Phuket beach banishment drama - hotel within their rights, say district officials

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, webfact said:

The hotel said that they were not banishing the tourists concerned from the beach - just asking them to move on to another section as theirs is private.

now that is some bs corporate talk there

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thalang district chief Kongtho-adul Chuthong and the local kamnan spoke to the management at Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket and discovered that the stretch of beach in question is indeed owned by the hotel.

Lol... I know it’s probably only me... but as I read it.....

the district chiefs spoke to the hotel management, and the hotel told them that the beach belonged to them.... sorted.

but... yay... private beach, drag out the fags and light up!

I have heard high tide water line is the point, but I have lived in a seaside city in Vic. Australia and the difference between winter and summer can be as much as 100 meters or more, and it seems the winter water line wins.

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Beach can not be private land.

I hope the army looks into this, but I get the impression that someone (won't name, you never know) is making a lot of money here.

as far as i know beach area must be always public accessable...regardless who owns it...this is an old rule of the king ..beach is for the people of the land not for somebody to own it same as air etc.....

Archived