Jump to content
BANGKOK 23 May 2019 09:57

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

Heroin Use “Widespread” in Chiang Mai According to Deputy Commissioner

Recommended Posts

Heroin Use “Widespread” in Chiang Mai According to Deputy Commissioner

by CityNews

 

heroincnx.jpg

 

CityNews – Police have described the number of heroin users in Chiang Mai as “widespread” after they discovered 10 million baht worth of heroin in a stash on the side of the road as part of an ongoing operation.

 

Police Region 5 and Drug Enforcement Administration Region 5 office announced on January 7th that 8.2 kilos of heroin was found on a roadside along the Chiang Mai – Doi Suthep Road in the Doi Suthep – Pui National Park, but no suspect was found nearby. The drugs found have a street value of over 10 million baht.

 

Police suspect the dealers may have been aware of their operation and left the drugs and the scene untouched.

 

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/heroin-use-widespread-chiang-mai-according-deputy-commissioner/

 
changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2018-1-8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chiang Mai, no alcohol after midnight but...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All over Thailand,heroine cocaine, ice etc etc . And crime related to rise more and more


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Police suspect the dealers may have been aware of their operation and left the drugs and the scene untouched." because they got a tip off ?.

I suspect that amount would have been destined for export,rather than local users,whom I thought

Yaba was their drug of preference.

regards Worgeordie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much different than any other country in the world. Same shxt, different place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 9:26 AM, markaoffy said:

And crime related to rise more and more

The crime is directly related to the drug being illegal. Criminal gangs make huge amounts of money, and the world has it's War on Drugs - 555 - as a money making operation to try and prevent it.

Want the crime to vanish overnight - remove the crime. Treat drug users as the Public Health problem it is - not a military and police problem

No illegal drugs - no criminal gangs making money from it, no military and police fighting a war that is not winnable. Drugs have never been so available, pure, and cheap as now.

Wake up People.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, canthai55 said:

The crime is directly related to the drug being illegal. Criminal gangs make huge amounts of money, and the world has it's War on Drugs - 555 - as a money making operation to try and prevent it.

Want the crime to vanish overnight - remove the crime. Treat drug users as the Public Health problem it is - not a military and police problem

No illegal drugs - no criminal gangs making money from it, no military and police fighting a war that is not winnable. Drugs have never been so available, pure, and cheap as now.

Wake up People.

Also overdoses would drop dramatically if opiates were regulated. Drug users never know exactly what they are buying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they saying they think use is widespread because they found this stash, or because they already well knew it is widespread? And are they talking about Thai users, or visitors, or both? I'm in CM but rather new to the area, but haven't seen any signs of such; however, more than most drugs, I know it can hide in plain sight. I'd like to know if it is really here, because it always leads to the same kinds of drama, and crimes, and no one needs that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Also overdoses would drop dramatically if opiates were regulated. Drug users never know exactly what they are buying

Yes, good point, keep drugs illegal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, good point, keep drugs illegal 

Regulated and prescribed like methadone would probably be OK. Heroin is much less dangerous to quit cold turkey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Enzian said:

Are they saying they think use is widespread because they found this stash, or because they already well knew it is widespread? And are they talking about Thai users, or visitors, or both? I'm in CM but rather new to the area, but haven't seen any signs of such; however, more than most drugs, I know it can hide in plain sight. I'd like to know if it is really here, because it always leads to the same kinds of drama, and crimes, and no one needs that.

It is around, but Ya Ba - speed - is much more common. Tuk Tuk drivers used to approach tourists to buy white powder (heroin) regularly 30 years ago. That never happens anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Enzian said:

Are they saying they think use is widespread because they found this stash, or because they already well knew it is widespread? And are they talking about Thai users, or visitors, or both? I'm in CM but rather new to the area, but haven't seen any signs of such; however, more than most drugs, I know it can hide in plain sight. I'd like to know if it is really here, because it always leads to the same kinds of drama, and crimes, and no one needs that.

Never seen Heroin or cocaine around, but almost all the university students and young Thai people in CM use Ya ba or Ya Ice which is extremely cheap and widespread. Probably as widespread as alcohol. Was walking around on Doi Suthep mountain last year, and walked through a big field of red poppies ..... surely not ...... then walked a bit quicker past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Never seen Heroin or cocaine around, but almost all the university students and young Thai people in CM use Ya ba or Ya Ice which is extremely cheap and widespread. Probably as widespread as alcohol.

Dont tell me : All the girls prostitute themselves and all the guys rob foreigners to get their drug money ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...