Heroin Use “Widespread” in Chiang Mai According to Deputy Commissioner

snoop1130

Heroin Use “Widespread” in Chiang Mai According to Deputy Commissioner

by CityNews

heroincnx.jpg

CityNews – Police have described the number of heroin users in Chiang Mai as “widespread” after they discovered 10 million baht worth of heroin in a stash on the side of the road as part of an ongoing operation.

Police Region 5 and Drug Enforcement Administration Region 5 office announced on January 7th that 8.2 kilos of heroin was found on a roadside along the Chiang Mai – Doi Suthep Road in the Doi Suthep – Pui National Park, but no suspect was found nearby. The drugs found have a street value of over 10 million baht.

Police suspect the dealers may have been aware of their operation and left the drugs and the scene untouched.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/heroin-use-widespread-chiang-mai-according-deputy-commissioner/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2018-1-8

"Police suspect the dealers may have been aware of their operation and left the drugs and the scene untouched." because they got a tip off ?.

I suspect that amount would have been destined for export,rather than local users,whom I thought

Yaba was their drug of preference.

regards Worgeordie

On 1/9/2018 at 9:26 AM, markaoffy said:

And crime related to rise more and more

The crime is directly related to the drug being illegal. Criminal gangs make huge amounts of money, and the world has it's War on Drugs - 555 - as a money making operation to try and prevent it.

Want the crime to vanish overnight - remove the crime. Treat drug users as the Public Health problem it is - not a military and police problem

No illegal drugs - no criminal gangs making money from it, no military and police fighting a war that is not winnable. Drugs have never been so available, pure, and cheap as now.

Wake up People.

13 hours ago, canthai55 said:

The crime is directly related to the drug being illegal. Criminal gangs make huge amounts of money, and the world has it's War on Drugs - 555 - as a money making operation to try and prevent it.

Want the crime to vanish overnight - remove the crime. Treat drug users as the Public Health problem it is - not a military and police problem

No illegal drugs - no criminal gangs making money from it, no military and police fighting a war that is not winnable. Drugs have never been so available, pure, and cheap as now.

Wake up People.

Also overdoses would drop dramatically if opiates were regulated. Drug users never know exactly what they are buying

Are they saying they think use is widespread because they found this stash, or because they already well knew it is widespread? And are they talking about Thai users, or visitors, or both? I'm in CM but rather new to the area, but haven't seen any signs of such; however, more than most drugs, I know it can hide in plain sight. I'd like to know if it is really here, because it always leads to the same kinds of drama, and crimes, and no one needs that.

17 hours ago, Enzian said:

Are they saying they think use is widespread because they found this stash, or because they already well knew it is widespread? And are they talking about Thai users, or visitors, or both? I'm in CM but rather new to the area, but haven't seen any signs of such; however, more than most drugs, I know it can hide in plain sight. I'd like to know if it is really here, because it always leads to the same kinds of drama, and crimes, and no one needs that.

It is around, but Ya Ba - speed - is much more common. Tuk Tuk drivers used to approach tourists to buy white powder (heroin) regularly 30 years ago. That never happens anymore.

17 hours ago, Enzian said:

Never seen Heroin or cocaine around, but almost all the university students and young Thai people in CM use Ya ba or Ya Ice which is extremely cheap and widespread. Probably as widespread as alcohol. Was walking around on Doi Suthep mountain last year, and walked through a big field of red poppies ..... surely not ...... then walked a bit quicker past.

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Never seen Heroin or cocaine around, but almost all the university students and young Thai people in CM use Ya ba or Ya Ice which is extremely cheap and widespread. Probably as widespread as alcohol.

Dont tell me : All the girls prostitute themselves and all the guys rob foreigners to get their drug money ?

On 1/12/2018 at 6:44 PM, canthai55 said:

Wake up People.

You can't be a yank they think the answer to every problem is to send men with guns.

Archived