhere you want to go for shopping like what 'thread owner' wanted. It's a personal driver and NOT public driver which we can use Uber.

Eric TH The husband and wife "team" that operate from our village have nothing to do with Uber in the past or Grab now.They, being retired,  are available for any local journey and waiting time if necessary.Its a service appreciated by some in our village on a regular basis as apart from calling taxis or tuk tuks we have no other  transport options.

On 9/15/2018 at 6:48 PM, EricTh said:

In CM we often use a Tuk Tuk man, fairly good English, reliable, safe driver.

several times In the past I've given his name and number to farang who have asked TV folks to suggest a drivers name.

Several times the farang have called the driver, however he always says 'sometimes I'm busy with other people I drive casually for or picking up my kids from school, and twice a month booked all day for a temple, so I can't always guarantee I can be available at the exact time you want'.

Further, several times the farang involved have sent me a further message saying 'he can't guarantee...., so does he want business or not'. 

Silly attitude. 

8 hours ago, Ricky haste said:

hi ,yes we did,his name is noppadol and his phone no. is 0827633744.we have bought a car now but we still use him when we need a drop off,his English is ok,he lives in mae rim,i,m sure he can help.

regards rick.

Thank you very much Ricky. I appreciate your generosity. Hope all is well with you at Mae rim

Archived