Small pool hall

Happy New Year everyone. I've been offered a lease on a small pool hall with accomadations. I'm wondering how difficult it is to be a working part of the pool hall ?

I'm recently separated, soon to be divorced, changing my 'marriage extension' to a 'retirement extension'.

Having accomadations onsite and the low operating costs make it very attractive. I want to stay busy.......but don't want to run afoul of the law and lose my opportunity to stay in the Kingdom.

PM's are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Danny

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you want to work you will need a work permit. You will need to get a non-B visa/extension of stay as you cannot get a work permit on a retirement visa/extension of stay. 

To get this the pool hall will need to be set up as a limited company, with 2 million baht of capital and 4 Thai employees paying social fund contributions.

If you want an extension of stay on the basis of working you will need to pay tax and social fund on a minimum salary of 50k per month.

If all that is possible then you can get a work permit for a managerial position, such as General Manager.

Your official job description will allow you to manage, not to do everyday tasks a Thai person could do.

Finally, consider that you can only own 49 per cent if the company (unless you are American and the company was specially set up to take advantage of this fact).

Generally speaking, it is not a good idea to go this route if all you want is somewhere cheap to live and a bit of a purpose.

You would save loads of money living elsewhere and being a regular customer instead.

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/02/2018 at 11:11 AM, Danthefarang said:

Thank you for the host advice blackcap.......back to the drawing board :-)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

It's nice to have someone listen, rather than just crack on regardless then complain bitterly when it all goes wrong.

Best of luck wirh your search. You clearly have the right attitude to find what you are looking for.

Archived