Utapao Airsia flight to where ? Where have you been from Utapao ?

dpdp

Hello,

Any experience about where to go from Utapao airport ?

Maybe China ? Where ?

I do not know where to go but would like to use this airport located near my Pattaya Mia Noi house.

I don't really care visiting tourist spots, I just want a nice hotel and walk in a city or in the country side.

Thank you to tell your experience when flying from Pattaya Utapao airport.

I was at U-Tapao when I was 18 years old. It was a B-52 US Air Force installation owned by The Royal Thai Navy and still is owned by The Royal Thai Navy.

I was there for 6 months from October 5,1972 to March 5,1973. It had 300 B-52s and 150 KC-135 tankers,a few C-130s, and a few F-4 Phantom 2 jets.

Many memories of U-Tapao Royal Thai Naval Airfield as it was called in 1972. We called it UT.

U-Tapao is why I live in Thailand now. 

Everything illegal was super cheap.

There was a bar town called Newland, which changed its name to Freeland, 20 minutes to the right out the main gate. The bargirls had big pins with their VD number on it. You could drive through Banchang in 20 seconds.

Back then the average Thai yearly wage was $435.00 US Dollars.

I have not been back there since then. I live in Chiang Mai, Thailand now.

Back then there was no Pattaya and half of Route 3 or Sukhumvit Road from U-Tapao to Bangkok was dirt.

I will go back to The U-Tapao - Sattahip - Banchang area again in the next 2 years.

7 hours ago, champers said:

I have been to Chiang Mai and will next go to Hat Yai. Of course, both are tourist destinations but without tourists the flights would not be economically viable.

Remember that Hat Yai is off-limits to many expats, as their governments have posted warnings.  This means no insurance cover for starters.

6 hours ago, themerg said:

I was at U-Tapao when I was 18 years old. It was a B-52 US Air Force installation owned by The Royal Thai Navy and still is owned by The Royal Thai Navy.

I was there for 6 months from October 5,1972 to March 5,1973. It had 300 B-52s and 150 KC-135 tankers,a few C-130s, and a few F-4 Phantom 2 jets.

Many memories of U-Tapao Royal Thai Naval Airfield as it was called in 1972. We called it UT.

U-Tapao is why I live in Thailand now. 

Everything illegal was super cheap.

There was a bar town called Newland, which changed its name to Freeland, 20 minutes to the right out the main gate. The bargirls had big pins with their VD number on it. You could drive through Banchang in 20 seconds.

Back then the average Thai yearly wage was $435.00 US Dollars.

I have not been back there since then. I live in Chiang Mai, Thailand now.

Back then there was no Pattaya and half of Route 3 or Sukhumvit Road from U-Tapao to Bangkok was dirt.

I will go back to The U-Tapao - Sattahip - Banchang area again in the next 2 years.

What is a VD number, themerg?

7 hours ago, masuk said:

Remember that Hat Yai is off-limits to many expats, as their governments have posted warnings.  This means no insurance cover for starters.

No what insurance. Expats usually don't have travel insurance and Thai insurances certainly don't exclude Hat Yai. I don't think there will be checks off a domestic flight!

23 hours ago, Thaitoknow said:

Come on a forum to ask a question that could of been answered in 5 seconds on google:saai:

Well if he had gone the online route, you would not have known about his Mia Noi. Makes him somewhat of a hiso, in his own eyes i mean.

• 2 months later...
Come on a forum to ask a question that could of been answered in 5 seconds on google:saai:

Come on a forum to use ‘of’ instead of ‘have’ to prove how clever(?) you are?

I was interested in an answer even if you weren’t. Browsing a forum is a useful way to glean information you don’t necessarily need but might find interesting, rather than search google for something you don’t really need to know anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You can get a flight from Utapao to anywhere in the world - as long as you are on enough watch lists.....the business class lounge is underground but has electricity.

Archived