Dog goes to the vet himself and knocks on the door for treatment!

rooster59

Dog goes to the vet himself and knocks on the door for treatment!

dog.JPG

Image: TNA

Thai media reported that an injured Golden Retriever had gone to the vet himself after getting an eye injury.

The dog was not just waiting outside - apparently he was pawing at the door of the Petto Street clinic in Lam Lukka, Pathum Thani, for help.

Vet Siramanee Wongpitayadisai soon had matters in hand and had the retriever's eye patched up and a device put on to stop the now christened "Jao Den" from scratching himself. 

Now came the job of finding out who the owner was. The vet said that no way was he a stray or a soi dog. as he was trained and not fierce.

They got on a motorcycle to tour the area but when that didn't work the vet posted on Facebook to try and find the owner.

This did the trick and the owner and dog were later reunited - apparently it had got out while the owner was distracted and had clearly hurt itself in the meantime. 

Thai TV and TNA reported the story remarking on the intelligence of the dog in seeking treatment at the vets.

Source: TNA

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-06

20 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

should have done the country a favor and put it down!

Why? It was someone's pet, a part of their family, who ran off.

Do you have a young son or daughter? What is your reaction if I say that I hope that if they run off and get injured in an accident they too will be put down if they seek help. Jeez! I'm happy that I am unlikely to have the misfortune to meet such a callously heartless human being. If it came to company, I'd prefer the dog any day.

On 2018-01-06 at 7:48 AM, jingjingna said:

The ‘device’ is called a collar. 

Where I come from.... the collar is a thin leather strap or chain around the dog's neck with the dog tag and name tag on it.

stock-photo-jack-russell-terrier-dog-smi

The device around the neck to prevent the dog from biting/scratching itself we call an "Elisabethan Collar" or  "Pet Cone" or simply "cone" .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabethan_collar

7 hours ago, Catoni said:

Where I come from.... the collar is a thin leather strap or chain around the dog's neck with the dog tag and name tag on it.

The device around the neck to prevent the dog from biting/scratching itself we call an "Elisabethan Collar" or  "Pet Cone" or simply "cone" .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabethan_collar

We call it "the cone of shame".

image.jpeg.00085875b3ae0bbf789898974f82742c.jpeg

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

The dog was a smart dog! Took its self to the clinic, just how many

soi diogs do you think are that smart.  I am glad the clinic workers have better

brains and attitude than some commenters.

Geezer

Dogs aren't stupid,they remember where they can get help or who has helped them in the past. While walking in the countryside near a lake,something I do every day, I noticed a dog that I had never seen before tangled up in a fence around a field, it had a piece of old cloth which was hanging around the barbed wire wrapped so tightly around its neck that it was close to suffocating, I couldn't untangle the cloth and had to run home to get a knife to cut the dog free, since then it greets me ecstatically every morning and follows me on my walk around the lake.

Archived