Clearer Air, No More Haze..

chanchao

Just a month or so ago we were all complaining about the extreme haze and lack of visibility.. But things are looking up with the arrival of some rain, finally. You can almost see the place turn more green on an hourly basis...

And the air is so clear that you can actually see that Chiang Mai is in one big valley, with mountain ranges in all directions.

And you can see Doi Inthanon, 70-100 kms from town depending on how you count. See this picture:

http://srv.fotopages.com/?o=1079408&t=2

And of course Doi Suthep, from the same vantage point on the middle ring road.

http://srv.fotopages.com/?o=1079409&t=2

Cheers,

Chanchao

hi'

right, and I noticed that we are coughing less at night these days since the rain arrived.

it's a lot less dusty ... my wife noticed this for me :o

and above all, kids are feeling a lot better :D

francois

I just returned to Chiang Mai last Sunday after being abroad since the tail-end of March. Remarkable what a difference in air quality some rain makes. It's too bad that the weather pattern here isn't such that we would regularly receive some rain during Ferbruary/March/Apri. The air quality wouldn't become so poor.

On my way out of Thailand at the end of March, I stopped for a couple of days in Bangkok. The Krung Thep air at that time actually seemed clean compared to Chiang Mai, not something that happens too often! :o

I just returned to Chiang Mai last Sunday after being abroad since the tail-end of March.  Remarkable what a difference in air quality some rain makes.  It's too bad that the weather pattern here isn't such that we would regularly receive some rain during Ferbruary/March/Apri.  The air quality wouldn't become so poor.

On my way out of Thailand at the end of March, I stopped for a couple of days in Bangkok.  The Krung Thep air at that time actually seemed clean compared to Chiang Mai, not something that happens too often!  :D

Sure the air in Bkk was cleaner than here in March...A sick thought, isn't it? :o

The only answer is not more rain, but some authorities with Balls.

> Can't connect to those links, chanchao!

Still work for me.. Try again sometime.. Completely agree with your tip about Doi Suthep/Pui. The souvenir village is a bit of a waste of time, but the scenery further up is very nice. Also a little past that viewpoint you get to an interesting but eerie looking ruin of some pagoda or burial thingy. And then later on you get to more villages and stuff. The road is a dirt road there, and then you get to another fork where you can either turn right and go down the mountain there and end up at Huay Thueng THao lake, or go left and get to the Royal Project, and from there you could continue even further on towards the Mae Sa area. That's a long way though. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao