Best shops in BKK for genuine second hand rolex?

hello55060

As the topic suggests I'm looking to buy a rolex during my time here and I know the best place to go is to MBK mall, the problem is I know it's full of fakes and probably decent replicas...

I just want to buy a genuine piece so I was wondering if anyone could tell me names of some places in the mall which only deal with genuine time pieces and recommended, so I don't waste time (no pun intended) going to a shop making out it's genuine when it's not plus I don't have loads of experience in watches, so just basically don't want to get mugged off.

Or alternatively, do any places in say central world deal with this? As I guess harder to sell that sort of stuff there if they got legit dealers in the same mall, so could filter the crap out easily. 

Thanks in advance

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/01/2018 at 10:52 AM, overherebc said:

One good way to check is using the numbers located in the attached photo.

I doubt if copies have them.

Means removing the wrist band as you can't see them properly with it still on.

rolex-serial-number-diagram.jpg

Better quality fakes do have these numbers, although the font differs slightly.

I've always found the numbers on the date wheel (1-31) to be a better indicator. I have never seen a fake get this right.

You open them up and check the actions for the roles logo. No fakes have this detail. You will need a loupe. If you do not already have one you will not be taken seriously.  A genuine second hand, no pun intended, Rolex will be no cheaper in Bangkok than london or new york.

On 1/6/2018 at 11:03 AM, JaiLai said:

There used to be a shop in WTC called Papaya that dealt in 2nd hand watches although this was many moons ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Papaya Watch are still around. They have a shop in MBK (2/F), and Central World (4/F).

On 1/6/2018 at 10:39 AM, Jai Dee said:

Some Thai friends of mine regularly buy and sell genuine up-market "name-brand" watches at the 9Naliga shop.

It has a good reputation.

It is certainly a good value shop, they have, what appears to be, a new Patek Philippe and a Rolex, amongst others, for B3,300.

m8.jpg

ml.jpg

On 07/01/2018 at 8:41 PM, blackcab said:

Better quality fakes do have these numbers, although the font differs slightly.

I've always found the numbers on the date wheel (1-31) to be a better indicator. I have never seen a fake get this right.

How do they differ?

1 hour ago, The manic said:

How do they differ?

The font and also the spacing is wrong. The correct font is very distinctive.

The copies I've seen are kind of similar, but also they are a million miles away if you know what you are looking for.

2 minutes ago, blackcab said:

The font and also the spacing is wrong. The correct font is very distinctive.

The copies I've seen are kind of similar, but also they are a million miles away if you know what you are looking for.

Thanks

On 1/6/2018 at 10:39 AM, Jai Dee said:

Some Thai friends of mine regularly buy and sell genuine up-market "name-brand" watches at the 9Naliga shop.

It has a good reputation.

I think you have posted the wrong link!

Do you mean here? Paradise Mall Sri Nakarin.

http://www.9naliga.com/

Page Facebook: 9naliga Shop
Instagram & Timeline: 9naliga
Update !! Application on Mobile: 9naliga

I went to the shop a couple of years ago. Clever guy. Fingers in many pies. Worth $$$.

RAZZ

On 1/9/2018 at 3:04 AM, RAZZELL said:

I think you have posted the wrong link!

Do you mean here? Paradise Mall Sri Nakarin.

http://www.9naliga.com/

Page Facebook: 9naliga Shop
Instagram & Timeline: 9naliga
Update !! Application on Mobile: 9naliga

I went to the shop a couple of years ago. Clever guy. Fingers in many pies. Worth $$$.

RAZZ

I think you are correct... 9naliga is the name of the business that my friends use.

He is a very wealthy guy!

I recently sold a kitchen appliance online and the buyer was a very pleasant European man who told me he had been a watchmaker and watch repairman in Europe, specializing in Rolex.  He now lives in Thailand and privately deals in used Rolex's.  He seemed a pretty straight forward person.  I have his business card.  If the OP or anybody else is interested in contacting him, send me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 8:37 AM, Jai Dee said:

I think you are correct... 9naliga is the name of the business that my friends use.

May be good to have the link in the old post removed or corrected;  it links to a site with fakes/replicas. 

As for Papaya, their prices are really, REALLY competitive. To the point that it's borderline suspicious, as it's readily 25% lower than what you see internationally for used Rolex.   Yet not so low that they'd be obvious fakes. 

I think they're very likely legitimate, especially as they're in business so long, but I still wonder how it's possible.

http://papayawatch.com/productextra.php?id=new 

38 minutes ago, mark5335 said:

They have a shop in MBK (2nd floor), and also at Central World (1st floor).

thanks! i'm not interested in watches but they also sell clocks. i am a collector and have a fistful of clocks to be repaired. a bit strange is that they publish a contact email but nowhere their location.

On 31/01/2018 at 10:18 AM, WinnieTheKhwai said:

May be good to have the link in the old post removed or corrected;  it links to a site with fakes/replicas. 

As for Papaya, their prices are really, REALLY competitive. To the point that it's borderline suspicious, as it's readily 25% lower than what you see internationally for used Rolex.   Yet not so low that they'd be obvious fakes. 

I think they're very likely legitimate, especially as they're in business so long, but I still wonder how it's possible.

http://papayawatch.com/productextra.php?id=new 

When I have been there they weren't particularly cheap, although some pieces on there look a steal? The green unused LV for instance?

Although, I think European prices on certain run of the mill used pieces are way over the top. 

Prices are set by supply & demand and the Asian desire for "new"  - go to Hong Kong and you will find similar deals.  

RAZZ

I've not seen a fake that would fool most people that have actually handled a real Rolex.

Go to a Rolex shop and handle a few before you look at used.

You might get lucky, but I never see enough of a discount on a used one to make it worthwhile. 

Archived