Best shops in BKK for genuine second hand rolex?

hello55060

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/31/2018 at 1:23 PM, Naam said:

where is that company located?

Papaya Watch is located in the 'Watch / Jewelry area' of Central World (Bangkok). 

I recently took my watches there to be apprised - they really low balled an offer and I walked...

OP : PM Sent - I'm selling my Explorer II. 

8 minutes ago, Naam said:

some people just don't get it that a watch can be much more than a time-piece.

I used to enjoy that and had a selection of watches I enjoyed.... 

I really can't be bothered with that stuff any more... sometimes we just change and the things we used to enjoy are no longer our cup of tea.

1 hour ago, Naam said:

some people just don't get it that a watch can be much more than a time-piece.

Of course. I never used to be into watches but now am. Still wouldnt pay big $ on a brand name watch though. Plenty of good watches at the mid level.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I used to enjoy that and had a selection of watches I enjoyed.... 

I really can't be bothered with that stuff any more... sometimes we just change and the things we used to enjoy are no longer our cup of tea.

Exactly. Hobbies need to change. People who do the same things for 50 years are boring.

Where is best place to buy super top quality fake ( if that's not ok to post pm me ) as now they are so close to real if you know place to get top quality fake ? Safer too if someone want to steal just give it to them and avoid confrontation and keep your real one in safe deposit box .

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I would fly over to Europe and purchase it from an Official Rolex Shop in Switzerland ... same for getting it serviced, much less and totally reliable when you use one of the official Rolex stores ....I would not even fully trust to leave a Rolex to service in some shops in Europe, so not to mention elsewhere...

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

I would fly over to Europe and purchase it from an Official Rolex Shop in Switzerland ... same for getting it serviced, much less when you use one of the official Rolex stores in Switzerland....I would not even fully trust to leave a Rolex in some stores in Europe, so not to mention elsewhere...

So 12 grand watch and 3 grand to buy it.

Why bother?

So 12 grand watch and 3 grand to buy it.

Why bother?

We get it, you’re a Seiko guy. That’s fine. The battery dies, just stop at lotus and buy a new watch.

Just because you don’t want to spend the money, why try to spoil it for someone that does?

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

We get it, you’re a Seiko guy. That’s fine. The battery dies, just stop at lotus and buy a new watch.

Just because you don’t want to spend the money, why try to spoil it for someone that does?

No I'm not anything.

On 1/8/2018 at 5:22 AM, The manic said:

You open them up and check the actions for the roles logo. No fakes have this detail. You will need a loupe. If you do not already have one you will not be taken seriously.  A genuine second hand, no pun intended, Rolex will be no cheaper in Bangkok than london or new york.

I think you have nailed it..

Hi,

2nd hand Rolex, as other said, will probably be the same price as anywhere... Internet now is used by everybody so you know the value of what you're selling or buying. Can give a look on the bay... If the seller has good feedback you'll get something genuine. Taxes are a bit of luck here in Thailand... I got 12% on a $1200.- and about 5% on a $300.- watch... and nothing on a $500.- one... so roll the dice ! :)

If you really want a Rolex, go ahead... But there are some great other brands out there, and great vintage ones. With Rolex, you pay the brand more than R&D and the product you buy. I've had one, stopped working 2 times after being serviced in Geneva.

Some less known brands have also made beautiful calibers with complications (I like to look at vintage watches). They just never spent as much as Rolex in marketing... though I love Roger  ;)

Oh, by the way, I like Seiko a lot... Actually Grand Seiko... wonderful watches since the 60's with the same bph or higher than Rolex. But you can also find those Seiko high bph calibers in other cases with smoother prices (King Seiko).

And would love this second hand watch... But would someone sponsor me ? Maybe Prawit ??? 5555

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-owned-SEIKO-Grand-Seiko-Professional-High-Beat-36000-Master-Shop-Limited/162872620741?epid=732786148&hash=item25ebf6f6c5:g:bGEAAOSwYeRZ9v9s

Good luck with your find 

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:53 AM, observer90210 said:

I would fly over to Europe and purchase it from an Official Rolex Shop in Switzerland ... same for getting it serviced, much less and totally reliable when you use one of the official Rolex stores ....I would not even fully trust to leave a Rolex to service in some shops in Europe, so not to mention elsewhere...

Or you could get a taxi to Wireless Road to the official Rolex shop which sells exactly the same watches as the Swiss shops.

You wouldn't trust some European Rolex outlets to service your Rolex but you would let the European Swiss one do so, how come?

23 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Or you could get a taxi to Wireless Road to the official Rolex shop which sells exactly the same watches as the Swiss shops.

You wouldn't trust some European Rolex outlets to service your Rolex but you would let the European Swiss one do so, how come?

