British man arrested over death of bar girl in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

ok, so run then. bs

No problems... police should consider adding a charge for fleeing the scene of an accident.

as westerners, we are quite aware that this charge exists... so if he fled, he should be charged for doing so according to the law and norms in thailand, by the Thai police.... correct?

im 100% behind that.

Do you have any info about what the usual penalty is, for fleeing the scene of an accident/ crime?

13 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You're right, anything is possible. 

But with this guy's history, plus the fact he took her phone and left her for dead, legged it to another hotel, and he had the motorbike rental company after him, and he had over stayed his visa  - I know where my money would be if I was a betting man.

I’ll bet you 100 Aud he gets off with than three years, or less.... pay up or leave the forum (and not return under a new name).... deal?

On 1/9/2018 at 12:26 AM, cyberfarang said:

I`ll argue this till the cows come home, prostitution is an extremely dangerous occupation, those working in Pattaya are no exception to the rule, and time scales have not made any difference, it`s been like this throughout history. There was a well publicised case either last year or the year before, think it was in Indonesia, whereas a high profile young English guy, well to do working in a financial institution and in all appearances seemed respectable and a safe bet, had murdered scores of young prostitutes over a short period of time. Those girls suffered horrendous deaths at his hands, some held and tortured for days and that was just one of thousands of such cases.

Are you referring to Rurik Jutting, the British banker who murdered two Indonesian hookers in Hong Kong, if so it was 2014

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

No problems... police should consider adding a charge for fleeing the scene of an accident.

as westerners, we are quite aware that this charge exists... so if he fled, he should be charged for doing so according to the law and norms in thailand, by the Thai police.... correct?

im 100% behind that.

Do you have any info about what the usual penalty is, for fleeing the scene of an accident/ crime?

yes correct. i don't know the thai laws with regards to fleeing the scene so can't fill you in on that, sorry. i do know that it doesn't look good.

15 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You're right, anything is possible. 

But with this guy's history, plus the fact he took her phone and left her for dead, legged it to another hotel, and he had the motorbike rental company after him, and he had over stayed his visa  - I know where my money would be if I was a betting man.

Hes banged to rights over multiple issues. He's not walking within 10 years nailed on. They havent yet considered (but the girls family have) that if he hadnt overstayed his visa he wouldnt have been there in the first place.

16 hours ago, BigC said:

Maybe you need to revise where you get your information from 

16 hours ago, BigC said:

then find in’s out the old bill got a warrant out for him for rape

One of us certainly needs to revise where we get our information from... lol... I pick you.

On 1/8/2018 at 12:18 PM, 4MyEgo said:

What a dog of a man, just left, no call for help, an ambulance perhaps, he was stressed and decided to leave, yeh right, looks more like you through her off the balcony now, doesn't it sunshine 555.

While agreeing, this coward behaviour seems to be the standard in Thailand (when did we last time read about a driver (still alive) NOT fleeing the scene?), so maybe he stayed in Thailand for too long. 

Archived