Ok was not aware of wireless road, thanks for the tip. First, Switzerland has one of the lowest VAT rates in Europe.  I prefer the Swiss Rolex factory store as the servicing is cheaper, done in the Rolex factory and comes back with a 2 year guarantee depending on the work. Also have heard that some rogue shops in France, Spain or Italy despite being Rolex agents, have got into trouble for replacing original parts with fake pieces. Just don't wanna take the risk.

On 2/12/2018 at 10:25 AM, mogandave said:

Oh dear, a genuine display of horological ignorance. Seiko are a widely respected brand, very often using in-house automatic movements. Grand Seiko, Presage & higher end Prospex pieces have genuine top quality finishing & movements. As for your attempted battery jibe, whilst personally I prefer automatics, you can consider that the following houses provide quartz movement models : Omega, AP, JLC, Sinn, Marathon, Breitling etc etc.

Oh dear, a genuine display of horological ignorance. Seiko are a widely respected brand, very often using in-house automatic movements. Grand Seiko, Presage & higher end Prospex pieces have genuine top quality finishing & movements. As for your attempted battery jibe, whilst personally I prefer automatics, you can consider that the following houses provide quartz movement models : Omega, AP, JLC, Sinn, Marathon, Breitling etc etc.

I know Seiko makes a fine watch. The thread is supposed to about buying a Rolex, not about why people that might want to buy one are fools.

It’s like having a thread about buying a Montblanc pen, and someone joining to talk smack about how much cheaper and better a Pentel is.

11 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Ok was not aware of wireless road, thanks for the tip. First, Switzerland has one of the lowest VAT rates in Europe.  I prefer the Swiss Rolex factory store as the servicing is cheaper, done in the Rolex factory and comes back with a 2 year guarantee depending on the work. Also have heard that some rogue shops in France, Spain or Italy despite being Rolex agents, have got into trouble for replacing original parts with fake pieces. Just don't wanna take the risk.

How much more expensive is servicing by the official appointed Rolex shop in Bangkok than the Swiss operation?  By the way, VAT in Thailand is 7%, in Switzerland it is over 14% more at 8%.

You seem to be suggesting that standards for servicing Rolex outside Switzerland are below par, what do you base that on besides hearsay about "rogue shops" in other parts of Europe?  And do Rolex watches actually need replacement parts frequently enough for you to be concerned particularly as you're unlikely to be getting repairs done in those countries?  If they do, and I doubt it, perhaps you should consider abandoning Rolex and it's problems and buying a watch that is reliable enough not to need parts replacing.

Vat in Switzerland is 7.7

A service at Rolex Geneva starts at CHF 600.-

I had a service and little repairs (after 10 years worn 7/7 24/24)  CHF 1200.-

Option was to have saphir glass changed, price CHF 800.-

The watch is the SS Pepsi (GTM Master II) 

Let you Google for exchange rates. 

Edit :

If you buy such a watch as partly an investment, it's very important to have the box and all documentation. Then servicing the watch at Rolex factory and  keeping the bills will give her more value the the one that doesn't have all that.

One that's a lot cheaper than all others with nothing (box, docs and bills) might have "fallen off the truck" 

• 2 months later...
On 2/12/2018 at 5:53 AM, observer90210 said:

The you would be wasting money!

"Rolex is a bit pricey for service, but it is worth it. They put your watch in their international computer system and if it is stolen or whatnot and comes for servicing they get it back. They also warranty the repairs for a year, good at any Rolex service center. They also pressure test the watches, which not all watchmakers can do. "

"Only official Rolex retailers are allowed to sell and maintain a Rolex. They guarantee the authenticity of each and every part of your Rolex, not to mention its reliability over time, helping you make the choice that will last a lifetime."

If the official Rolex shops here sold dodgy watches or did shoddy repairs, first they would lose their customers and second they would lose their Rolex licence.

You are really doing nothing more than scaremongering with absolutely no basis.

On 2/12/2018 at 5:53 AM, observer90210 said:

it goes without saying that i fly to Paris to change the battery of my Cartier. rabugento1.gif

On 14/02/2018 at 1:55 PM, happysoul said:

Vat in Switzerland is 7.7

A service at Rolex Geneva starts at CHF 600.-

I had a service and little repairs (after 10 years worn 7/7 24/24)  CHF 1200.-

Option was to have saphir glass changed, price CHF 800.-

The watch is the SS Pepsi (GTM Master II) 

Let you Google for exchange rates. 

Edit :

If you buy such a watch as partly an investment, it's very important to have the box and all documentation. Then servicing the watch at Rolex factory and  keeping the bills will give her more value the the one that doesn't have all that.

One that's a lot cheaper than all others with nothing (box, docs and bills) might have "fallen off the truck" 

Not a good investment unless it's a rare highly sort after piece.

Archived